Post-Game Talk: Hockey is back - Leafs Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Reminding us that we need an escape took some pleasure out of the escape.

I can see how people would think that. My take is that it was good to acknowledge what has gone on around the world before getting back in to this whole hockey thing.

Reactions: ACC1224

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Curious on what the thoughts were on the opening montage to COVID?

For myself, it just really brought us down when we were enjoying what seemed like a normal night for a change.

I guess we're so sick of hearing this stuff that it would have been nice had they just focused on hockey.

That was my comment in the GDT last night.

I was looking forward to sitting back and watching a hockey game like I "used to" only to have a 5 minute reminder that I was, in fact, not doing that at all.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Well, if that is true, I wish someone infected with Covid-19 would cough and spit all over his equipment before their next practice or game!

Maybe the entire Habs team's equipment should be peed on too!

I'm sorry, but I'm furious about the Habs using OUR LEAFS dressing room.!!!.
The intent was to negate any 'home team' advantage for Toronto or Edmonton by having the designated home team for each game use that room.

Having said that, Montreal would probably have been happier in the visitor's room, as that's what they are used to when playing here.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'm angry right now! WTF were the stinking Habs doing using OUR LEAFS DRESSING ROOM for last night's exhibition game.!!!.

That dressing room should be for the exclusive use of our Leafs.!!!. If this was an NHL mandated occurrance, I just lost some more respect for the League.

They could be the 'home' team without subplanting our Leafs from their sanctuary.

I'm OUTRAGED.!!!.

Bruins will be using the Leafs room too, apparently.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It was literally an exhibition game and they were our two best and most consistent players all season. I get nobody's lost their mind yet, but of course the pitch forks came out at them (as usual) and we heard "lazy, floating, invisible, soft", etc. If they struggle in game 1, then lets talk.

In reality the only players that I was actually somewhat evaluating (as much as you can get from an exhibition after 4+ months off from real games) were Rielly, Fred, and Robby. Rielly because I wanted to see if he was finally healthy-he was flying, Fred to see if he's ready to get lit up by a much worse team-that was the exact performance we need, and Robby to see if he was out of place-he wasn't. All three passed with flying colours and we won against a far inferior team. Just take the W.
Yeah I'm not going to over analyze their performance in an exhibition game. It's why I said they are the kinds of players who will take it easy in a meaningless game. They will likely be a lot more engaged starting Sunday. Nothing to talk about really.

Reactions: Morgs

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
So having a long beard means you lolk like a bum? The standards some people have are unbelievable.

No, having a long beard like this makes you look like a bum:

aeso54bt1gd51.jpg

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
if robertson plays game one he would be the first 18 year old to play for the leafs in the playoffs since teeder kennedy in 1944. thats crazy to think about.

and yes, its a play in not playoffs but still..thats impressive.

Yes it is very impressive. And if we win the series against the Jackets then he will still be 18 to start the actual play-off series.

To confirm, I checked when he turns 19, it's on September 11.

Side note: I always thought 9-11 is a crummy birthday to have. It's a foul day.
But Robertson is not just born on A September 11. He was born on THE September 11, 2001. yikes.

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
Late to the party.

Kerfoot looked great. Robertson has a good motor. Mo looks healthy. Barrie still awful at handling the puck in the D zone. AM trying one too many move but smooth as ever.

Anderson: solid.

Lets go boys.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Yes it is very impressive. And if we win the series against the Jackets then he will still be 18 to start the actual play-off series.

But Robertson is not just born on A September 11. He was born on THE September 11, 2001. yikes.
8 weeks premature too.

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I'm angry right now! WTF were the stinking Habs doing using OUR LEAFS DRESSING ROOM for last night's exhibition game.!!!.

That dressing room should be for the exclusive use of our Leafs.!!!. If this was an NHL mandated occurrance, I just lost some more respect for the League.

They could be the 'home' team without subplanting our Leafs from their sanctuary.

I'm OUTRAGED.!!!.

Pretty sure it was a coaching decision to use the away room yesterday so the guys can get used to it. They'll have to do the same for any "away" games going forward.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017

And isn't he American? If yes, double YIKES!! If he was born in New York, DC or Shanksville PA, then triple YIKES!!!

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

The play in is officially considered the playoffs.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
reality vs his mental image

grey-beard-4.jpg

The latter is too manicured. You need a team of stylists to work on that thing daily. Not worth it.

Friedman's got a natural man's beard going, you have to respect it.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Sorry if this has been asked before - any reason why the Leafs goal horn was wrong, last night?

they were also the away team in their own arena using the visiting dressing room. Each “home “ team gets their own arenas goal horn during all of this, so it was Montreal’s last night

Reactions: qqaz

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked before - any reason why the Leafs goal horn was wrong, last night?

The Leafs were the "visitors" last night, they used the visitors locker room and the Habs used the Leafs usual one. So goal horn was generic I believe.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Engvall was missing in action.
I thought that Clifford had a strong game and so did the third line in general.
Reilly was good in the other zone but very weak in his own zone.
Can't really expect much though as it felt like an exhibition game and most players just want to get the playoffs started uninjured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->