OT: Hi, my name is...

sewellda

Feb 9, 2010
Vancouver
Rarely post but daily lurker...

I'm 38, live in Ottawa with wife and 8-month old daughter.

In the Canadian Armed Forces doing Signals Intelligence here in Ottawa. Its a cool job, get to work in an above Top Secret environment. It's also a crappy job when Canada's contribution and assetts are compared to our five-eyes partners...

Grew up in West Van, went to Bishops, moved to Victoria in 2002. Got tired of tradeswork and joined the CAF in 2012. My parents were season ticket holders from 90-11; seen some great games and classic Canuck moments in my time. My dad was also a lawyer for the McCaw, Aquilinni, Beatie case, and is now a Supreme court judge.

Still try to watch as many Canuck games as I can on Center Ice, but it's increasingly hard to justify while the team is bad and when a crappy game against Carolina ends at 1am...

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
Rarely post but daily lurker...

I'm 38, live in Ottawa with wife and 8-month old daughter.

In the Canadian Armed Forces doing Signals Intelligence here in Ottawa. Its a cool job, get to work in an above Top Secret environment. It's also a crappy job when Canada's contribution and assetts are compared to our five-eyes partners...

Grew up in West Van, went to Bishops, moved to Victoria in 2002. Got tired of tradeswork and joined the CAF in 2012. My parents were season ticket holders from 90-11; seen some great games and classic Canuck moments in my time. My dad was also a lawyer for the McCaw, Aquilinni, Beatie case, and is now a Supreme court judge.

Still try to watch as many Canuck games as I can on Center Ice, but it's increasingly hard to justify while the team is bad and when a crappy game against Carolina ends at 1am...
You ever spend any time in north bay?

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
My surname is Dawson

36 years young born in Penticton BC
Played my minor hockey in the South Okanagan
Still play today but now as a defenceman (was always a winger in my youth) love playing D
Started following the NHL around the late 80s
Favorite player growing up was my hero the Russian Rocket Pavel Bure, also loved Cam Neely (kick his *ss Sea Bass!)
Besides the Canucks cheer on the BC Lions, Seattle Seahawks, Kelowna Rockets, Penticton Vees and the SOMHA.
Will be cheering for Deutschland during the world cup as my better half is German and where my son was born
Also have 15 chickens, a Bernese Mountain dog and a Bearded dragon. Anyone want a Rooster?
Lived in Van for 9 years, also lived in Leipzig for a year but turned full circle moved back home and now running the family business (apple orchard) with my father. I am a 4th generation apple grower.
Enjoy playing hockey, watching hockey, hunting, quading, playing guitar, listening to music, shooting the sh*t with friends and being a dad.

Would like to see the Canucks win the cup someday, one can dream.

May 31, 2006
Everybody has an opinion that allows them to believe others are insane, and everybody can be heated in defending their opinions, especially being teamed up on from all sides. Tbh I think Epsilon and Ilkka's opinions are insane too. They talk about wanting ISIS to behead Donald Trump and GOP members, which seems more extreme to me than defending Trump, but to each their own.

Yeah, good to move on.
You were insufferable in the politics forum, but still not as bad as Ilkka.

Reactions: clunk

Sleestak Nation

Jul 6, 2009
Land of the Lost
Fine ...

The details:
  • I'm Andrew
  • Have a tenuous hold on 49
  • Born in Trail BC, but was raised in Rossland
  • Canucks fans since hometown hero Cesare Maniago joined the team
  • Conduct charm offensives on behalf of government
  • Live near the Rockies, but on the wrong side
  • Ski and mountain bike for fun
  • Only really follow hockey, and skiing and mtn bike world cup tours
  • Still collect comics
  • Hate cheese
  • Married and produced 3 replacements
That's all.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
My name if also andrew. Well me and my wife share this account . She rarely posts ever, so it's mostly me .. but it's her original account.

I'm 32, married, no kids.. yet. Been a Canuck fan since I can remember. Love travelling. We decided to travel tons before we had any kids. Philippines , Australia , Ireland , England , Italy , Dominican , Saint Lucia , Antigua , Barbados .. just in the first 5 years of our marriage. Love seeing the world together! Both die hard Canuck fans.. owner of half season tickets.

I was born in Vancouver , moved to Kelowna when I was 5.. Dad got a job back in van, moved back when I was 15. Moved out of my parents house at 18. Went to college , starved for a few years , met my current wife.

Hockey is my obsession , along with traveling and my wife ;)

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Fine ...

The details:
  • I'm Andrew
  • Have a tenuous hold on 49
  • Born in Trail BC, but was raised in Rossland
  • Canucks fans since hometown hero Cesare Maniago joined the team
  • Conduct charm offensives on behalf of government
  • Live near the Rockies, but on the wrong side
  • Ski and mountain bike for fun
  • Only really follow hockey, and skiing and mtn bike world cup tours
  • Still collect comics
  • Hate cheese
  • Married and produced 3 replacements
That's all.
A fellow Kootenay boy. what up

Reactions: Sleestack

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Stu
Born in Nelson
Live in Kamloops
Fan since 88, first lasting memory was Otto skate in the crease.
Wife and daughter
Skier...6 year old also rips
Had to calm my obsession after 2011, mostly due to my mini riot in my basement....mainly pillows thrown and lots of profanity.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
I’m Italian, currently living in North BBY, love cooking (currently working on a new recipe called Butto Gillisio Patata Gnocchi. I will post recipe as soon as it mastered). Big supporter of Team Azurri when the World Cup/European Cup are on. Robert De Niro is the greatest human of all time, even though he is half Jewish. Sergio Momesso and Bobby Manno are my favourite Canucks of all time. Rocky Marciano would destroy Floyd Mayweather

I’ve watched the Godfather over 1,000 times, and Marisa Tomei in the Wrestler the same when my wife is not around. I grow my own vegetables, can tomatoes, and make my own wine

Umberto, David Rocco and Mario Batali are frauds but I do want to make love to Giada de Laurentiis

Ciao
No love for enrico ciccone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 24, 2017
- I plan to take a trip from Shanghai to Vancouver one day by taking a train to the Eastern most point of Russia, crossing the Beiring Streit, going to Anchorage, visiting Whitehorse, taking a boat to the Queen Charlotte Islands, taking a boat to Vancouver Island, driving to Nanaimo, and then taking a ferry to Vancouver.

Kapil, when you decide it’s time to do this, let me know. For realsies. If we still post on this same board. I love shit like that.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Kapil, when you decide it’s time to do this, let me know. For realsies. If we still post on this same board. I love **** like that.

For sure man!

I don’t think I’ll do it this year but there’s a chance that I’ll do it next year. Just have to sort things out and decide when to do what. I have a lot of things on my “to do” list.

1) visit the foothills/base of Mount Everest by entering through India (I want to enter India at least once in my life and so I kill two birds with one stone). Mt. Everest has deep spiritual meaning in both Hinduism and Buddhism (two religions, that while I don’t follow to a tee, have been significant influences in my life).

2) Celebrate New Years in NYC Times Square

3) Watch Wimbeldon tennis live.

4) attend a Wrestlemania.

5) watch a Seahawks game live

6) watch a BC Lions game in both Winnipeg and Ottawa so that I complete the CFL circuit.

7) be in Vancouver when the Canucks are sitting at 3 wins in a Stanley Cup Final.

Not sure when I’ll do these things, but they’re on the list. Either way - I’ll let you know about the Beiring Streit voyage.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Not comfortable giving my first name because it is very very uncommon.

I’m a 23 year old student from Surrey. Lived here my whole life. Been a Canucks fan my whole life as well. I aspire to become a lawyer.

I like gaming, working out, watching sports, listening to music (mainly rap)

Feb 24, 2017
For sure man!

I don’t think I’ll do it this year but there’s a chance that I’ll do it next year. Just have to sort things out and decide when to do what. I have a lot of things on my “to do” list.

1) visit the foothills/base of Mount Everest by entering through India (I want to enter India at least once in my life and so I kill two birds with one stone). Mt. Everest has deep spiritual meaning in both Hinduism and Buddhism (two religions, that while I don’t follow to a tee, have been significant influences in my life).

2) Celebrate New Years in NYC Times Square

3) Watch Wimbeldon tennis live.

4) attend a Wrestlemania.

5) watch a Seahawks game live

6) watch a BC Lions game in both Winnipeg and Ottawa so that I complete the CFL circuit.

7) be in Vancouver when the Canucks are sitting at 3 wins in a Stanley Cup Final.

Not sure when I’ll do these things, but they’re on the list. Either way - I’ll let you know about the Beiring Streit voyage.
For some reason I really find stuff involving borders and remote areas super interesting. This is small scale compared to what you have planned, but I have a friend willing that join me, when schedules work, crossing the bc border into the 3 USA states under bc for a trip. Then one day, cross from bc into Alaska.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
For some reason I really find stuff involving borders and remote areas super interesting. This is small scale compared to what you have planned, but I have a friend willing that join me, when schedules work, crossing the bc border into the 3 USA states under bc for a trip. Then one day, cross from bc into Alaska.

If you haven't already you should watch Long Way Rond and Long way down.

Reactions: ziploc

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Name is Bruno (please refrain from jokes about Sacha Baron Cohen's character), on the wrong side of 38.

Teaching Maths in Lisbon, Portugal, almost 15 years. Fell in love with the Canucks in 93, seeing highlights in the old Eurosport channel.
And I hate the Pacific time zone and hope to see the Canucks lift the Stanley Cup at least once.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
My name is Kevin, and I lived in Vancouver for 39 years before six years in Kelowna and the last 12 in the gorgeous north of Dawson Creek. I'm a behavioural interventionist for kids with special needs, and have the best job on the planet.
I'm a 57 year old goalie, play four times a week, and also do standup comedy when the weather up here allows me to travel.
All I want is a Cup win. If the Canucks relocated to Kentucky the next year I'd still be too drunk to protest it.
My pet peeve is "hockey fans" who blame Bettman for everything as if he makes unilateral decisions, not grasping that it's the BOG that makes the decisions. Bettman is just the well paid face of evil, so to speak.

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
I'm re-doing mine since now everyone's taking it more seriously.

I am 28. I grew up in Nanaimo. My earliest definitive memory of hockey is the Avs win in 96 (when Krupp scored the OT winner my mom allowed me to get out of bed since she realised I wasn't asleep yet anyway) but my Canucks fandom was never in doubt thanks to my dad.

Went to UVic, got a History degree, realised it was useless, got an Education degree, became a secondary teacher. I also do tour guiding for fun on weekends sometimes.

Moved to London about four years ago (wife is a dual citizen) and have just been made the head of my department. Teaching in the UK is a lot more stressful, and I don't recommend it, other than there being lots of available work for young teachers who want experience. Wife works in a national museum here. We're not planning to leave.

I've been unable to properly watch the Canucks in this time (time zones are not in my favour) but I don't think I'm missing much. If/when they're good again, I'll make the effort to wake up at 3am for big games. Until then I'll suffer via my Liverpool FC fandom. I also pose as a Raptors fan as a lot of my students like basketball. I got cocky this year. They won't let me forget it.

I like following politics in Canada, UK, USA. I don't like engaging in political debates. I like British comedy. I don't like British weather. I like gourmet sodas. I don't like cheese.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
My name is Shawn and I'm 38. I was born in Victoria, spent my childhood living mostly in Saskatchewan and the Yukon and moved back to Victoria in 1990. I became a Canucks fan around the 1991-1992 season. I started collecting hockey cards around that time and that helped to introduce me to the game. At the time I thought that they would be such a great investment, but I threw them out years ago as they are worthless.

Sadly, in all my years living in Victoria, I only made the trip over to watch the Canucks live once. With the ferries stopping at night, a hotel is necessary, which adds a lot of cost so I was too cheap to do it. The game I went to was this one; Calgary Flames - Vancouver Canucks - November 27th, 2008

Mike Cammalleri lit us up for a hatty. Luongo was injured, so Sanford was in net, and he kept getting beat upstairs. We had this Schneider guy, but he was unproven... I also remember being struck by how Bertuzzi just floated around. I also remember the noise. I always assumed it was quiet at GM Place/Rogers Arena until I went to a game.

I am an Electronic Eng Technologist (class of 2017) and I am going into my third year of Bach of Applied Science (Electrical Engineering) at UBC Okanagan. I moved out to Kelowna in 2012 and prefer it over Victoria mainly due to the weather. I'd love to go to another game in Vancouver. I will have to see if I can swing it around Xmas break maybe.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Unfortunately not living back in the Koots, but try to visit as much as possible to ski and bike some trails (which have seemingly gotten steeper or my skills have eroded , yah prolly that latter).

You lucky enough to still reside?
I am lucky enough. born in Castlegar like our coach and made the big move to Trail after highschool. Do work from anywhere between Kaslo and here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->