OT: Hockey Cards and e-Pack

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'm glad I listed all my physical Team Canada cards on eBay so they end on Sunday... The prices are about to plummet

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So greedy!

Insanely greedy. Intentionally jacking up the prices because they know it's easier to get addicted to epack than to physical packs. Sad thing is, it'll still sell extremely well. They could put the box up at $500 and people would still buy it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Insanely greedy. Intentionally jacking up the prices because they know it's easier to get addicted to epack than to physical packs. Sad thing is, it'll still sell extremely well. They could put the box up at $500 and people would still buy it.

Oh ya 100%

It's bananalands that a box of this is more than Metal.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Oh ya 100%

It's bananalands that a box of this is more than Metal.

Just had a friend split the price of a box with me cause I was really looking forward to this product dropping on here:laugh:. If it was a $150 box or whatever the original cost was, it actually would've been decent, but for $300 it's Bedard or bust. Man, such a shame too cause it's a fun product to open. So many "hits". Had like 4 or 5 red lights it seemed.

We got:
2 Bedard digital base
Bedard prospectus momentous
1 Wright digital base
Wright POE Exclusives
Wright POE normal
Brandt Clarke premium patch auto /199
Emily Clark premium patch auto /199
Wyatt Johnston prospectus red /275
Suzuki exclusives
Brandt Clarke exclusives
Nolan Allen (who?) exclusives
Stankoven jersey
Rebecca Johnston jersey
Some other random inserts for players I don't really know.

I mean if this box was half it's price I'd probably open a few more. And that's certainly not a great box but it's decent I suppose (thanks to the Bedard prospectus & Wright exclusives, although Brandt Clarke is good but cheap) , decent enough that id wanna keep going if they were cheaper.

Reactions: Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Just had a friend split the price of a box with me cause I was really looking forward to this product dropping on here:laugh:. If it was a $150 box or whatever the original cost was, it actually would've been decent, but for $300 it's Bedard or bust. Man, such a shame too cause it's a fun product to open. So many "hits". Had like 4 or 5 red lights it seemed.

We got:
2 Bedard digital base
Bedard prospectus momentous
1 Wright digital base
Wright POE Exclusives
Wright POE normal
Brandt Clarke premium patch auto /199
Emily Clark premium patch auto /199
Wyatt Johnston prospecus red /275
Suzuki exclusives
Brandt Clarke exclusives
Nolan Allen (who?) exclusives
Stankoven jersey
Rebecca Johnston jersey
Some other random inserts for players I don't really know.

I mean if this box was half it's price I'd probably open a few more. And that's certainly not a great box but it's decent I suppose (thanks to the Bedard prospectus & Wright exclusives, although Brandt Clarke is good but cheap) , decent enough that id wanna keep going if they were cheaper.

You got decent value out of it- it's too bad the base are digital. Bedard sells for $20 alone

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
i've been spending my team canada money on singles instead, so far i've picked these up on comc

crosby's are both mirror gold /25
Sidney-Crosby.jpg
Sidney-Crosby.jpg

another printing plate, this one cost $60
Wayne-Gretzky.jpg

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
i've been spending my team canada money on singles instead, so far i've picked these up on comc

crosby's are both mirror gold /25
Sidney-Crosby.jpg
Sidney-Crosby.jpg

another printing plate, this one cost $60
Wayne-Gretzky.jpg

I can't imagine getting a Gretzky printing plate and just casually listing it for sale for $60 lmao. Someone must've been desperate to get rid of it

Sweet cards

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I can't imagine getting a Gretzky printing plate and just casually listing it for sale for $60 lmao. Someone must've been desperate to get rid of it

Sweet cards

Yeah, usually people overprice stuff like this and it sits and sits until the right buyer comes along. My brother actually casually mentioned that he saw it on comc when we were talking about the Team Canada plates achievement and I was like what the hell hahaha

Printing plates are a weird/divisive thing in cards. A lot of old school collectors think they shouldn't be worth much and my brother is on that side of the coin.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Remember that Ovi 1/1 time capsule I pulled? Well, I sold it a while back but today I saw someone posted a video of them opening the Crosby 1/1....inside was a $25 auto for Owen Nolan lmaoo that's so stupid

So happy I listened to everyone who I asked about it and didn't open it lol.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Was looking back through some of my old trades, I still to this day cannot believe someone actually traded me this much for that JRob /5. Then I went and bought the JRob 1/1 synergy auto for less than the McDavid would cost alone (perhaps even less than half of the McDavid alone nowadays) a little while later. I genuinely think this is the trade that got me addicted to epack :laugh:

What are some of the craziest trades yall have made?
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Johno and Satan

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Was looking back through some of my old trades, I still to this day cannot believe someone actually traded me this much for that JRob /5. Then I went and bought the JRob 1/1 synergy auto for less than the McDavid would cost alone (perhaps even less than half of the McDavid alone nowadays) a little while later. I genuinely think this is the trade that got me addicted to epack :laugh:

What are some of the craziest trades yall have made?
View attachment 503840

That Fox patch is sweet!

Not much going on with the ePack side yet. Only just now getting my feet wet there :laugh:
On the better side, was able to turn a Hofer french YG into Hintz YG and Heiskanen SPx Superscripts. For whatever reason Hofer had crazy value before this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Satan and Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
this was prob my favorite trade

View attachment 504030

I'd be nervous even declining that trade :laugh:

Lmaooo man people make some questionable trade decisions

I mean I can't really talk cause I do too when I really want a card but still. Were those before JRob was known I assume? Those are like trades I make with no name ygs when trying to complete achievements

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'd be nervous even declining that trade :laugh:

Lmaooo man people make some questionable trade decisions

I mean I can't really talk cause I do too when I really want a card but still. Were those before JRob was known I assume?

lmao I accepted that trade (after I received a paypal payment)

The JRob screenshots were from release day. I have a lot more I could share, but he was considered a common. ePack released on Jan 28 and JRob didn't heat up until March.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The #1 best part about ePack is how easy it is to trade common ygs for other common ygs you think have upside. It's actually foolish, especially right after a product releases. I've been doing it since 2016- just hoarding 5-10 guys I believe in on each release.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
The #1 best part about ePack is how easy it is to trade common ygs for other common ygs you think have upside. It's actually foolish, especially right after a product releases. I've been doing it since 2016- just hoarding 5-10 guys I believe in on each release.

Yeah, it feels so easy that I fear it will become too addictive that have to put some limits on the credit cards :laugh:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yeah, it feels so easy that I fear it will become too addictive that have to put some limits on the credit cards :laugh:

Ya rule #1 is dont save ur CC info on the website.

I usually open 3/4 boxes per UDS1/2 release and it gives me plenty of trading ammunition.

Reactions: Johno

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

It's extremely addicting :laugh:

I think I'm gonna try and get away from it and go back to physical boxes though. Maybe half and half, but physical is wayyy less addicting.

Ya rule #1 is dont save ur CC info on the website.

I usually open 3/4 boxes per UDS1/2 release and it gives me plenty of trading ammunition.

Extremely good advice. As soon as I removed my CC info from there I found myself buying a wholeee lot less. Super easy to get carried away if it's saved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad