Hockey Cards - Part III

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Got to be one of his highest cards sold so far, no?
Yup, here's the top sales on ebay

Screenshot_20210327-095725_eBay.jpg

Reactions: kaiser matias

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I pulled a Lafreniere Silver Parallel rookie Parkhurst. It's not the Upper-Deck Young Guns but I wonder what's its value?

Attachments

• 20210320_141532.jpg
    20210320_141532.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 13

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone here use the upper deck e-pack site? I opened up a 19-20 UD S1 box on there. Got a Kubalik YG and some other solid YGs.

I've just gotten into it recently. Pulled a Lafreniere yg last week which has been my biggest pull so far. Have opened like 3 boxes though and struck out on the first 2 but then got that one

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I've just gotten into it recently. Pulled a Lafreniere yg last week which has been my biggest pull so far. Have opened like 3 boxes though and struck out on the first 2 but then got that one
The Laf YG is sick.

I think Vilardi is going to be sick over the next couple of years, I’m trying to get more of his YG.

I wonder if you’d be able to ship a card from the site directly to Beckett. Would save some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorschach

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Opened probably like 5 boxes and never pulled a Laf or Byram. Ended up just buying a Byram for $20, could've bought like 3 Lafs with the money spent on boxes.

Think I am pretty much out on opening S1 and S2, kinda boring to me. I find stuff like SP Authentic and Clear Cut a lot cooler.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
It seems like the hockey card business is booming just.like the early 90's where i spent all my hard working money as teenager on hockey cards lol
Pretty much. I’ve been blowing through money on these damn things left and right. The wife finally stepped in and put me on a budget.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Been following CloutsnChara a lot lately but don't want to dive too deep and splurge on breaks too much.

I've done three so far, and netted either a signed card or jersey patch......it's getting mailed to me, I did one of their chancers earlier and ended up with a consolation prize I guess. :laugh:

Those guys are nuts, though, they've done 14,000 vids of box breaks and some of the entry fees are over $1,000 :amazed:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Still waiting for my series 2. Purchased all retail this time (30 tins and 13 blasters). Definitely getting FOMO watching all these breaks and not being in on the action. That being said I'm seeing a lot of boxes being opened with no actual hobby hits and YG Exclusives/High Gloss seem to be very far and few between. So I'm glad I didn't spend the extra cash for hobby. I will probably by 3-4 E-Pack Hobby Boxes though. Hopefully, UD doesn't jack up the price again.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Pretty much. I’ve been blowing through money on these damn things left and right. The wife finally stepped in and put me on a budget.

Lol. Not sure if you watch Corner Gas but you just reminded me of an episode where everyone is putting the gears to Oscar over being on an allowance. He's all offended and says:

"I'm NOT on an allowance! Emma gives me a set amount of money every week.......Holy hell! I'm on an allowance!!!"
Lol

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Lol. Not sure if you watch Corner Gas but you just reminded me of an episode where everyone is putting the gears to Oscar over being on an allowance. He's all offended and says:

"I'm NOT on an allowance! Emma gives me a set amount of money every week.......Holy hell! I'm on an allowance!!!"
Lol
Lmao. Haven’t seen that episode yet but rings true

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I have two binders of cards from the late 80's and early 90's. I just want to sell them.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I have two binders of cards from the late 80's and early 90's. I just want to sell them.

Unfortunately most cards from that era are not worth much. Depends on what you mean by "late 80s" though too. If you mean 89/90, there's not much of value in there. As far as early 90s, the OPC premier are starting to gain value, but not much else.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
The Laf YG is sick.

I think Vilardi is going to be sick over the next couple of years, I’m trying to get more of his YG.

I wonder if you’d be able to ship a card from the site directly to Beckett. Would save some time.

I picked up a lot of 22 off of Ebay last month.

I hope you guys do well. I'm very excited for Vilardi as a Kings AND a Spits fan.
I would LOVE to see a reverse trend on Kings RCs.

In the past I have heavily invested into Kings prospects (like five digits worth) and I can tell you that YGs for Kings players and SPA FW /999 have all performed very poorly in contrast to other equivalent players. For example, compare Karlsson's YG 09-10 vs. Doughty's YG 08-09, despite Doughty being the Canadian player. This is because LA's fanbase is much smaller, especially in terms of hockey card collecting.

When LA won the Cup/s, Upper Deck skipped doing the Stanley Cup commemorative set for LA, both years, despite doing them for Boston and Chicago. They cited lack of demand/interest. Also, you look at Anze Kopitar RCs, a two time Cup champ, top 3 center in the league behind guys like Crosby only, leading playoff scorer twice. His YG is worth like $40 bucks raw. Look at John Tavares, someone equal to lesser than Kopitar and he goes for around double what Kopitar goes for.

What does perform well for LA are the 1/1s. There are some hardcore LA collectors and for the super-rare key cards, we will pay for those.

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
If you are interested I have a 1997-98 Pinnacle Beehive Signature Willie O'Ree #75 Auto that I am looking to sell or trade.

Sorry, that's completely out of the window of what I'm looking for.

The range of what I'm looking for is collections of:
RCs - Hull, Shanahan, Sakic, Leetch, Jagr, Belfour, Roenick, Modano, Bure, Fedorov, Brodeur, Niedermayer, Forsberg, Joseph, Lidstrom, Hasek, etc. (And many other players, also for the major players whose RCs were draft picks or CC or WJC, I'm interested in their 2nd cards too)
Sets - All Pro Set brands, UD, the various Topps brands like OPC, Bowman, etc., Score/Pinnacle, OPC Premier, etc. (English and French)
Years - 1988-1993
Also interested in various inserts and certain oddball cards from those same sets.

I'm also interested in any Pinnacle Dufex cards, especially Nifty Fifty and Masks. But I'm willing to buy entire collections, including bulk commons along with the good cards, assuming the collections were reasonably cared for.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Sorry, that's completely out of the window of what I'm looking for.

The range of what I'm looking for is collections of:
RCs - Hull, Shanahan, Sakic, Leetch, Jagr, Belfour, Roenick, Modano, Bure, Fedorov, Brodeur, Niedermayer, Forsberg, Joseph, Lidstrom, Hasek, etc. (And many other players, also for the major players whose RCs were draft picks or CC or WJC, I'm interested in their 2nd cards too)
Sets - All Pro Set brands, UD, the various Topps brands like OPC, Bowman, etc., Score/Pinnacle, OPC Premier, etc. (English and French)
Years - 1988-1993
Also interested in various inserts and certain oddball cards from those same sets.

I'm also interested in any Pinnacle Dufex cards, especially Nifty Fifty and Masks. But I'm willing to buy entire collections, including bulk commons along with the good cards, assuming the collections were reasonably cared for.

I think I have like 20 Bure sitting in a box.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Sold some stuff on eBay last week for the first time in a few months, and not pleased that they changed the way payments are processed. Not liking that they are holding my money for several days before releasing it. It's even more annoying that they are alerting me to mail the cards, saying that the money will get to me. Only good thing about it is them finally taking fees out automatically.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I think I have like 20 Bure sitting in a box.

Not bad. For Bure, he has like six cards I'm interested in, in bulk (not just his YG and YG French, I'm interested in paying bulk for any his 91-92 cards as well, that are regular issue. However, on my player "hot list" he's probably around the 15th most interesting player to me.

Reactions: leetch99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad