OT: Hockey Cards and e-Pack

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I did 4 of them, ended up with:

- Panarin base yellow
- Weber all-stars black
- Oettinger premium prospects yellow
- Norris retro yellow

Ended up moving all these to chase the McDavid/Matthews-Stutzle/Lafreniere achievements though

Those aren't horrible at least.

Got you beat with Kaut tho lol...did it a 2nd time and got Thurkauf lmfao

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
4th time did a bit better and got Vilardi. Definitely worse options that I could've gotten

Gonna try a 5th if I can :) value wise not worth it at all, but I like printing plates and enjoy the thrill lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Satan

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
How much card capital is it taking for you two to acquire these? I have ~5 physical printing plates that I’ve pulled and I love them. Curious to see what people online value them at.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How much card capital is it taking for you two to acquire these? I have ~5 physical printing plates that I’ve pulled and I love them. Curious to see what people online value them at.

Based on what I've seen, they really only go for something significant if they're really big name players or rookies. Even then it's surprising how low they are for those big guys (like a few hundred bucks some times)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Completed the achievement for the 5th and final time, got Romanov. Once again not terrible but not worth it really :laugh: oh well it was fun.

Robertson, McDavid, Kaprizov, MacKinnon, Byram, Norris, etc. All still available in the final 107.

McDavid and Kaprizov are really the only ones that would be worth much at this point though I feel like. I would've loved JRob for the PC but could maybe just trade for him when someone does get him

Last edited:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

When all 4 printing plate achievements were available, it wasn't costing a ton to get the cards required to fill them but on the ePack group people were paying $2USD per achievement related card.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Plates are weird because they don't get a ton of hobby love. Im with @Starry Knight though and I really like them.

I like em too. Unfortunately so much so that I did something pretty dumb....so this is now mine. Not my best trade lol. Got tired of the chase though. This one was the last one from the achievement, the guy who pulled it traded it to me. Prefer his normal jersey one not the all-stars, but ill take what I can get

ec5aa913-a854-44ed-9a09-8641805c51ea.jpg

Reactions: Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I like em too. Unfortunately so much so that I did something pretty dumb....so this is now mine. Not my best trade lol. Got tired of the chase though. This one was the last one from the achievement, the guy who pulled it traded it to me. Prefer his normal jersey one not the all-stars, but ill take what I can get

View attachment 495283

What did you trade? Plz don't drive up the market!! We want steals

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What did you trade? Plz don't drive up the market!! We want steals

Probably 500-600 worth of stuff.

Had to give up so much tho cause, the other guy I was trying to trade with got like a ridiculous $1000 offer and traded his McDavid away while we were trying to work smth out

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Probably 500-600 worth of stuff.

Had to give up so much tho cause, the other guy I was trying to trade with got like a ridiculous $1000 offer and traded his McDavid away while we were trying to work smth out

Was it IceBank?

Some of the less savvy ePack users have been moving them for a lot less

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Was it IceBank?

Some of the less savvy ePack users have been moving them for a lot less

Yeah IceBank had the original one I was after. Ended up trading with a guy who had just pulled it out of the achievement

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
IceBank had some wild offers on his

i'm pissed because i want to keep buying these for peanuts lmao

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
ePack is generally a dumping ground once products initially drop. People overspend on product and are in a mad rush to recoup what they've spent.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Kinda regretting all the Makar for Lafreniere yg offers I turned down right about now :laugh:

Also regret not picking up Makar FWA's for pretty cheap compared to what they're at now. Was always obvious he was gonna take off like this at some point (his goal scoring is wild right now, not sure anyone predicted that to this extent), but didn't know how the market was gonna react to a dman doing this

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Kinda regretting all the Makar for Lafreniere yg offers I turned down right about now :laugh:

Also regret not picking up Makar FWA's for pretty cheap compared to what they're at now. Was always obvious he was gonna take off like this at some point (his goal scoring is wild right now, not sure anyone predicted that to this extent), but didn't know how the market was gonna react to a dman doing this

Lots of factors at play here:

- Defense hockey card market has always been under appreciated/valued.
- Hockey cards as a whole are on the up
- Cale Makar is shooting 20% (lmao)

Just for fun, 5 Norris trophy favorites, the price of their last sold yg, and their points per game:
  1. Cale Makar $265, 1.17 ppg
  2. Adam Fox $61, 0.97 ppg
  3. Victor Hedman $50, 1.00 ppg
  4. Aaron Ekblad $35, 0.91 ppg
  5. Roman Josi $37, 1.06 ppg

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00