Post-Game Talk: Hollandaise

Oct 15, 2008
Well, there are certainly some positive signs so far but I tell myself that we had had 2 victories over 2 of the weaker teams in the league and neither win was of the "convincing blowout"-- variety so let's wait to see how the Eastern road swings goes.
Good teams win the games they are supposed to win. They find a way. The Oilers have done that so far. They need to win Tuesday. As long as Kostusagain isn’t in goal, they have a chance.

My biggest takeaway from this game is McDavid is back. He could have had ten points.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
There’s lots of time to rub it in.

Patience is a virtue.
As Oilers fans you should know better than to think this one's in the bag. Lucic and Reider could both finish with 20 goals just because they don't play for Edmonton anymore. Stranger things have happened.

Reactions: Aerchon

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah I know that. I mentioned both because either one of Bear/Persson could be on the top unit with the other being on the 2nd unit.

Makes sense to keep Nurse and Bear together on the 2nd unit as they are paired up to begin with. Doesn’t mess your pairings up coming off the PP.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
All I know is Cave needs to go. Brutal player besides faceoffs. 20's in Corsi lol. Just getting killed in the d zone.

Hopefully Sheahan is back next game. That will help. Chaisson can come in for either Granlund or Khaira (I think Khaira because Granlund is a good pk guy)

Weird game. Kings got 2 flukes and that one weird one that went off of Khaira and the guy bats it in as soon as it is close to the ice.

I don't know what Nurse was doing on the Doughty goal. If he went down and blocked that shot lie he was trying to do, it does not slide through. Smith was probably surprised it just slide along the ice.

Smith is an elite puck mover, but I wish he would quickly skate behind the net and just place the puck off of the boards for the D man coming in. That can speed up transition. Our D get stuck back there a lot when they retrieve the puck.

Nice to get some production from the bottom 6..

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lines at practice appeared to be:
Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Nygard - Nugent-Hopkins - Neal
Granlund - Haas - Jurco
Khaira - Sheahan/Cave - P. Russell
Defence:
Klefbom - Persson
Nurse - Bear
K. Russell - Benning
Manning

Cave a few days away from hitting the road to Bakersfield. Khaira and Russell will be the spares when Chassion and Archibald are back from the flu.

Khaira rapidly playing his way off the team.

Hopefully Tip keeps Neal on the top PP.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
You know it's true. Incredibly unlikely I admit. But the Oilers are far from the graces of the hockey gods. Hopefully this year can help change that.
No I don’t. Will they score against the Oilers? Probably.

Will they score 20? Not a chance in hell.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Obviously they have been a bit sloppy and that's going to have to be reigned in, that said considering it's a new coach and you have to be able to win a variety of ways now in the NHL ... I'll take it.

Last year they didn't score a goal without McDavid being involved until like game 5 or 6 was it? This year they already have 4 goals in two games without McDavid factoring in.

That's a positive sign at least.

We're dealing with a lot of roster up and downs too ... Sheahan has to start on concussion protocol, Chiasson and Archibald get sick, Persson is hurt for game 1, Jurco oddly has to have some kind of cosmetic procedure and misses game 1, Larsson gets himself hurt in game 1 and plays on a broken foot for most of the game. Haas, Nygard, Persson going through their first NHL game jitters.

It will be nice when we can get more of a regular rotation in.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Lines at practice appeared to be:
Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Nygard - Nugent-Hopkins - Neal
Granlund - Haas - Jurco
Khaira - Sheahan/Cave - P. Russell
Defence:
Klefbom - Persson
Nurse - Bear
K. Russell - Benning
Manning

Cave a few days away from hitting the road to Bakersfield. Khaira and Russell will be the spares when Chassion and Archibald are back from the flu.

Khaira rapidly playing his way off the team.

Hopefully Tip keeps Neal on the top PP.

I was wondering what happened to them. Agree that Khaira and Russell are the likely spares. With Sheahan, Granlund and Haas maybe getting the odd game out as well, depending on health, and which player is bringing it on a night to night basis.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Good teams win the games they are supposed to win. They find a way. The Oilers have done that so far. They need to win Tuesday. As long as Kostusagain isn’t in goal, they have a chance.

My biggest takeaway from this game is McDavid is back. He could have had ten points.
I think one day he pulls off 7 or 8 points. Everything has to go right, team has to be better, and a couple flukes but....

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Watching the game again while cleaning the house because it’s on TV...

My god the reffs were a joke in the 3rd... for both teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: I am the Liquor

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Something happened to Khaira. He was tracking well, then injuries including a concussion (?) in the last couple of years. I'm not sold that he's an NHL player any more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad