Post-Game Talk: Hockey is back - Leafs Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Pretty solid overall. Sloppy at times but it was an exhibition game. Great to see a pair of short handed goals and some solid chemistry with Kapanen and Kerfoot. More importantly though, what was with the straps on Holl’s helmet? He looked like a spaceman.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nice routine win. Not a ton of momentum without the crowd. I can see this deadened atmosphere working well against some of the bigger defensive and grinding teams.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Big boys quiet overall. Depth players were good. Andersen was good.

I just dont feel excited.....it doesnt feel right without fans in the stands. No excitement. No hype. Just weird.

I personally would rather we win The cup when things go back to normal. Especially since we have waited for so many years. When we win it needs to be glorious. Not drowned out in covid talk and no celebration or parade.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Overall.. Good.

Liked what I saw from the guys that matter. Didn't like what I saw from the scrubs as usual.

If they can play like that and tighten up the defensive rush coverage I think we'll be fine.

Best player for me was Rielly. Best forward was Tavares.

I don't feel we miss Johnsson much. Robertson should stay in the lineup imo; didn't look out of place at all.

Always good to start with a win.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Decent performance for first game.

Andersen was really solid and thats great to see.

Robertson - Kerfoot - Kapanen was our best line.

Tavares line was good, mostly him and Mikheyev.

Matthews line was pretty invisible and many shifts he and Nylander were floating.

Robertson had a strong game. His speed and tenacity was on full display. He won a handfull of board battles also and was instrumental on Kerfoots 2nd goal. I think he should start in game one against CLB and we should reaccess after.

Marincin was awful.

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Feels good man.

Nice to get the win. No injuries is a huge plus. Andersen looked good, the Top9 looked really good. I'd keep Robertson over GOAT, and Sandin over Marincin.

Happy to finally see some hockey.

Robertson was buzzing a bit early and unleashed a nice wrister but received pretty limited ice time.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Rusty at times, but fans should be pretty happy with this.

Even with folks harping on the Matthews-Nylander line - they could.have easily had 2-3 goals. So didnt see much to worry about.

Most importantly Andersen looked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad