GDT: Hockey Day in Canada against the Canucks but we play at 8PM

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
Canucks fan here in peace. Just wanted to say we didn't deserve a single point in this game, Markstrom committed robbery. Flames badly outplayed us most of the night.
Thank you coming in and stating the f***ing obvious. Just here in peace though

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Rittich's slump isn't coming at a great time, but I think most of us are so scarred by our post-Kipper goaltending that the first sign of trouble has us on edge.

Tampa probably will beat the piss out of us since they have an insane home record but things will get back on track soon enough

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
lots of shots on net =/= equal playing well. it just means shooting a lot more. they definitely played better than us this game. markstrom was a wall as well which didn't help
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but I don't even think Canucks fans thought they were the better team.

Reactions: Janks

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Didn’t see this one. What the heck guys, almost 50 shots and we still lost? Picked a heck of a time to start slumping

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Canucks fan here in peace. Just wanted to say we didn't deserve a single point in this game, Markstrom committed robbery. Flames badly outplayed us most of the night.
Ignore the angry child. We shall trade, my friend, come, come with me.

Bask in the glory of this wonderful silk sheet and the beautiful goalie, Mr. Smith under said sheet... Now, I place your less tall and virgin-esk child-like goalie Markstrom, a simple sheep herder, under the sheet as well. Now quick look to your left! Now look back! Markstrom is gone, yes? Good trade as it was done by magic! You are happy. Good.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Ignore the angry child. We shall trade, my friend, come, come with me.

Bask in the glory of this wonderful silk sheet and the beautiful goalie, Mr. Smith under said sheet... Now, I place your less tall and virgin-esk child-like goalie Markstrom, a simple sheep herder, under the sheet as well. Now quick look to your left! Now look back! Markstrom is gone, yes? Good trade as it was done by magic! You are happy. Good.

Haha, only if you give us Gaudreau, or Monahan, or Lindholm, or Giordano, or Tkachuk, or Hanifin, or Hamonic....goddamn that's a deep ass roster. I don't feel like typing anymore names out :P

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Haha, only if you give us Gaudreau, or Monahan, or Lindholm, or Giordano, or Tkachuk, or Hanifin, or Hamonic....goddamn that's a deep ass roster. I don't feel like typing anymore names out :P
Unfortunately, my friend, I can not offer these poor men over currently as they are working in the poppy fields. Instead I give you this tea, please drink... It is most safe.

OoOoh, YoU loOk HandSomE anD ExtRa SmaRt. I pReSenT YoU witH ThE GreAt ReAl DeaL!!!! ThIs SpeCial mAn, jAMes nEAL. BeHoLd hIS PriStInE SmiLe. YoU Take ANd eNjOy! YEs? HaVe MoRe Tea.

Reactions: Mitts and TruKnyte

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Kipper was a miserable shootout goalie.
And we’ve always stunk.

I hate that drill. Give us 5 4V4, then 5 3v3; I guarantee that most games will be resolved before then. 3 on 3 is fun, shootout is garbage.

Just keep going down every 5 minutes. Make it 2v2 for 5, than 1v1 and play until it ends but you can't use the same player twice.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
This game should be used a learning experience.

The PP was horrible: I think teams know that of they shut down the 1st unit, than the 2nd won't be hard to shut. We need a top 6 forward to play on that second line and to help out on the 2nd PP unit. This also helps with the secondary scoring.

We need another goaltender, that can play and take a load off Rittch. I think Rittch is part of the team going forward but Smith might not be. Goaltending is something that scares me but I have faith in Rittch, getting another good goaltender will really help.

Getting a tough bottom 6 forward, we need some toughness in the bottom 6.

This was just a tough game, move onto the next one.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This game should be used a learning experience.

The PP was horrible: I think teams know that of they shut down the 1st unit, than the 2nd won't be hard to shut. We need a top 6 forward to play on that second line and to help out on the 2nd PP unit. This also helps with the secondary scoring.

We need another goaltender, that can play and take a load off Rittch. I think Rittch is part of the team going forward but Smith might not be. Goaltending is something that scares me but I have faith in Rittch, getting another good goaltender will really help.

Getting a tough bottom 6 forward, we need some toughness in the bottom 6.

This was just a tough game, move onto the next one.

Honestly, the PP was far from horrible. Lots of zone time, smart puck movement, and good execution of the plays they wanted to try. The puck just hit padding at every opportunity. That's the way it's been going the last two games. It won't continue, or at least it shouldn't.

The one thing that the Flames' PP is lacking compared to the Canucks' is that one-timer option. It was interesting seeing the contrasting approaches tonight with the Canucks' PP designed around Boeser's one-timer, especially given neither approach worked.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Awwee, the rubbing it in guy got got!

giphy.gif

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
trade goaltenders but give us Dube + 2nd round pick?

flames friend told me to ask this ^^

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
trade goaltenders but give us Dube + 2nd round pick?

flames friend told me to ask this ^^
We don't have a 2nd until 2020, but I would not pay that price. Change Dube to Mangiapane and make the pick conditional on playoff success (2nd if we reach WCF in either 2019 or 2020, 3rd otherwise) and I'd do it.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Just watching the highlights this morning. Looks like we were all over them for much of the game. What's up with Rittich? That Leivo goal was uncharacteristic for him. I'm sure he'll work through whatever he's dealing with though. Likewise with the rest of the team - they can't continue playing like this and not start picking up wins again. It's unpossible.

Neal was a... peculiar choice in the shootout, but I can't say I wouldn't have gone to him myself at some point. Flames are hopeless in shootouts so might as well try something other than the usual Monahan/Gaudreau/Tkachuk that never works.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just watching the highlights this morning. Looks like we were all over them for much of the game. What's up with Rittich? That Leivo goal was uncharacteristic for him. I'm sure he'll work through whatever he's dealing with though. Likewise with the rest of the team - they can't continue playing like this and not start picking up wins again. It's unpossible.

Neal was a... peculiar choice in the shootout, but I can't say I wouldn't have gone to him myself at some point. Flames are hopeless in shootouts so might as well try something other than the usual Monahan/Gaudreau/Tkachuk that never works.
Neal isn't that peculiar of a choice if you look at the numbers. Over the last 3 years only 3 current Flames have scored in the shootout; Monahan, Tkachuk, Gaudreau & Neal. Before this game, both Gaudreau & Neal were 1 for 7 and Gaudreau missed on a breakaway earlier in the night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad