OT: Hockey Cards and e-Pack

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I know we've been sharing our hockey card collection and e-pack pulls/trades recently in some of the GDTs, so I thought it might be a good idea to just create a thread for it (even if it is short-lived).

This was an offer I just got (and accepted as soon as I saw it). A single Robertson YG alone is going for more than those 3 combined right now, so it was a no-brainer.

trade.PNG

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Sooo does anyone know how to fix the terms and conditions glitch? Doesn't let me accept it only let's me decline or print it. Can't do anything until it's gone

I've tried multiple browsers etc

Spotty 2 Hotty

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Sooo does anyone know how to fix the terms and conditions glitch? Doesn't let me accept it only let's me decline or print it. Can't do anything until it's gone

I've tried multiple browsers etc

Clear your browser cache. Worked for me.

If you don't want to clear the entire browser cache, just go into your cache and delete the data for the epack site only.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I collected cards in the 90's and then about 10 years ago I just happened to be next door to a card store so I went in and bought some packs for the hell of it.

After you guys were talking about cards the other day I went and pulled out a couple shoe boxes full of hockey cards under the bed. Some were in perfect shape and some not so good. I guess cards lose value over time or they just printed so many back in the day that they aren't rare. I ended up looking up some cards and even cards that I thought were rare at the time weren't worth a damn thing. Just regular cards of great players were worth almost nothing. I was looking up stacks of basic Gretzky, Hasek, Roy, Messier, Lemieux, Jagr, Bure, or whoever and they're all on Ebay for like a $1. I looked up some cards that I thought were rare at the time and I guess the value they once had is gone.

I had this Jagr card in a big plastic case so I guess at the time I thought it was worth something but it goes for like $7 on Ebay now haha. Now when my wife tells me to throw that junk out I can't say they're worth a lot of money anymore.
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Spotty 2 Hotty

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I collected cards in the 90's and then about 10 years ago I just happened to be next door to a card store so I went in and bought some packs for the hell of it.

After you guys were talking about cards the other day I went and pulled out a couple shoe boxes full of hockey cards under the bed. Some were in perfect shape and some not so good. I guess cards lose value over time or they just printed so many back in the day that they aren't rare. I ended up looking up some cards and even cards that I thought were rare at the time weren't worth a damn thing. Just regular cards of great players were worth almost nothing. I was looking up stacks of basic Gretzky, Hasek, Roy, Messier, Lemieux, Jagr, Bure, or whoever and they're all on Ebay for like a $1. I looked up some cards that I thought were rare at the time and I guess the value they once had is gone.

I had this Jagr card in a big plastic case so I guess at the time I thought it was worth something but it goes for like $7 on Ebay now haha. Now when my wife tells me to throw that junk out I can't say they're worth a lot of money anymore.
s-l1600.jpg

Reminds me of how I found the cards I got as a kid at my first Stars game after my family moved to Dallas (January 97). They were the 96-97 Fleer Ultra set of Dallas Stars players, including Langenbrunner's rookie card. I thought for sure they'd be worth something, but they're worth probably about as much as I got them for back then, lol.

ePack is the GOAT

Especially for someone like me who doesn't live somewhere I can easily trade cards with someone.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
This almost seems like a venture into NFT's of sorts.

Kinda, but with these you can actually have the physical cards sent to you, whereas NFT (to my knowledge) isn't always representative of a physical product.

The only cards that are purely digital are the "purple" free cards you can get from the Free Daily Pack.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
So you buy epacks, open the pack and get electronic cards that you can either trade or get sent to you?

What if you trade can you then redeem them to be sent?

I traded cards online through forums around 2006-2010 but haven't since then.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So you buy epacks, open the pack and get electronic cards that you can either trade or get sent to you?

What if you trade can you then redeem them to be sent?

I traded cards online through forums around 2006-2010 but haven't since then.

Like if you acquire cards from someone else can you then have the cards you acquired sent to you? Yes if that's what you're asking

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just traded my Lafreniere yg for:

Quinn Hughes yg
Adam Fox yg
McMichael yg
Glass yg
Kurashev yg
Harley yg
Beaudin yg
Laf/Krav checklist yg
Hughes brothers checklist yg
Krebs yg
Liljegren french yg
Liljegren canvas yg

How did I do? I calculated it and it seemed fair (I plan on trading Q. Hughes and Adam Fox pretty quickly as well, Fox's value is climbing). Laf's value is dropping atm and I'm predicting he's gonna end up right around $70-80 by the summer, but I plan on acquiring another one of his ygs for hopefully less than what this person paid

Update: someone offered me a Laf yg for Hughes and Fox lol

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Sooo is a Ty Dellandrea rainbow yg for an Adam Fox yg a fair deal? Someone offered me their Dellandrea for my Fox...problem is Fox's value is rising fast...probably will end up around Quinn Hughes' value

Only 8 away from a rainbow Ty myself

Spotty 2 Hotty

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Sooo is a Ty Dellandrea rainbow yg for an Adam Fox yg a fair deal? Someone offered me their Dellandrea for my Fox...problem is Fox's value is rising fast...probably will end up around Quinn Hughes' value

Only 8 away from a rainbow Ty myself

COMC (what most folks will go off of unless ebay has recently sold at a more favorable value) has the speckled Dellandrea for sale for $46 while the regular Fox YG is at $42. I wouldn't do it, tbh, but the current "value" based on the available item on COMC seems to match up.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
COMC (what most folks will go off of unless ebay has recently sold at a more favorable value) has the speckled Dellandrea for sale for $46 while the regular Fox YG is at $42. I wouldn't do it, tbh, but the current "value" based on the available item on COMC seems to match up.

Yeah I didn't do it, just traded an Alexander True french yg for a few dellandreas and a Harley so I'm very close to being able to get a rainbow one anyways

I decided not to do it mainly cause looking at what rainbow foil ygs go for on ebay, it's like maybe $30-40 max for a 3rd line type player or lower lol. I looked at Roope Hintz ones too for like 60-80 I think that recently sold and Dellandrea will never be near the player Hintz is right now I don't think

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nice. I've only managed to snag the Kiviranta as far as the French YGs are concerned.

I was lucky enough to find a guy who was willing to deal Dellandrea, Harley, and Robertson french ygs all to me at once. Messaged me after and said he just wanted them to go to someone who would actually appreciate them lol. Part of a bigger deal however

Spotty 2 Hotty

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I was lucky enough to find a guy who was willing to deal Dellandrea, Harley, and Robertson french ygs all to me at once. Messaged me after and said he just wanted them to go to someone who would actually appreciate them lol. Part of a bigger deal however

Damn. Nice. I see you working the trade channel still. No wonder I'm not getting any bites. :P

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Have someone who wants my Laf yg and they have a Robertson silver foil and Harley young gun exclusive.

Straight up is Laf for those 2 a fair deal? I saw a Harley yge sell for $41 on ebay last night, and Robertson's price is climbing fast but could drop quickly soon lol so not sure what to think.

With Robertson's price right now I'm not even sure if they'd take the deal, but I'm just curious what yall think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad