Hockey Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Is there a buy/sell thread on this board or is all hockey card talk confined to this thread? I have a ton of cards I would like to sell, but too much crap to list on ebay and I always seem to get screwed on shipping.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
Got any vintage graded rookies?

I got a couple.

p-k-subban.jpg
tyler-seguin-819x1024.jpg
sidney-crosby-819x1024.jpg
phil-kessel-819x1024.jpg
patrik-laine-819x1024.jpg
john-tavares-819x1024.jpg
drew-doughty-819x1024.jpg
connor-mcdavid-819x1024.jpg
auston-matthews-819x1024.jpg
alexander-ovechkin-819x1024.jpg

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Is there a buy/sell thread on this board or is all hockey card talk confined to this thread? I have a ton of cards I would like to sell, but too much crap to list on ebay and I always seem to get screwed on shipping.

You could consider sending them into COMC.com if you don't want to deal with shipping on eBay.

Although, I wouldn't recommend sending in 1 dollar cards if that is the type of card you're talking about. If they are solid mid-end cards in the 5-50 range, and you don't want the hassle of eBay, they are good candidates.

Otherwise, if you google for hockey card forums, they usually have trade sections.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Yes, but they are of my favorite players and as such not for sale. I do have several ungraded McKinnon rookies as well as a super mint Nail Yakupov #'d to 5 lol.
Try Facebook. You'll be able to move a MacKinnon yg there really easily.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
With Eichel getting super hot, do you guys think there is any upside to his Young Guns in the short term? (From now until the end of the playoffs)

He was selling at about 40 bucks. He's already climbing a bit. As far as upside goes, I don't mean "Will he sell at McDavid prices" because that'd be idiotic. But if he gets himself in the Art Ross/Hart conversation, and BUF has a decent run in the playoffs, do you guys see him at 70, 80, 120? Or, staying the same.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
With Eichel getting super hot, do you guys think there is any upside to his Young Guns in the short term? (From now until the end of the playoffs)

He was selling at about 40 bucks. He's already climbing a bit. As far as upside goes, I don't mean "Will he sell at McDavid prices" because that'd be idiotic. But if he gets himself in the Art Ross/Hart conversation, and BUF has a decent run in the playoffs, do you guys see him at 70, 80, 120? Or, staying the same.

If he challenges for the Art Ross or gets deep in the playoffs, I could see Eichel's YG going back up to $80. Unless he actually wins the Cup or Art Ross, don't really see much more than that as he's in a non-Canadian market. You can also buy boxes of 2015/16 S2 for really cheap, as other than Eichel the rookie group is pretty poor.

You're not looking at a huge profit potential there. You'd be much better off finding a guy who's going for $5-10 now, who has the potential to break out.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Could someone explain the UD artifacts rookie redemption to me. I got a wildcard SP2. I entered it into the site, does anyone know when they actually send them out?

UD is very slow with redemptions. I've been waiting a year for one. "We're still waiting for the signed cards to be returned" is what they respond when I ask.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Avoid breaking Black Diamond like the plague. Buy singles on eBay/wherever. For around $200 USD a pack/box, I just got about $40 worth of cards in my break.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
Avoid breaking Black Diamond like the plague. Buy singles on eBay/wherever. For around $200 USD a pack/box, I just got about $40 worth of cards in my break.

I bought Vancouver for $230 on release night in an inner. Only time I joined or bought a 18-19 BD break (well, one other time buying the Rangers in an inner for $35).

Anyways, I was lucky to scored an EP /49 jumbo chest logos auto (that I sold for $420) and a Gretzky game-used relic that I also sold for $70 (bought Rangers for $35). After that, never bought anything 18-19 BD and I was smart to avoid it cause even if you buy the Sabres and hit some rare Dahlin card (not his quad diamond), you'll only break even. Pretty everything would be worth less that what you pay for in a break (if you hit it).

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I need to get my rookie Gretzky cards appraised. Been putting this off, but with the holidays over. It may be time to see what I can fetch for them.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I need to get my rookie Gretzky cards appraised. Been putting this off, but with the holidays over. It may be time to see what I can fetch for them.

You should also post pics of the cards. People will be able to give you a rough idea of weather or not grading is worth it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You should also post pics of the cards. People will be able to give you a rough idea of weather or not grading is worth it.

Quite the variance of prices. I possess 3 o-pee-chee cards. I would say one is not in the greatest condition. Wasn't smart of me to play flip the cards with it. Boys will be boys.

But 2 are very similar to this one. Maybe just a tad lesser quality as I put them in a card album only about 15 years ago when they were previously in a shoe box.

1979 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Wayne Gretzky ROOKIE RC #18 PSA 5 EX (PWCC-PQ) | eBay

Wayne Gretzky Rookie Card | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad