Hockeys back!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
@Matt9Duchene: Bags are packed, flight home in 6.5 hrs

@PAParenteau: Looking forward to meet the boys in Denver tuesday...about time!

No word on when Stastny, Varlamov, and O'Reilly are expected to get back.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I wonder how we'll do in these divisional games this year. It has to be better than last year... right?

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I wonder how we'll do in these divisional games this year. It has to be better than last year... right?

it can't be worst that's for sure, we played so bad against the NW teams that's crazy . Calgary almost made the playoff, last year , just be playing against us :shakehead

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well this is a pleasant surprise. **** a top pick, it's better watching Duchene, Landy, ROR and Varly making the playoffs.:nod:

SlyAvs

smokin Joe
Mar 21, 2011
My worries are O'really and Varly's knee
RoR hammer : work ethic and popularity

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
We can't do any worse than last season within our division. And since we've had all our top players playing overseas we should be coming into the season hotter than a few other teams. And if we finish 9th in the west we could still win the first draft pick.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The NHL initially thought of starting training camps as early as Wednesday, a day after expected ratification votes on the new CBA.
But the league is now looking at the weekend of Jan. 11-13 to do so, hopefully by Friday the 11th. There were just a few too many logistics still to iron out for a Wednesday opening.

Most or all Avs will be back in town by Tuesday. I’m sure they’ll do some scrimmaging in the meantime til the weekend.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/01/06/nhlavs-training-camp-start-weekend/12115/

More time to get the O'Reilly deal done.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If training camp opens Friday, I'd take off work to go watch.

I noticed the Nuggets are home most of January, so the Avs may be on the road a good chunk to start.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
January 19th is what David Pagnotta (4th Period) is saying

And no 50 game season, 48. Not really a big deal imo (but clearly not final)

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I find it amusing that EDM fans are already guaranteeing that either Schultz or Yakupov is going to win the Calder. Just like RNH and Hall :sarcasm:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I find it amusing that EDM fans are already guaranteeing that either Schultz or Yakupov is going to win the Calder. Just like RNH and Hall :sarcasm:

A couple of my friends and co-workers here in Edmonton are still bitter about RNH not winning the Calder. It has been seven months and they're still complaining. :laugh:

But I do think Yakupov should be one of the favourites.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
A couple of my friends and co-workers here in Edmonton are still bitter about RNH not winning the Calder. It has been seven months and they're still complaining. :laugh:

But I do think Yakupov should be one of the favourites.

I also think Yakupov and Schultz both have a chance to win, but especially in a shortened season anything could happen. Plus there are many others who have a chance.

Its absurd to say your guy is going to win before a game has even been played. Lets wait for half the games are played before we even start talking awards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad