GDT: Holland to address media at 11 AM

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I haven’t followed Skinner, so I couldn’t honestly say if he would be good or not good. Holland seems pretty high on the kid though.
He had a bad start to the year and was sent down to the ECHL. Got lit up the first game and then he played great. Called back up and had a great second half with the Condors.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
He had a bad start to the year and was sent down to the ECHL. Got lit up the first game and then he played great. Called back up and had a great second half with the Condors.

hopefully he continues to shine. Maybe he just had some early trouble or demons he had to work out.... hard to say.....

Will be interesting to see who we go for in a goalie. Would be nice to finally have a number one goalie. Man oh man what a difference it makes. Flyers having Hart has changed that team big time.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
hopefully he continues to shine. Maybe he just had some early trouble or demons he had to work out.... hard to say.....

Will be interesting to see who we go for in a goalie. Would be nice to finally have a number one goalie. Man oh man what a difference it makes. Flyers having Hart has changed that team big time.
A true number one will do wonders for a team. Unfortunately the oilers haven’t had one since Roli or Cujo. A true number one would instantly put us in contention IMO. We just don’t have the resources or more likely havent been able to attract one in well over a decade.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
A true number one will do wonders for a team. Unfortunately the oilers haven’t had one since Roli or Cujo. A true number one would instantly put us in contention IMO. We just don’t have the resources or more likely havent been able to attract one in well over a decade.
We just have to take advantage of opportunities to do so. We need to draft goalies with high picks and look for good ones.

I like the idea of going after Georgiev in New York. Shesterkin is their guy, but I dont think they'll be able to move Lundqvist. Plus, they have other great goalie prospects waiting. Plus they can only protect one goalie in the expansion next year.

The only thing I'd worry there is that they might want to see what they have in Georgiev, and if they have to have Lundqvist in the press box, so be it.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
We just have to take advantage of opportunities to do so. We need to draft goalies with high picks and look for good ones.

I like the idea of going after Georgiev in New York. Shesterkin is their guy, but I dont think they'll be able to move Lundqvist. Plus, they have other great goalie prospects waiting. Plus they can only protect one goalie in the expansion next year.

The only thing I'd worry there is that they might want to see what they have in Georgiev, and if they have to have Lundqvist in the press box, so be it.

Yeah I don’t see how they move on from Lundqvist. Either they buy him out, move georgiev or let him sit in the press box. I think they would be a bit silly to move georgiev.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Yeah I don’t see how they move on from Lundqvist. Either they buy him out, move georgiev or let him sit in the press box. I think they would be a bit silly to move georgiev.
I don't want to turn this into a proposal thread, but I think with the right asset going the other way, we could get him. NY could be even more motivated to trade him if they can get a player back, since with Lafreniere on the team, you want to add pieces to support him

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I was always

I'm always a little jelly of teams like Washington or Pitts who have had crazy good luck with tenders. I don't think the Oilers have drafted a starting goalie in almost 40 years. Since Fuhr in 81 ?.... am I wrong ? how crazy is that?

Dubby came close ...

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Absolutely, I’ve been of this opinion all along. The netminders we’ve gone through since Roli is staggering, no luck whatsoever. It’s no coincidence that we’ve been terrible since, Talbot had one good year and we made the playoffs. The way Oiler teams are built without a true starter you’re ****ed.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Practically anything will be an improvement on Mike Smith, so at least we have that.

I've disliked Smith for so long, I laughed with Calgary got him, but I KNEW he would come with Tip. Just to frantic of a goalie for his size for my liking.

That said, unless Holland does some magic to open cap I'm not sure where he gets a better goalie for cheap. It sure sounds like he wasn't sure about him.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Rangers will buyout Lundquist. Gordon said they won’t go with 3 goalies next year a couple days ago and it’s doubtful they move Georgiev over King Henrik according to Ranger reporters/ insiders, saying it would be a buyout of Lundquist.

Reactions: Patch101

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Rangers will buyout Lundquist. Gordon said they won’t go with 3 goalies next year a couple days ago and it’s doubtful they move Georgiev over King Henrik according to Ranger reporters/ insiders, saying it would be a buyout of Lundquist.
unless, perhaps they might be a little scared off of the lack of NHL experience between them. Even if Lundqvist is bought out, they could add a different vet. The #1 pick means they wouldn't want to gamble, maybe. Also the Rangers still have holes. With Laf on board, Georgiev could be a great trade chip to help out there. Idk if we have much for them, but maybe.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
That’s interesting. I always thought Hank had a job as long as he wanted. Georgiev could fetch a good return as well. What a sweetheart of a dilemma.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
unless, perhaps they might be a little scared off of the lack of NHL experience between them. Even if Lundqvist is bought out, they could add a different vet. The #1 pick means they wouldn't want to gamble, maybe. Also the Rangers still have holes. With Laf on board, Georgiev could be a great trade chip to help out there. Idk if we have much for them, but maybe.

From what I have read out of the Rangers media they are sold on Sheshterkin and Georgiev for their goaltending future. They only have to protect Georgiev at expansion time as well. Lundquist is done as a Ranger.

Reactions: Mr Positive

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That’s interesting. I always thought Hank had a job as long as he wanted. Georgiev could fetch a good return as well. What a sweetheart of a dilemma.

Yeah but look at Vegas. Lehner comes in out of nowhere and takes the top job from MAF who is a God in that town. MAF has a better chance of being an Oiler next year than Georgiev. In fact it’s probably more realistic if they cap dump MAF and eat a bit of salary that he is our goalie than Georgiev. Rangers have their goalie tandem sewn up with the 2 Russians.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah but look at Vegas. Lehner comes in out of nowhere and takes the top job from MAF who is a God in that town. MAF has a better chance of being an Oiler next year than Georgiev. In fact it’s probably more realistic if they cap dump MAF and eat a bit of salary that he is our goalie than Georgiev. Rangers have their goalie tandem sewn up with the 2 Russians.
You’re right and I agree. This is the first time it actually feels real. I like the Rangers, always have. Going to be hard without the King.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Please no on MAF. That's the same logic as adding Smith. Can we please find someone with potential to mine? Anyway, I took the Georgiev discussion to the actual rumor thread lol

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Just here to remind everyone that saying the right thing =/= doing the right thing. Don't forget how easily most of you were won over every time Chiarelli said something lol. Judge Holland not based on what he says, but what he does from here on out. Already more minuses than plusses in my book this past season, hopefully he doesn't continue that trend.

?

Explain this please.

Reactions: TB12

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Please no on MAF. That's the same logic as adding Smith. Can we please find someone with potential to mine? Anyway, I took the Georgiev discussion to the actual rumor thread lol

I agree. Just using his situation (being pushed out when he owns the town) as a comparable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad