Hockey Arena XIX - Vagrant is the King!

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
But what's more fun, gaining exp/revenue or possibly winning a trophy?

When I won, I think I had a 21yo, 22yo and a couple of 23yos. Or something like that. So it's doable with some younger players as long as you have a good goalie/defense. Plus, four of the better US teams are in the WL/NCHC. And we're very close to getting 4 teams in the WL next season. Although I honestly don't expect that. Now is a great time to go for it. But you'll probably lose to smetana.

Or Mallard:biglaugh:

Don't have any 22 or 23 y/o's, but I do have a 17, 19, and 21 year olds. I was already leaning that way, but you convinced me as I'm starting to lose ground on 8th.

It looks like my next NC match is against primetime too. That will be fun. :laugh:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I have a player on the market that is 91/MAX-2 +2 for 200M. Perfectly built for a winger. Showing way under at 84/69?. Not sure of fair value for him, but I think it may be close. The AI isn't all that exceptional.

Information about player Rod Church, id 32661774
Age 18 Country USA
Contract 8 days Team Raleigh Wolves
Injury Healthy Quality 91%
Salary 0 Potential 76%
Ability index 81 Loyalty +2
Satisfaction neutral Weeks in team 0
Goalie's weak spot Low area Star 3%
Attributes
Goalie 0 (0%) Speed 31 (0%)
Defense 0 (0%) Strength 0 (0%)
Offense 0 (89%) Self-control 0 (0%)
Shooting 50 (94%) Form 50 (0)
Passing 0 (0%) Experience 0 (0%)
Energy 100 Training 42%

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Decided to make a change to the NT lineup, unfortunately it's costing me in chemistry. :help: On the positive side, tujague your player will get to try to live up to Matthew Cagle. :laugh:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I won my World League group:5:

I think the guy who was in first was working with the guy in 3rd to try to knock me out. He lost 2-7, I won 9-1. We're tied with 8 points, but I easily have him on goal differential- 26-6 v 23-15. Woo!

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006

I think the guy who was in first was working with the guy in 3rd to try to knock me out. He lost 2-7, I won 9-1. We're tied with 8 points, but I easily have him on goal differential- 26-6 v 23-15. Woo!

I lost 4-0 to primetime. I played on high with a very large win bonus. :cry:

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010

Congrats!

Marian Gaborik

Sep 20, 2005

congrats tujaque :handclap:

advanced in NC action and sit in 6th in II.2. Not bad considering i have a teen on each line.

This is what 417 AI works out too

97/35
Defense 18
Offense 121
Shooting 103
Passing 63
Speed 36
Strength 51
Self-control 25
Experience 368

Marian Gaborik

Sep 20, 2005
does anyone know how stars of the week are calculated? I always assumed it was the best sv% for goalies and most points for dmen and forwards, but my guy had more points than the forward who won this week, so I'm not sure anymore.

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
does anyone know how stars of the week are calculated? I always assumed it was the best sv% for goalies and most points for dmen and forwards, but my guy had more points than the forward who won this week, so I'm not sure anymore.

I assumed the same. Perhaps it's figured by best game rating?

Marian Gaborik

Sep 20, 2005
Other Guy:
Game 1: 1G - 5.2
Game 2: 5G, 2A - 14.5
Game 3: 3G, 1A - 10
Game 4: 1G, 2A - 8.5
Avg = 9.55

My Guy:
Game 1: 1G, 2A - 8.2
Game 2: 2G, 3A - 11.5
Game 3: 4A - 8.7
Game 4: 4A - 9.4
Avg = 9.45

Seems to be the case

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Vagrant, Humes is injured and my only backup is 23-24 and has limited experience. And I'm playing on Low with a 200K win bonus to build TS for the World League. Now might be a good time to attack:naughty:

Marian Gaborik

Sep 20, 2005
My centre had another 6 points today and now has 33 points in his last 9 games to catapult him into the points lead and me into 5th.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
So close to 13th and the bad line. It's going to be close to not relegate this season, and probably a certainty for next season.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Vagrant, Humes is injured and my only backup is 23-24 and has limited experience. And I'm playing on Low with a 200K win bonus to build TS for the World League. Now might be a good time to attack:naughty:

Haha, I didn't even see this until today. I played that game on low with no win bonus. I have no idea what it is about my team but they always manage to get a good number of shots on net but have trouble finishing. I was also TS stacking for the National Cup but that proved to be pretty fruitless as I handled the Red Terror 7-1. I have the unlikely Kerry Kings up again for my ticket into the Final 4. I have a 50+ AI advantage so it should be a winnable game.

Right now it's looking like me, Ducky, the Paulavets, and the winner between Nanook of the North and the Central Blue Devils. Not discounting any of the other options, just doing a bit of spitballing here.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
Made the top 8 in the NC. Never would have expected to make it this far. I feel like I got lucky with the matchups.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Sweet 16 in the World League:yo:

If you're wondering how to win in the World League, play on High and offer 3M win bonuses:laugh: The games are once a week on sponsor day. So it's not like it's costing me money. At least that's what I keep telling myself:innocent:

Haha, I didn't even see this until today. I played that game on low with no win bonus. I have no idea what it is about my team but they always manage to get a good number of shots on net but have trouble finishing. I was also TS stacking for the National Cup but that proved to be pretty fruitless as I handled the Red Terror 7-1. I have the unlikely Kerry Kings up again for my ticket into the Final 4. I have a 50+ AI advantage so it should be a winnable game.

Right now it's looking like me, Ducky, the Paulavets, and the winner between Nanook of the North and the Central Blue Devils. Not discounting any of the other options, just doing a bit of spitballing here.

Yeah. I knew it was kind of late. I haven't been paying much attention to who I was playing. My strategy doesn't change. So I didn't even realize it was you until it was too late:)

In case anyone was wondering how to win in US I.1, play on low and offer 200k win bonuses:naughty: I started that just to keep most games close while focusing on the WL, but I'll be damned if I'm not winning them all.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
In case anyone was wondering how to win in US I.1, play on low and offer 200k win bonuses:naughty: I started that just to keep most games close while focusing on the WL, but I'll be damned if I'm not winning them all.

That was what I was doing this season, except I used more than 200k. It worked great until I put more kids into the lineup. :laugh:

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
Damn it. I was really hoping to sneak by herrdoktor into first place today. Oh well, at least I saved the win bonus :D

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Smetana, how did you play that one. If you don't mind sharing:naughty: I'm sticking with Low and 200k and just destroying people. I haven't even looked at my league opponents this season. No game planning at all. What the hell's going on? Is Heavenly that effective? Or is no one else offering win bonuses?

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
Smetana, how did you play that one. If you don't mind sharing:naughty: I'm sticking with Low and 200k and just destroying people. I haven't even looked at my league opponents this season. No game planning at all. What the hell's going on? Is Heavenly that effective? Or is no one else offering win bonuses?

High. No bonus. Close game, but you're right, you've been on a major roll. I'm just trying to hold down a top 4 spot, now. I'm probably due for a slump...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad