OT: Hi, my name is...

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I'm not so unapologetically pro Trump anymore anyway. The neocons appointed around him have seemed to turn him into one as well. Surprised BI doesn't support him.

But regarding your remarks about them not caring, my name is still routinely dropped there :laugh:. I seem to be the benchmark for pro-Trump posters. That's fair, though.

I pissed off a lot of people before and after the election with my support so I guess I earned my infamous standing there.

Still staying true to my bet and keeping off of there until October. Will have been a year by then.
Not gonna talk about myself here but I can confirm that taking an un PC stance in a political thread on a hockey board (especially regarding the recent US election) can and will get you banned from said forum. Happened to yours truly last summer on another well known Canucks hockey forum and I wasn't even pro Trump really, just anti Hill.

But thanks for pointing out the politics thread here; I'll be sure to steer well clear of it ;)

Reactions: clunk

MisterBlack83

Sep 5, 2009
I’m Steve. 35 yr old in Coquitlam . I’ve been watching the Canucks and listening to Am canucks radio since 89/90 ish. Went full blown die hard since Bure’s First game. My dad took me to game 6 94 against the Rangers. Greatest day of my life. I have an ice pack. I am so pumped with the core we’re putting together. We haven’t had this much promise ever I think. 2023 is our year . 12 year cycle

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Long time members of this board and others (going back to Rivals days) know enough about me to figure out who I am if they really want to. That's about as far as I'm willing to go on a public message board!

Reactions: Bubbles

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Long time members of this board and others (going back to Rivals days) know enough about me to figure out who I am if they really want to. That's about as far as I'm willing to go on a public message board!
Crazy. Im like two months older then when you joined this forum :laugh:

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I'm 31 years old, and work in the environmental sciences in Olympia, WA. I'm a Canucks fan for two more seasons, until Seattle's pending franchise goes life and mercifully relieves me from this depressing gongshow of upper management and meddling ownership. I graduated from the University of North Dakota, so I have a soft spot for Stetch and Brock (and before that, Ryan Johnson). Interesting side note- Oshie, Chris Vandevelde, and Anthony Grieco helped carry our roller hockey team to an intramural championship in (I think) 2009. Since moving to Olympia about 7 months ago, it's dawned on me just how little hockey is currently played here compared to my last stops in Idaho and North Dakota. Now I mostly run trails and ultramarathons while my goalie pads collect dust. The hope is this Seattle franchise leads to an eventual increase in hockey participation and an arena located closer to Olympia than the nearest current one in Tacoma.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
I'm 31 years old, and work in the environmental sciences in Olympia, WA. I'm a Canucks fan for two more seasons, until Seattle's pending franchise goes life and mercifully relieves me from this depressing gongshow of upper management and meddling ownership. I graduated from the University of North Dakota, so I have a soft spot for Stetch and Brock (and before that, Ryan Johnson). Interesting side note- Oshie, Chris Vandevelde, and Anthony Grieco helped carry our roller hockey team to an intramural championship in (I think) 2009. Since moving to Olympia about 7 months ago, it's dawned on me just how little hockey is currently played here compared to my last stops in Idaho and North Dakota. Now I mostly run trails and ultramarathons while my goalie pads collect dust. The hope is this Seattle franchise leads to an eventual increase in hockey participation and an arena located closer to Olympia than the nearest current one in Tacoma.
Wow nice to have some American fans!! Hope ya stay when Seattle gets a franchise :)

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Really strange to me that Washington state isn't generating more hockey players, guess its just a similar issue to BC where there isn't any natural ice, and on top of that less hockey culture than Canada has. Hopefully the Seattle franchise helps change that!

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Really strange to me that Washington state isn't generating more hockey players, guess its just a similar issue to BC where there isn't any natural ice, and on top of that less hockey culture than Canada has. Hopefully the Seattle franchise helps change that!
Odd thing is, Seattle has a more recent Stanley Cup victory than Vancouver....

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
I've mulled over that thought as well, and I think you're right about it maybe subconsciously having to do with local climate. I don't think it's a reflection on the potential here, though. It just needs to be realized, much like it was eventually realized in San Jose. With participation in institutionalized hockey (unfortunately) becoming more of a sport limited to the somewhat wealthy (some might argue it therefore becomes more attractive to those with wealth), the potential to grow the sport locally is massive.

In any case, I hope having a rival so close to Vancouver will increase general interest throughout BC. I get the impression that when the team is brutal, it reflects strongly in the lack of interest locally. Maybe having a true PNW rival (instead of settling with Albertan counterparts) will keep the fires burning a little hotter in Vancouver.

Oignon Saute

Dec 19, 2011
My nickname is Whaleliam because of a tattoo on my left arm. I'm approaching 25. Got interested in hockey during the 2002 Olympics though didn't watch any playoffs until the playoffs that year. Mats Sundin was my first ever favourite player as the west games always ended after my bed time. I was living in Kamloops at the time and when the following season began I discovered Vancouver had a team and that their captain and I shared the same birthday, was pretty much the coolest thing in the world to me at that age. I will always love Nazzy and him and Sundin ensured I'll always have a soft spot for Swedes (Sedins certainly didn't hurt that either). Moved to Calgary shortly after but have always remained loyal to the Canucks. Never had much of a rivalry with friends here, we all pretty much cheer on each others teams when they're not playing eachother. On that note, I find it very hard to dislike teams. I have a hard time actively cheering against teams unless I have a 'hockey' reason (trying to make playoffs etc). The exception is Boston who I think I will always despise. Was always cool with Chicago but f*** Duncan Keith. I was convinced that Nikolaj Ehlers was the 3rd best player in his draft and was literally screaming at my tv for the Canucks to pick him. I forever feel personally attacked by the Virtanen choice. Oddly enough wasn't exceptionally upset with Juelovi over Tkachuk, though I didn't really like either at the draft.

Spent the last 6 years working two jobs to fund my biggest love: travel. Hit Antarctica a couple years ago which was my last Continent and biggest dream come true (its the most beautiful place on the planet and no one will ever convince me otherwise). I'll cross the 40 country plateau in August before heading back to Uni in the fall. Most of my travel has taken place in the winter months as I like to spend my summers in the Rockies. I'm also obsessed with maps and geography. My daily internet routine during the season is to check the Utica Comets thread (shout out to all the incredible posters there) and then do random geography quizzes...

Greetings earthlings,

My name is Jon and I'm here to say...

I'm 29, have been living in Iceland for the past couple of years doing my masters - just had my defence. Passed. B.Sc in Physical Geography, MRM in Natural Resource Management. I like to travel when I am not at school or working, have been to some number of countries - Iceland, Netherlands, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Congo (very briefly), Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Australia, New Zealand, China, US, and Canada. Off to Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan and Nepal in autumn.

How is living in Iceland?? Did you do Nyiragongo in the Congo? I keep myself up to date on all the news effecting the Congo after my visit in 2016. Just a piece of magic on Earth and I lament that areas tragic history. I hope one day more people will know what a treasure that part of the world is and be able to safely visit and that the locals prosper.

I'd be fascinated to hear all about Mongolia and Kyrgyzstan. I'm off to Iran in August but Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan were my other considerations. I would love to pick your brain about the logistics of Mongolia and your experience after!

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
My nickname is Whaleliam because of a tattoo on my left arm. I'm approaching 25. Got interested in hockey during the 2002 Olympics though didn't watch any playoffs until the playoffs that year. Mats Sundin was my first ever favourite player as the west games always ended after my bed time. I was living in Kamloops at the time and when the following season began I discovered Vancouver had a team and that their captain and I shared the same birthday, was pretty much the coolest thing in the world to me at that age. I will always love Nazzy and him and Sundin ensured I'll always have a soft spot for Swedes (Sedins certainly didn't hurt that either). Moved to Calgary shortly after but have always remained loyal to the Canucks. Never had much of a rivalry with friends here, we all pretty much cheer on each others teams when they're not playing eachother. On that note, I find it very hard to dislike teams. I have a hard time actively cheering against teams unless I have a 'hockey' reason (trying to make playoffs etc). The exception is Boston who I think I will always despise. Was always cool with Chicago but **** Duncan Keith. I was convinced that Nikolaj Ehlers was the 3rd best player in his draft and was literally screaming at my tv for the Canucks to pick him. I forever feel personally attacked by the Virtanen choice. Oddly enough wasn't exceptionally upset with Juelovi over Tkachuk, though I didn't really like either at the draft.

Spent the last 6 years working two jobs to fund my biggest love: travel. Hit Antarctica a couple years ago which was my last Continent and biggest dream come true (its the most beautiful place on the planet and no one will ever convince me otherwise). I'll cross the 40 country plateau in August before heading back to Uni in the fall. Most of my travel has taken place in the winter months as I like to spend my summers in the Rockies. I'm also obsessed with maps and geography. My daily internet routine during the season is to check the Utica Comets thread (shout out to all the incredible posters there) and then do random geography quizzes...

How is living in Iceland?? Did you do Nyiragongo in the Congo? I keep myself up to date on all the news effecting the Congo after my visit in 2016. Just a piece of magic on Earth and I lament that areas tragic history. I hope one day more people will know what a treasure that part of the world is and be able to safely visit and that the locals prosper.

I'd be fascinated to hear all about Mongolia and Kyrgyzstan. I'm off to Iran in August but Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan were my other considerations. I would love to pick your brain about the logistics of Mongolia and your experience after!
Id stear CLEAR of Iran if i was you. There a terrorist country and hate westerners

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Yes. I know I’m old.

I'll never forget our community vicariously waiting out that hurricane (Katrina?... shame on me) with you and waiting on pins and needles for your next reply.You survived... obviously... but didn't you lose your favourite lunch spot in the town where you worked? Not trying to trivialize it... it was just such a surreal experience to keep up with someone you kind of feel you know through such a dramatic event.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'll never forget our community vicariously waiting out that hurricane (Katrina?... shame on me) with you and waiting on pins and needles for your next reply.You survived... obviously... but didn't you lose your favourite lunch spot in the town where you worked? Not trying to trivialize it... it was just such a surreal experience to keep up with someone you kind of feel you know through such a dramatic event.

Think you got the wrong guy...though we did go through the 2011 Joplin tornado. We were lucky it didn’t hit where we live but my wife and daughter were holed up in restaurant that ended up being right on the very edge of the track it took (literally across the street from the hospital that was destroyed). Devastation was jaw dropping. 3 billion in damage and over 160 lives lost.

Back in the day, I was usually working through the night in grad school while listening to games and posting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad