Hockey Arena XIX - Vagrant is the King!

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
I do not foresee this NT term ending well. Thinking about slashing and burning the lineup and starting anew with three lines.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Ok to try to help my frustration I quickly compared the unscouted values of all the teams.

Code:
Team             G      D     O       S      P     EXP       F
Canada	78.0	79.0	59.2	77.0	48.4	129.3	   74.0
USA	        77.0	77.0	55.3	79.9	43.4	110.5	   75.0
Ukraine	80.9	77.0	57.2	74.0	36.5	103.6	   76.0
Ireland	77.0	80.9	53.3	77.0	35.5	112.5	   72.1
Estonia	77.0	80.9	58.2	69.1	35.5	108.6	   72.1
Australia	87.8	73.0	53.3	67.1	43.4	104.6	   71.1

So if these unscouted values are accurate enough to compare the teams with each other... Then we are tied for last for goaltending, tied for 2nd to last in defense, and 4th best for offense. Shooting is the best and passing is tied for second best. Experience is actually third best, and form second best.

I have to admit I am shocked on experience.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
Officially over two billion in player transfer revenues this season. That's a first for me. :naughty:

Spent a good bit on four new players, but I still have about 1.5 billion in cash. I have my top two lines set for like eight seasons. I have some players on the third line that will need replacing, but their sale prices should mostly cover their replacements.

Not the most cash I've had, but probably the best financial position I've been in so far.

steelcable97

Mar 3, 2004
1st week back, and I was shut out in every league game. I think I have a chance to win the game on Monday. I'm matched up against a team without a manager. :yo:

I've spent the week stadium building and purchasing young players for less than 50k.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Grabbed the first true winger for the rebuild: 85/Max-2/?- for $50M. Probably could have gotten him cheaper, but I wanted to throw a big number at the start out and didn't want to stay up for the end of the auction.

My offense will be terrible now as my best winger (0P) will be moved off the lineup for him.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Grabbed the first true winger for the rebuild: 85/Max-2/?- for $50M. Probably could have gotten him cheaper, but I wanted to throw a big number at the start out and didn't want to stay up for the end of the auction.

My offense will be terrible now as my best winger (0P) will be moved off the lineup for him.

I just reshuffled lines to try to get some of my younger players more ice time. My veteran winger is at 0p as well, but I just couldn;t pull him off the top line when I've got my last chance to promote to II. Same goes for Horky, my GT who I desperately need to find a replacement for, but I know I'll be losing a ton of games once I do.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
I just reshuffled lines to try to get some of my younger players more ice time. My veteran winger is at 0p as well, but I just couldn;t pull him off the top line when I've got my last chance to promote to II. Same goes for Horky, my GT who I desperately need to find a replacement for, but I know I'll be losing a ton of games once I do.

Of course this kid gets injured in his first game. :rant: Luckily only for one day.

I have nothing to play Bernstein for. He won't suddenly become good enough to be a starting wing for the NT, nor would I be in shape for a I.1 title. At most it would be to keep from relegating, but I'm in 7th right now and looking solid for that spot.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Tujague snaps my regulation unbeaten streak at 45. Booo.:rant:

Yeah. That sorta sucked. I actually didn't want/plan to win:blush: I used a 200K win bonus just to keep it close while I saved some TS for the WL. Oops!

Speaking of the World League. I play the only bad team in the group today. The top two teams are also playing each other. With a decent win, I could jump into 2nd place. Which would be enough to advance to the next round. I'd still have two tough games left, but it would be nice to control my own destiny.

poppap527

Aug 3, 2006
What do you guys think I could fetch for this player on the market?
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index.php?p=public_player_info.inc&id=32594653

I like everything about his distribution and shown attributes, but I have a feeling he is not quite what the Q/P estimates are showing. He plays 2/3 of my league games, but trains at ~35%, while I have a dman who is Q90/?P62 who trains at 48%.

I am scouting the top player for 4 more days to get a better idea of how to move forward, but I am just seeing what you guys would pay.

Thanks.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
What do you guys think I could fetch for this player on the market?
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index.php?p=public_player_info.inc&id=32594653

I like everything about his distribution and shown attributes, but I have a feeling he is not quite what the Q/P estimates are showing. He plays 2/3 of my league games, but trains at ~35%, while I have a dman who is Q90/?P62 who trains at 48%.

I am scouting the top player for 4 more days to get a better idea of how to move forward, but I am just seeing what you guys would pay.

Thanks.

Hard to say. Young goalies tend to go for less than other players (unless they are major studs, in which case they go for more). Still, even if you assume a drop from the unscouted values, say 85/max-3, that's not terrible.

It all depends on what he actually scouts out as. If he's showing really high and is only like 79/71, nobody will be interested. If he's 89/88, you might get a couple hundred mill. If he's the 85/76, maybe... 50?

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I have a winning record in the WL:yo:

I might not be able to say that much longer:blush: I've been flipping from Low to Normal for league games, but I think I have to play the next 6 league games on Low. That'll take me to the end of the group stage.

Depending on how my newest youth pull looks, I might blow up half my team and do a partial rebuild.

Depending on how my newest youth pull looks, I might continue to do what I'm doing cause he sucks just like every other youth pull for the last 10 years.

Probably.

I have a 16yo showing ?98 Q. His AI has reached ?29 once. It's usually in the ?27 range. Crap?

I also have a 17yo showing ?54-?59. Is he any good? I'll probably boost him anyway just because there's no one better.

Marian Gaborik

Sep 20, 2005
high 50s and into the 60s is good for a 17 yo and youre looking for around 30 for 16 yos. I think your guys are probably going to be pretty good.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
I have a winning record in the WL:yo:

I might not be able to say that much longer:blush: I've been flipping from Low to Normal for league games, but I think I have to play the next 6 league games on Low. That'll take me to the end of the group stage.

I've been playing on nothing but low this season, and dropped out of the top eight for the first time on Thursday, I think? It was around the time I dropped my big sniper, Bernstein, out of the lineup. I may just stop looking for players on the market for this season and pick up where I left off early next season. I've got three players when I needed four and there are some train & sells that can take the one position in the lineup until next season.

Marian Gaborik

Sep 20, 2005
Ended up being 87/82...I think I'll hold off on the rebuild for now. Have a 16 yo goalie that looks promising, but wont really know until next season.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
high 50s and into the 60s is good for a 17 yo and youre looking for around 30 for 16 yos. I think your guys are probably going to be pretty good.

None of my 17yos have ever cracked 60 in the YS. I currently have 4 showing ?52, 3 showing ?54, 2 showing ?57 and 1 showing ?59. I'll bet they're all ****.

And the ?98/?64 16yo is still maxed out at ?29. He's **** too.

By "****", I mean not good enough to get any playing time, and not good enough to bring in big money. And they'll have 45 Strength.

I've been playing on nothing but low this season, and dropped out of the top eight for the first time on Thursday, I think? It was around the time I dropped my big sniper, Bernstein, out of the lineup. I may just stop looking for players on the market for this season and pick up where I left off early next season. I've got three players when I needed four and there are some train & sells that can take the one position in the lineup until next season.

I've been using Normal in big games, but switching to Low to get a TS boost heading into the WL. I'm going to stick with Low, but I might up the win bonus and hope to steal a few like I did vs smetana:nod:

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
I've been using Normal in big games, but switching to Low to get a TS boost heading into the WL. I'm going to stick with Low, but I might up the win bonus and hope to steal a few like I did vs smetana:nod:

I'm trying to decide what to do with the TS at the end of the season. Should I blow it to make the playoffs, or use it once a week to go far in the NC to try to make the NCHC?

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I lost 0-7 today. How in the hell did that happen? Humes gave up 7 goals on 24 shots!?! Has that ever happened in his career? I guess I really should have upped the damn win bonus. And maybe not mentioned in the forums that I was playing league games on Low:innocent:

I'm trying to decide what to do with the TS at the end of the season. Should I blow it to make the playoffs, or use it once a week to go far in the NC to try to make the NCHC?

I went for the NC when the league title was out of reach. Making the playoffs won't get you much, will it? Go for the NC trophy. Get in the NCHC and try to get further than I did:D

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
I went for the NC when the league title was out of reach. Making the playoffs won't get you much, will it? Go for the NC trophy. Get in the NCHC and try to get further than I did:D

It would get me increased experience and revenue. But then I suppose the NC (and maybe the NCHC) would actually do the same.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
It would get me increased experience and revenue. But then I suppose the NC (and maybe the NCHC) would actually do the same.

But what's more fun, gaining exp/revenue or possibly winning a trophy?

When I won, I think I had a 21yo, 22yo and a couple of 23yos. Or something like that. So it's doable with some younger players as long as you have a good goalie/defense. Plus, four of the better US teams are in the WL/NCHC. And we're very close to getting 4 teams in the WL next season. Although I honestly don't expect that. Now is a great time to go for it. But you'll probably lose to smetana.

Or Mallard:biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad