Hlinka Gretzky Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I don't like the coach at all. He was saying before the game, he wants them grind the puck down low, dump the puck in, etc. I understand why you would use that philosophy and it does work, but this is not the team for it or the tournament. These are 17 year old boys, not grown men, you have access to 23 of the best U18 Canadians. We have more skill than anyone else in the tournament, use it, play like it, and take advantage of that. He's limiting his players when he tells them to dump and chase.

Canada is far away better than any other team in the tournament. The coach is holding these players back significantly.

It's 2-2 now and the Canadians need to keep playing like this. Sweden can't keep up with Canada if they play with all their energy.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
I don't like the coach at all. He was saying before the game, he wants them grind the puck down low, dump the puck in, etc. I understand why you would use that philosophy and it does work, but this is not the team for it or the tournament. These are 17 year old boys, not grown men, you have access to 23 of the best U18 Canadians. We have more skill than anyone else in the tournament, use it, play like it, and take advantage of that. He's limiting his players when he tells them to dump and chase.

Canada is far away better than any other team in the tournament. The coach is holding these players back significantly.

It's 2-2 now and the Canadians need to keep playing like this. Sweden can't keep up with Canada if they play with all their energy.

Shots are 15-3

They are dominating the game, with the way he has them playing. Sweden just capitalized on two of their three shots.

Reactions: 99664987

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
This chatter about the officiating needs to stop. Less than a decade ago, there was none of this video replay stuff at all. The puck was a foot from the line when the time ran out; it entered a tenth of a second after the time ran out. Without review, referees call such indistinguishable plays a goal every damn time, for entertainment, not bias or nationality. Furthermore, that tenth of a second is gained and lost every single time a whistle is blown in the game.

All of this applies double to the USA fans who had been crying that this tournament matters less than a Da Beauty League game all week.

Now, let’s just enjoy the hockey.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
High praise for Broberg. Top 5 ,., I can't disagree based on this tournament that he should be considered with the top D in the draft. His skating is outstanding. Plays good D.. and Likes to rush the puck and be involved offensively. HockeyProspect.com didn't have him in their top 31 in their early look rankings.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Tie game

Button makes me laugh... a scramble play .. player fires loose puck at the net ... So Smart

Button is terrible, I obviously hate him due to his time as GM in Calgary, but after listening to him on Overdrive I had started to warm up to him a bit but listening to him during this tournament reminds just how awful he really is.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
High praise for Broberg. Top 5 ,., I can't disagree based on this tournament that he should be considered with the top D in the draft. His skating is outstanding. Plays good D.. and Likes to rush the puck and be involved offensively. HockeyProspect.com didn't have him in their top 31 in their early look rankings.

I agree

That said, it never fails that after praise like that a player will have a big screw-up like Broberg just did.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Someone help me understand why that isn’t a penalty shot, as that was a clear-cut breakaway if there ever was one. Is it because he managed to get a bit of a shot off regardless? What are the international rules here?

Mauler

Dec 19, 2015
Sweden cant keep up they look tired both physically and mentally i guess missing Grewe and Söderström hurt their chances abit this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad