Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
@93LEAFS what are your thoughts on Drysdale? He’s in your neck of the woods.

He’s really opened my eyes to him this tournament. Him, Barron, and Schneider are three really strong Canadian defenders this draft.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Sweden hangs on for overtime. Complete domination by Canada in the 3rd, the Swedish goalie held the fort well.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
@93LEAFS what are your thoughts on Drysdale? He’s in your neck of the woods.

He’s really opened my eyes to him this tournament. Him, Barron, and Schneider are three really strong Canadian defenders this draft.
Insanely smooth and smart. Good skater and well-positioned. Not sure he's quite as dynamic as you want from a guy with his build, but he's a first-rounder. Top 10 might be a bit tough given his size, and its going to be very hard to have a good offensive season on Erie. U-18's will probably be pretty big on whether he goes top 10 or not. As for OHL guys as the moment he's behind Perfetti and Byfield. Everyone else is debatable. Should be the strongest OHL crop since 2015, especially when it comes to Ontario born kids (2016 and 2018 were bailed out by Americans and Imports).

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Insanely smooth and smart. Good skater and well-positioned. Not sure he's quite as dynamic as you want from a guy with his build, but he's a first-rounder. Top 10 might be a bit tough given his size, and its going to be very hard to have a good offensive season on Erie. U-18's will probably be pretty big on whether he goes top 10 or not. As for OHL guys as the moment he's behind Perfetti and Byfield. Everyone else is debatable. Should be the strongest OHL crop since 2015, especially when it comes to Ontario born kids (2016 and 2018 were bailed out by Americans and Imports).
Who do you prefer, him or Barron?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pashin with a hatty vs Finland, and he scored 2 to USA, and had an assist vs Sweden, but he isn't Canadian so it doesn't count.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Pashin with a hatty vs Finland, and he scored 2 to USA, but he isn't Canadian so it doesn't count.
I wonder how much fun you would have locked in a room with atas2000. You could then have someone to agree with you about the anti Russian bias

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wonder how much fun you would have locked in a room with atas2000. You could then have someone to agree with you about the anti Russian bias

We’re all in here hyping up and talking about Askarov but we’re a bunch of Russophobes.

Reactions: Dominance

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Shootout it is.

Completely dominated play in the third and overtime.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
So you don't think, if he was Canadian, he would have been called a legit top5, probably even top3 pick?

What about Pashin’s game pushes him over Lafreniere, Byfield, Perfetti, Lapierre, etc.?

Legitimately curious.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So you don't think, if he was Canadian, he would have been called a legit top5, probably even top3 pick?

giphy.gif

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Who do you prefer, him or Barron?
Probably Drysdale, but I'm not sure I'd invest a top 10 pick in either at the moment. Haven't seen enough of Barron to make a concrete statement on which one I'd prefer. Also, unless you are talking about very elite talents, it is hard to measure the gap between a guy with one CHL season as a 16-year-old vs two at 16 and 17. I think Drysdale is ahead at the same age and has a very good chance of clearly surpassing him this year. On current ability, its probably Barron.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad