Hockey Cards - Part III

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
My hit from my box of Dave and Adam's Hit Parade Limited.

20210330_163354.jpg

20210330_163752.jpg

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Someone swept up most of the remaining high-end Adam Fox cards on eBay over the past day or two. He was crazy undervalued up until recently.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Someone swept up most of the remaining high-end Adam Fox cards on eBay over the past day or two. He was crazy undervalued up until recently.
I have his Young Guns card, was planning to get it graded by HGA if I could get lucky and get through the queue. However I imagine that will be even closer to impossible now after PSA's announcement.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Sid has a generational auto.
If you look at it carefully, it is many interlocking 87s. His sig was different until he joined the NHL. Then, after he became an Upper Deck spokesperson, he developed a new signature. In the spirit of Wayne Gretzky, all of the Canadian boy wonder Upper Deck spokespersons have re-designed their signatures to be unique and very nice, just like how Wayne’s sig is so nice.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
ungraded and not desperate lol.

If it’s grade worthy and you’re looking for a bankroll, to invest in more cards, you can sell it... I feel Jeter has a few more years until he cools off. If a guy like Judge or another Yankee leads them to multiple WS wins and has better stats than Jeter, Jeter will be forgotten.

Reactions: Flukeshot

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
If it’s grade worthy and you’re looking for a bankroll, to invest in more cards, you can sell it... I feel Jeter has a few more years until he cools off. If a guy like Judge or another Yankee leads them to multiple WS wins and has better stats than Jeter, Jeter will be forgotten.

I appreciate that. I'm not a collector, or least haven't been since I was a kid. Basically just have my childhood collection and noticed the market is unreal. Loved the SP's when they came out and put any foils immediately into a shell.

Seems worth getting graded.

Reactions: Rorschach

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
My two cents on the market explosion:

Basically cardboard (and comics) are an alternative to Bitcoin virtual e-currencies. Many, many investors who were kids in the 80s and teens/twenties guys in the 90s are looking at the stock market like how the GameStop thing went. And they have lost trust in US$ after a certain 2-term US president ran the presses for years, flooding the market with US$$ like 89-90 OPC hockey. A lot of the big $$ amounts that cards are getting are not just a big increase in demand, it’s straight up more bills in circulation. The funny thing...these little card (and comic) companies have more credibility to not reprint their stuff than the US government does.

Last edited:
Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If you look at it carefully, it is many interlocking 87s. His sig was different until he joined the NHL. Then, after he became an Upper Deck spokesperson, he developed a new signature. In the spirit of Wayne Gretzky, all of the Canadian boy wonder Upper Deck spokespersons have re-designed their signatures to be unique and very nice, just like how Wayne’s sig is so nice.
I also like Selanne's auto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad