Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
HGC 2019 will be played in the beginning of August in Czech Republic and Slovakia.

Team Finland will be picked up from this camp roster:

Goalies
Blomqvist Joel, Kärpät Oulu
Jatkola Juha, KalPa Kuopio
Silvennoinen Lukas, TPS Turku
Väyrynen Max, Blues Espoo

Defencemen
Koskela Valtteri, JYP Jyväskylä
Lehmus Joona, Tappara Tampere
Määttä Rami, Ässät Pori
Niemelä Topi, Kärpät Oulu
Nyman Luka, Red Bull Salzburg, AUT
Ottavainen Ville, Kärpät Oulu
Paaso Arttu, Kärpät Oulu
Puutio Kasper, Kärpät Oulu
Rafkin Ruben, Tri-City Storm, USHL
Viro Eemil, TPS Turku

Forwards

Hirvonen Roni, Blues Espoo
Järventie Roby, Ilves Tampere
Karnaranta Valtteri, Ässät Pori
Korkalainen Veeti, KooKoo Kouvola
Lambert Brad, HIFK Helsinki
Liukas Eetu, TPS Turku
Luoto Oskari, Tappara Tampere
Mäenpää Juuso, Jokerit Helsinki
Määttä Joel, Sioux City Musketeers, USHL
Niemi Eero, Ässät Pori
Räty Aatu, Kärpät Oulu
Seppälä Jesse, Tappara Tampere
Suni Oliver, Kärpät Oulu
Tuomaala Samu, Kärpät Oulu
Uusikartano Riku, TPS Turku

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Looks like no Lucas Raymond and Alexander Holtz for Sweden, they will be playing the U20 World Junior showcase. Kind of dissapointing, would have liked watching the best Swedish roster possible at the Hlinka

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
HGC 2019 will be played in the beginning of August in Czech Republic and Slovakia.

Team Finland will be picked up from this camp roster:

Goalies
Blomqvist Joel, Kärpät Oulu
Jatkola Juha, KalPa Kuopio
Silvennoinen Lukas, TPS Turku
Väyrynen Max, Blues Espoo

Defencemen
Koskela Valtteri, JYP Jyväskylä
Lehmus Joona, Tappara Tampere
Määttä Rami, Ässät Pori
Niemelä Topi, Kärpät Oulu
Nyman Luka, Red Bull Salzburg, AUT
Ottavainen Ville, Kärpät Oulu
Paaso Arttu, Kärpät Oulu
Puutio Kasper, Kärpät Oulu
Rafkin Ruben, Tri-City Storm, USHL
Viro Eemil, TPS Turku

Forwards

Hirvonen Roni, Blues Espoo
Järventie Roby, Ilves Tampere
Karnaranta Valtteri, Ässät Pori
Korkalainen Veeti, KooKoo Kouvola
Lambert Brad, HIFK Helsinki
Liukas Eetu, TPS Turku
Luoto Oskari, Tappara Tampere
Mäenpää Juuso, Jokerit Helsinki
Määttä Joel, Sioux City Musketeers, USHL
Niemi Eero, Ässät Pori
Räty Aatu, Kärpät Oulu
Seppälä Jesse, Tappara Tampere
Suni Oliver, Kärpät Oulu
Tuomaala Samu, Kärpät Oulu
Uusikartano Riku, TPS Turku

Simontaival not playing for Finland? Seems strange

Reactions: flamebird

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Looks like no Lucas Raymond and Alexander Holtz for Sweden, they will be playing the U20 World Junior showcase. Kind of dissapointing, would have liked watching the best Swedish roster possible at the Hlinka

Me too. They used to always send the best possible team to the Hlinka but that has changed apparently. Will still be a strong team, much deeper age group than last year.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Me too. They used to always send the best possible team to the Hlinka but that has changed apparently. Will still be a strong team, much deeper age group than last year.

The offence and goaltending looks a lot stronger on paper at least, both in terms of depth and top end talent. Haven’t watched the likes of Helge Grans and Emil Andrade that much, how do they compare to Broberg and Söderström for example, if you have any idea?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The offence and goaltending looks a lot stronger on paper at least, both in terms of depth and top end talent. Haven’t watched the likes of Helge Grans and Emil Andrade that much, how do they compare to Broberg and Söderström for example, if you have any idea?

They are different type of players so it's hard to compare like that. Andrae will be the #1 PP quarterback, he's really, really good on the offensive blue line but probably not a big factor at even strength. Grans is better than Broberg I think, good both ways and he will eat a lot of minutes. William Wallinder, that's the guy who will surprise many.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
They are different type of players so it's hard to compare like that. Andrae will be the #1 PP quarterback, he's really, really good on the offensive blue line but probably not a big factor at even strength. Grans is better than Broberg I think, good both ways and he will eat a lot of minutes. William Wallinder, that's the guy who will surprise many, looks like an OEL on the ice.

Sounds promising, I rate Anton Johannesson very highly too from the little I have seen of him.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002

Raymond and Holtz have 3-4 days to travel from the US to Hlinka Cup in CZE/SVK, so they could still be on the team. Would mean a lot of games for them though...

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
How do you think about Finland´s chances of winning? We haven´t won this junior tournament yet. If I understood correcty, Canada gets usually better roster for this tournament than U18, right?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Canada always wins it. They get their top roster whereas the Finnish top u-18 prospects will usually be busy preparing for their Liiga season. The top prospects usually will participate at u-17 age but no longer will take part during their last eligible season.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
This year one group (as usual) will be played in Piestany. The other in Breclav.

I think 2 last tournaments were played in Bratislava. But you are right this year it will be played in Piestany.

Last edited:

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Canada always wins it. They get their top roster whereas the Finnish top u-18 prospects will usually be busy preparing for their Liiga season. The top prospects usually will participate at u-17 age but no longer will take part during their last eligible season.

USA doesnt sent their top prospects either. Finns dont either as you mentioned. Russia sends most and Sweden sends most.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
That's kinda disappointing,attendance in Bratislava was pretty decent wheb it was played here.
Agree, I was also looking forward to see our guys like Myklukha, Chromiak, Knazko but also some Canadians, Swedes etc. Hopefully it will be at least on youtube canal or on Huste.tv as it was by last tournaments played in Bratislava.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
And it was for free. The costs are much higher there.
First time it was for free in Bratislava, second time the entrance fee was I think 3 Eur, still acceptable and the hockey federation could repay at least a part of the costs.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
The US team is going to suck.

I’ve been trying to figure out what the US team might look like... it’s real thin, do you think this would be a realistic projection for them?

Antonio Stranges- Zakary Karpa- Blake Biondi
Cross Hanas- Alex Gaffney- Carter Mazur
Carson Bantle- Avery Hayes- Ben Schoen
Tanner Dickinson- Wyatt Schingoethe- Kienan Draper
Jack Williams

Avery Winslow- Gerard Keane
Frank Jenkins- Victor Mancini
Christian Jimenez- Stephen Davis
Matthew Sredl

Aidan Campbell
Xavier Medina

Reactions: William H Bonney

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Raymond and holtz should focus on u20 for now. It feels more important to move on from u18, just like kakko did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad