Blue Jays Discussion: Hoffman and Pentecost signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
How about MLB ''forgetting'' to honour the death of tony gwynn and don zimmer ? real classy there !!

I'd argue that baseball has honoured their deaths at many of the ball parks where they were most associated.

Or do you want the All-Star Game to feature an "In Memorium" section like many award shows? After all, if Zimmer is worthy special notice, what about Bob Welch or Jim Fregosi and I'm sure several others who passed away since the last all-star game?

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
I'd argue that baseball has honoured their deaths at many of the ball parks where they were most associated.

Or do you want the All-Star Game to feature an "In Memorium" section like many award shows? After all, if Zimmer is worthy special notice, what about Bob Welch or Jim Fregosi and I'm sure several others who passed away since the last all-star game?

If i recall, they done it before, so this would not have been a new thing. Just thought it was unclassy to not honour your hall of famers

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Miguel Castro: 5 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 Ks.

Castro has allowed just two earned runs through his last 20 innings. 14 hits, 6 walks, and 21 strikeouts in that span.

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Arod is better then Jeter. For all the Mr. Team shine Jeter gets, the better defensive SS had to change positions when they both got on the same team.

It's also a joke to me that Bonds, Clemens etc.. aren't in the hof. I'm sure there's a bunch of cheaters already in. Wasn't it Mantle that was found to have used a corked bat?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Miguel Castro: 5 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 6 Ks.

Castro has allowed just two earned runs through his last 20 innings. 14 hits, 6 walks, and 21 strikeouts in that span.

Very nice start for castro

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Baltimore has a tough schedule coming up:
- starts with a 10 game road trip out west tomorrow with no off days

3 at oak
3 at la
4 at sea
off day
la - 3
sea - 3
at was - 1 (makeup game)
at tor - 3
st.l - 3

toronto's schedule:

tex - 3
bos - 4
at ny - 3
at bos - 3
off day
at hou - 3
off day
bal - 3
det - 3

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Sportsnet590 The FAN ‏@FAN590 44s

As per @SNJeffBlair, Aaron Sanchez has been moved to #Bisons bullpen. Could be in Toronto within 10 days as a reliever.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tim just went off on the Jays.

Pretty much said they need to poop, or get off the pot. They have fallen from having a lead of 6 games, to now being 4 games back and falling in a division that was there for the taking.

If you aren't building a championship, what are you building?

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Tim just went off on the Jays.

Pretty much said they need to poop, or get off the pot. They have fallen from having a lead of 6 games, to now being 4 games back and falling in a division that was there for the taking.

If you aren't building a championship, what are you building?

Randomly?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
When they haven't played since Sunday? Figure the rant would've come on Monday rather than Thursday...unless he was expecting some move to have been made over the last four days.

I suppose it was random in that way.

He was also saying that Bautista and EE are two of the best in baseball and the Jays didn't surround them with good enough pieces,

so it in a way related to Bautista being in the all-star game I suppose

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Not that he's completely wrong, but it seemed like Tim was trying to overcompensate for his partner in crime being away in addition to it being one of the slowest sports news days of the year.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I suppose it was random in that way.

He was also saying that Bautista and EE are two of the best in baseball and the Jays didn't surround them with good enough pieces,

so it in a way related to Bautista being in the all-star game I suppose

Meh. Sounds like a slow sports day on an afternoon show.

To his point about Bautista and EE; its hard to say that having two other former silver sluggers (Reyes, Lind), and three other former all-stars (Cabrera, Reyes, Navarro) in the lineup is not having enough good pieces surrounding them.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The patch job continues.

AA should be fired if he does nothing to help this team achieve and they miss the playoffs.

Waiver claims do not preclude, prevent, or otherwise signal a lack of intent to trade. The team is hurting for depth. If they can plug in Mills in Buffalo or in the pen or whatever while other issues are sorted out, there's no real downside.

But instead every time there's a minor move, it's treated like a signal that the Jays are not interested in making any other meaningful upgrades. Sign some depth? Welp, must not be trading for anything. Bring a guy up for the minors? Geez, why wouldn't they make a trade instead.

Where does adding Brad Mills to the 40-man hurt the team in any way? Even if he does nothing, or comes in for a spot start and sucks, it's not the end of the world.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm not sure that the Jays' brass is convinced that this team is good enough to allocate the financial resources necessary to acquire an impact player.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 33m
Sources :#BlueJays checked on Alfonso Soriano. Encarnacion, Lind, Lawrie still on DL. Soriano said to be mulling his options.

lol

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Exactly the move Bautista was thinking of I bet? :sarcasm:

****off AA

You're bang on yet again trellaine. This is the move AA has been planning all along to help put the Jays over the top. He hasn't even bothered working the phones. He was just specifically targeting Brad Mills from the Athletics and devised a plan where he could pick him up off waivers for nothing. A true steal if I've ever seen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad