OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Its very possible someone would have. Been nice to know that would is how it was going to go down. I was under impression everyone is Keeping same amount guys and everyone is on same floor to start out with the expansion teams getting first so many picks.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm trying to add a player to get my third prospect, but I guess I need to wait for waivers. Did the system change the waiver claiming back to a few days wait? I thought we got rid of waiting on waiver claims except for players who were just waived.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm trying to add a player to get my third prospect, but I guess I need to wait for waivers. Did the system change the waiver claiming back to a few days wait? I thought we got rid of waiting on waiver claims except for players who were just waived.

Pretty sure it starts the season with this delay after the draft. I'll look into it. But after tomorrow I think it reverts back to how we had it.

Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Pretty sure it starts the season with this delay after the draft. I'll look into it. But after tomorrow I think it reverts back to how we had it.

I was wondering if that was the case, it probably is, thanks Bench. More than anything I just wanted to get it out there that I'm not compliant, but I know and I'm trying to fix it, lol

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think @The Zetterberg Era 's team looks pretty damn good for expansion. Poor Frk did not fare as well with auto draft, I'm afraid.

Thanks for bearing with me, everyone. It was fun! It's pretty clear everyone here follows hockey, because the draft was strong. Couldn't wait around for good players to fall, they all got snagged around where I expected.

Remember to set your lineups!

And as always, the trade lines are open. I love to wheel and deal.

I know the expansion was done with me in mind, but I was really hoping someone would take over my spot.

If anyone out there wants to manage a team for fun and get in on some action, I will gladly let them inherit mine.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Anyone with an explanation on why my games seemingly counted as double in usage last night?

Also, I know I should really just read the rules, but part of this is it shouldn't be complicated... In any event @Bench why in the world are we not just rolling roster spots and trying to count that seems fairly silly especially as somebody with nobody that is near keeper status yet, my only real hope was building a total roster, if I cannot use all my guys over and over that is an interesting development. Maybe I am misunderstanding something though.

If I am doing the math here correct it would appear we can play a little under 10 guys a night on average over a 7 night week? Reason for this, it eludes me in my history of fantasy sports.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Anyone with an explanation on why my games seemingly counted as double in usage last night?

Also, I know I should really just read the rules, but part of this is it shouldn't be complicated... In any event @Bench why in the world are we not just rolling roster spots and trying to count that seems fairly silly especially as somebody with nobody that is near keeper status yet, my only real hope was building a total roster, if I cannot use all my guys over and over that is an interesting development. Maybe I am misunderstanding something though.

If I am doing the math here correct it would appear we can play a little under 10 guys a night on average over a 7 night week? Reason for this, it eludes me in my history of fantasy sports.
I'm not sure I quite understand. You can play up to 14 skaters per night and 2 goalies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm not sure I quite understand. You can play up to 14 skaters per night and 2 goalies.

@The Zetterberg Era It's as simple as that. There's no limit to games your players can contribute. Play anyone with a game as much as you can. Some days you'll have to choose one guy or another at certain positions.

We talked about limiting goalie starts, but that has not been implemented.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Yeah, I'm not really understanding what you mean as counting as double usage? If you used the autoset on the lines and made a waiver pickup, it then basically wipes out all of the autoset picks and you have to do it again. You should be able to use those guys every night as long as their team is playing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I read the out of 67 and was confused and then it dropped to 36 or something and I basically thought it doubled. But that explanation makes sense, I just found it really weird when all my numbers changed this morning. But I did claim a couple of NA people to stash for now in terms of prospects.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
@The Zetterberg Era It's as simple as that. There's no limit to games your players can contribute. Play anyone with a game as much as you can. Some days you'll have to choose one guy or another at certain positions.

We talked about limiting goalie starts, but that has not been implemented.

I do think I remember some age thing in terms of guys that can be the NA prospect?

Other thought is we really should figure out a way to make the NCAA guys available in the draft moving forward. I mean it is nice to stash a big waiver claim I guess, but Turcotte is someone I probably would have just drafted if I was allowed to and I think we can pick other organizationally owned guys right. I just think with the growth of USA hockey that could be a problem. I mean we know Turcotte and Caufield are likely turning pro in March, I assume somebody scooped Hughes similarly last year, just seems odd to allow other prospects to be picked but not the big American guns.

I will get the hang of it, just a very different format than the mostly head to head and different stats I am used to. Glad to hear rolling people through will work that is honestly my only chance without heavy hitters until a couple of my young guys can grow into that in a few years.

Last edited:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
On the matchup page it shows you how many games you will play with the rosters that you have set on into the future. That graph changes as you change your roster to give you an idea of how many games you have played and how many your opponent has played and will play.

I was confused same as you were last year, but I think that's why you're confused.

Players aren't available until an NHL team signs them, so college kids are not draft eligible in yahoo.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I read the out of 67 and was confused and then it dropped to 36 or something and I basically thought it doubled. But that explanation makes sense, I just found it really weird when all my numbers changed this morning. But I did claim a couple of NA people to stash for now in terms of prospects.

whenever you add a player, you're lineup for the week gets mixed again. thats why you see less starts left in the matchup collumn

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
whenever you add a player, you're lineup for the week gets mixed again. thats why you see less starts left in the matchup collumn

It's a really annoying quirk. Gotta bring that one up with Yahoo.

As for NCAA @The Zetterberg Era that's also a Yahoo thing. For our purposes, we have as a group decided that such players (Quinn Hughes last year) shouldn't be subject to waivers and will go into the draft pool next year. One of our teams here, won't name names, snagged up Hughes on waivers and everyone shrugged about it, lol. But if I had my way, and now that I'm drunk with power, that won't happen this year.

Sards

Sep 27, 2013

As for NCAA @The Zetterberg Era that's also a Yahoo thing. For our purposes, we have as a group decided that such players (Quinn Hughes last year) shouldn't be subject to waivers and will go into the draft pool next year. One of our teams here, won't name names, snagged up Hughes on waivers and everyone shrugged about it, lol. But if I had my way, and now that I'm drunk with power, that won't happen this year.

That was totally me (obviously)- I missed the memo on that. I will accept whatever punishment is dealt my way (my goalie situation should be punishment enough)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Missing out on Quinn Hughes was a lot less traumatic for me during this process than on his actual draft night...:laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
That was totally me (obviously)- I missed the memo on that. I will accept whatever punishment is dealt my way (my goalie situation should be punishment enough)

My decision is that I'm taking next year's first round pick from you. However, you shall appeal and I'll let it slide. So you get your pick back. Congratulations you're the New Jersey Devils.

Reactions: Sparty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad