Post-Game Talk: Hockey is back - Leafs Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I thought they leaned way too hard into the sappy aspect, personally. A little overdone.
For myself, it just really brought us down when we were enjoying what seemed like a normal night for a change.

I guess we're so sick of hearing this stuff that it would have been nice had they just focused on hockey.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The presentation and intensity of the Edmonton game was miles ahead of this game.
I’m guessing that horrible presentation was down to NBC?
Which is odd because NBC is usually much better than CBC/Sportsnet at broadcasting hockey

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Not promising to hear Kerfoot talking about the poor quality of the ice (“the ice was sloppy and it was hard to make plays,”). And when this gets rolling there will be up to 3 games/day on that ice. Probably better for the grinding teams and bad for everyone else.
Not much you can do in Toronto hottest summer ever ... 27 days over 30 degrees ... last year we had 2

Reactions: Duffman955

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
For myself, it just really brought us down when we were enjoying what seemed like a normal night for a change.

I guess we're so sick of hearing this stuff that it would have been nice had they just focused on hockey.
Yeah we all need a little escape ...

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Curious on what the thoughts were on the opening montage to COVID?
I thought it was well done. The narrative that sports are an escape of sorts is true and not having it through these crazy covid days has been tough for many. Rang true to me.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I thought it was well done. The narrative that sports are an escape of sorts is true and not having it through these crazy covid days has been tough for many. Rang true to me.
Reminding us that we need an escape took some pleasure out of the escape.

Reactions: kb and Smif

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
That's not all! I hear Price peed on the Leafs logo before the game!

Well, if that is true, I wish someone infected with Covid-19 would cough and spit all over his equipment before their next practice or game!

Maybe the entire Habs team's equipment should be peed on too!

I'm sorry, but I'm furious about the Habs using OUR LEAFS dressing room.!!!.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Well, if that is true, I wish someone infected with Covid-19 would cough and spit all over his equipment before their next practice or game!

I guess there's always one. Rage on.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Well this is stupid

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The answers to my questions about the Leaf's weaknesses:
- Defense? If that's our Achilles's heel, we're doing okay.
- Goaltending? Think it's mentally challenging for a goalie constantly have to make an awesome save, one for the ages every night. The team has put Andersen in a good frame of mind. He can breathe.
- Pond Hockey? The Leaf's flashy players have been a steady source of turnovers. Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Nylander combined for 2 giveaways. Only 5 by the entire team. Toronto typically tries to get at least 10 every game. Positionally, think a few needed to skate harder/closer to their dance partner. If all that's left is stick infraction as an option, you're doing it wrong. eg. Nylander.
- Scoring depth? It wasn't just Robinson, you could see it sparked his line-mates as well. This further enhances the belief the Leafs don't have to force anything. Mature patience on all lines will get the job done.
- Injuries? Will returning players be okay? *laugh* Rielly was really dominate. Mikheyev was a force.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
from what I saw last night, he should be on the team ahead of Engvall at the very least.
its funny i keep hearing the same thing "we need bigger bodies to play a team like columbus" and i never understood that train of thought. he makes that 3rd line faster and harder to deal with. you are more likely to win by using players that fit your style than using players that play the other teams style. he should be playing if he contributes more to our system than goat or giraffe lol. and i believe he does bring more..quite substantially more.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The Leafs gave up 5 high danger chances all game even though they were shorthanded 6 times. For reference, the best team at limiting high danger chances (Minnesota) gave up an average of 8.5 per game. So a pretty good defensive showing I think. And it's not just that Montreal is awful, as they were the 5th best team in the league at generating high danger chances

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica

lol it was keefes idea. why so angry?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

I wonder if you put your name to this post what would happen. Moments like this make me realize how bad anonymity is for civilized discussion

Reactions: qqaz and Morgs

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I wish I know what you guys are all making fun of, but I've blocked about half this board :laugh:

Someone's mad that the Habs were using the home team dressing room... Like all-caps and stars type mad.

People will complain about ANYTHING.

Reactions: Morgs

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I wish I know what you guys are all making fun of, but I've blocked about half this board :laugh:
Use to do the same but when they changed it so you can't see the thread I had to clear it out or miss out on GDT's, etc.
Stupid feature.

Reactions: Morgs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad