Hockey Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I really wish Upper Deck were smarter with there player selection.

They made a Dion Phaneuf card in series 1 and made a Rempal YG instead of a Sean Walker who's much more deserving.

UD really seems to include a bunch of filler. They also purposely save some players for the update in SPA, which is garbage. Guentzel received a canvas YG, but his regular YG was in the update set.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
So any good pulls from Series 2?

Only bought one box. Nothing special, did get Mittelstadt young gun who I kind of wanted.

One thing is for sure with these young guns, I sure spend time trying to figure out who they are most the time. Matt Luff YG canvas. Know who he is at least now

I bought a case of retail blasters I got on a good deal. Also in a hobby group break for Ottawa, Calgary, and Philadelphia. Will probably buy at least 2 boxes of hobby on E-Pack too. I'll post once I have results.

I just got a 70 card submission from BGS back recently. Some highlights:

S1LPlNHm.jpg

K6F6m60m.jpg

7iM7fnsm.jpg

QnQWGlSm.jpg

mvhyyVnm.jpg

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I bought a case of retail blasters I got on a good deal. Also in a hobby group break for Ottawa, Calgary, and Philadelphia. Will probably buy at least 2 boxes of hobby on E-Pack too. I'll post once I have results.

S1LPlNHm.jpg

K6F6m60m.jpg

7iM7fnsm.jpg

QnQWGlSm.jpg

mvhyyVnm.jpg
I love the UD Canvas Young Guns. They always seem to grade higher then the regular Young Guns. Thinking it has something to do with the texture of the card. They dont seem to scratch or mark up near as easily

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I love the UD Canvas Young Guns. They always seem to grade higher then the regular Young Guns. Thinking it has something to do with the texture of the card. They dont seem to scratch or mark up near as easily

They definitely grade much easier than regular YGs. I find about half the ones I send in come back a 10.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
They definitely grade much easier than regular YGs. I find about half the ones I send in come back a 10.
I have heard that some collectors dont consider them to be ‘true’ rookie cards though. Is that something you have heard? Seeing as they are much harder to get, I would think the should have more value then they do as well

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I have heard that some collectors dont consider them to be ‘true’ rookie cards though. Is that something you have heard? Seeing as they are much harder to get, I would think the should have more value then they do as well

They are not true rookie cards. True rookie cards cannot be in a parallel/subset. They do typically have more value than the regular YGs. The BGS 10 canvas, don't have as much value as a BGS 10 regular YG, as it's much harder to get the 10 grade with regular YGs.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
9842ADFB-9969-4F42-B898-AE0EA3036B58.jpeg
They are not true rookie cards. True rookie cards cannot be in a parallel/subset. They do typically have more value than the regular YGs. The BGS 10 canvas, don't have as much value as a BGS 10 regular YG, as it's much harder to get the 10 grade with regular YGs.
Ok thanks for the info! I just got back in to the hobbie with my son, and am loving it! Ot all started when I picked up that haul on the local classified ads for $250

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Other than eBay, that currently has none of the cards that I am looking for, where else can I look to buy the missing Michael Stone namesakes cards that I don’t have?

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Random question:
If selling individual cards on eBay what would you guys put in for a shipping cost? I have a lot of stuff, nothing great but a lot of cards that go for like $20-100 on eBay that are just sitting in a closet from when I used to collect a couple years ago, would rather just unload them at this point, won't be getting rich but they'll have more value to someone else.
Shipping from Canada.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Random question:
If selling individual cards on eBay what would you guys put in for a shipping cost? I have a lot of stuff, nothing great but a lot of cards that go for like $20-100 on eBay that are just sitting in a closet from when I used to collect a couple years ago, would rather just unload them at this point, won't be getting rich but they'll have more value to someone else.
Shipping from Canada.

I haven't sold cards online for years now, but when I did I would ship for $3.00 domestically, $4.00 to the US, or $12 overseas, plus on cards that I expected to go over 50, I would put in mandatory tracking, based on the price of tracked shipping at the local post office. Seemed to work well for me.

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Purchased 2 retail boxes of UDS2 and received a nice number of Young Guns and Marquee Rookies in both. Better value than the hobby box for rookies. Pulled the Hart YG and Pettersson Marquee Rookie.

I'm headed to Montreal in a few days. Any good card stores downtown or accessible via public transport? I've asked twice in the Habs forum with no replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Anyone collect unopened stuff from OPC?

Not sure if it’s all that popular on here. Don’t see a thread for unopened hockey wax.

2BAB0F1C-94FB-4005-8473-192937056241.jpeg

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008

S1LPlNHm.jpg

K6F6m60m.jpg

7iM7fnsm.jpg

QnQWGlSm.jpg

mvhyyVnm.jpg
How does that work with BGS? Do you send them in and pay per card for grading? Do they seal them up afterwards?

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
How does that work with BGS? Do you send them in and pay per card for grading? Do they seal them up afterwards?
You pay per card. You have to send them to their facility in the USA. They put the cards into plastic sealed slabs. The slabs protect the cards and look good for display too.

If you Google "bgs grading" you'll see what they look like.

Reactions: Gunnersaurus Rex

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
I have Gretzkys rookie year to Joe Sakic’s rookie year for sale plus a lot more.

Where is the best place to sell them?

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
So just wondering. Did anyone even bother buying Synergy this year? WTF was UD thinking? If it bombed badly before, let's bring it back. It's like the famous Einstein quote "Doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results".

Anyway, I got tricked by them last year for this crappy product (that seems to be made for kids, but priced for adults) and didn't bother with it this year. They improved the odds of getting an auto for this year. Instead of 1 auto in 5 boxes, it's now 1 auto in 3 boxes. The fact that it's not even a guaranteed auto per box for its price point kills this product (not that the crappy looking cards didn't kill it already).

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I have Gretzkys rookie year to Joe Sakic’s rookie year for sale plus a lot more.

Where is the best place to sell them?

Facebook. There's a group called "hockey card/buy/sell/trade. I've found that it's better to deal with the people on Facebook than Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad