OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Bench, awesome job. we really appreciate it!

I'm still figuring it all out!

Keepers are SET.

We are also doing a STRAIGHT DRAFT. So last place teams pick first each round. Not a fan of snake for low pick teams, because they pick 1st then don't pick again until the 20s. That's... busted. I flipped a coin and Holland's Revenge won the first pick. After that, Frked Up is 2nd.

I have no idea how to set a special expansion draft to start where they get to pick a few players each, so right now it's just set to they get the first picks of each round. We did all dump 2 extra keepers into the draft pool, so while the truly elite guys are gone, there's still a lot of nice talent available.

EDIT: OK I get the draft now. So basically all our keepers are assigned to draft picks in the rounds they come. The two expansion keeps will keep picking every single round from available players in the pool. Otherwise keepers are automatically selected to your roster with the next available draft picks. IF you have extra draft picks (Like @Eternal Sunshine has a billion extra) he'll get to draft in the earlier rounds sooner, having used his draft stock early on his keepers.

Around round 11 is when folks will be drafting in earnest. Early rounds should go very fast, though.

EDIT 2: LOL this is unreal. I went to submit the draft changes at exactly 1 hour before draft time. And it says you can't edit them 1 hour before... so... shit.

EDIT 3: Oh good the correct draft order saved, I think?

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Anyone know a way to update draft rankings on the mobile app?

Well, you have literally 1 minute. For some reason Yahoo locks out functions like that way ahead of time. No clue why.

Draft room opens up 15 minutes before the draft.

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
Thanks. I wasn’t able to figure it out so hopefully yahoos rankings aren’t awful.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Setting keepers now, sorry it's a little to the wire. But it's getting done, folks.

ALSO! MINOR RULE CHANGE! I'm making a big boy decision. Goalies are getting expanded to 5 years from draft or 55 NHL games for prospect status. This is a change we floated this off-season and seemed to have no objections.

I looked at all the goalie prospects and basically they all age out before they even play, save like... 2. This pushes goalie age out to around age 22-23 rather than 20-21. Keeping a player for 3 years on your bench to see them "age out" and take up a roster spot would be painful, so I'm creating more incentive to draft and develop goalies in our league.

We'll look at shifting goalie scoring/starts if required in the first few weeks, but not going to make any dramatic scoring changes right before the draft. Just letting you folks know if you want to draft a YOUNG goalie, don't feel like you're shooting yourself in the foot this year.

tyranny! raise the army to oppose the Bench! wait...oh, yeah. I like this rule. never mind.

Stand down the raising of armies!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Thanks. I wasn’t able to figure it out so hopefully yahoos rankings aren’t awful.

I looked them over and given who is left in our pool, they aren't too bad. Odds are you'd be taking a guy around the same draft ranking. Although where you might get burned is positions of need.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Holy hell is Yahoo management a mess. So the draft counter was ticking down, telling me draft was all good to go... and then kicked back an error saying one team had too many picks. And then... blew up everything.

Oh shit it changed it to auto draft automatically with the error. Are you kidding me. I watched a counter tick down saying "All good, see you in 30 minutes for the draft" then this... grumble.

Guys, literally can't change the draft time to now. Earliest time is 7PM PDT / 10 PM EST tonight. Unreal. Why can't I set it... now?

All because it gave Frk It one too many draft picks, without saying anything, and it aborted the whole time 15 minutes before.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I cannot seem to join a draft.

See above note. It automatically loaded too many draft picks to one team. Then, without saying there was a draft error at any point before, aborted the draft about 5 minutes ago. The EARLIEST I can set the draft is 2 hours from now. Why? Reasons. Who the f*** knows. I'm beyond annoyed.

We can wait 2 hours or push it another week. That's all I can do. I'm sorry, I'm cranky as hell here.

I fixed the error - but there's no way to set a draft sooner than 2 hours at any given time.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
who had too many picks? is there a way to void their last pick (since their roster will be full anyway) ?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
See above note. It automatically loaded too many draft picks to one team. Then, without saying there was a draft error at any point before, aborted the draft about 5 minutes ago. The EARLIEST I can set the draft is 2 hours from now. Why? Reasons. Who the **** knows. I'm beyond annoyed.

We can wait 2 hours or push it another week. That's all I can do. I'm sorry, I'm cranky as hell here.

All good, not going to lie, I might fall asleep before it starts but I will try. Is what it is.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
who had too many picks? is there a way to void their last pick (since their roster will be full anyway) ?

It loaded Frk It with 25 picks and Holland's Revenge with 23. One round Frk it had both picks. No clue why/how. I was just scrambling to submit the settings 1 hour before, so I actually didn't change anything other than keepers.

I manually fixed that issue, but only after I knew it was an issue... after it aborted the draft. And since Yahoo is brilliant, we can't change the time any sooner than 2 hours because, again, reasons.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It loaded Frk It with 25 picks and Holland's Revenge with 23. One round Frk it had both picks. No clue why/how. I was just scrambling to submit the settings 1 hour before, so I actually didn't change anything other than keepers.

I manually fixed that issue, but only after I knew it was an issue... after it aborted the draft. And since Yahoo is brilliant, we can't change the time any sooner than 2 hours because, again, reasons.

Yahoo feels more anti-expansion than Bettman to Quebec City...

I would think we would have more picks, I am confused at how this is going to go and have been since the beginning. I guess the goods news is I am only a couple hours away from knowing.:laugh:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yahoo feels more anti-expansion than Bettman to Quebec City...

I would think we would have more picks, I am confused at how this is going to go and have been since the beginning. I guess the goods news is I am only a couple hours away from knowing.:laugh:

It sounds like you get to make actual picks for the first 11 rounds while yahoo automatically fills out the rest of our rosters with the keepers we selected. so, you and @Frk It will get to pick from the larger pool first, and you don't end up with 30+ players instead of the 20-whatever we're supposed to carry.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It sounds like you get to make actual picks for the first 11 rounds while yahoo automatically fills out the rest of our rosters with the keepers we selected. so, you and @Frk It will get to pick from the larger pool first, and you don't end up with 30+ players instead of the 20-whatever we're supposed to carry.

Yeah they usually assign keepers to each round, that was what I was expecting somewhat, but it was hard to tell if that is how their system would work. I know that is how espn works in terms of a keeper taking a round while if you don't elect a keeper you reopen earlier picks.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

This is exactly right. Frk It and TZE will be selecting back and forth for the first 8-9 rounds without anyone else picking from the pool of players not on the keeper list.

Teams like Eternal Sunshine will draft earlier, because he stocked up a ton of 2nd and 3rd round picks and that will allow him to get in on the action sooner, having used those rounds to select the remainder of his keepers.

Keep in mind when drafting a player may still count as a prospect for OUR rules, but if he's an NHL player, he still counts towards your roster totals. So like I didn't keep Martin Necas because he's playing NHL games and would count immediately against my overall roster. I didn't have room because MacKenzie Blackwood is the same situation and on my NHL roster. Players listed as NA, you can have 3 of those tucked away.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think @The Zetterberg Era 's team looks pretty damn good for expansion. Poor Frk did not fare as well with auto draft, I'm afraid.

Thanks for bearing with me, everyone. It was fun! It's pretty clear everyone here follows hockey, because the draft was strong. Couldn't wait around for good players to fall, they all got snagged around where I expected.

Remember to set your lineups!

And as always, the trade lines are open. I love to wheel and deal.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think @The Zetterberg Era 's team looks pretty damn good for expansion. Poor Frk did not fare as well with auto draft, I'm afraid.

Thanks for bearing with me, everyone. It was fun! It's pretty clear everyone here follows hockey, because the draft was strong. Couldn't wait around for good players to fall, they all got snagged around where I expected.

Remember to set your lineups!

And as always, the trade lines are open. I love to wheel and deal.

tumblr_p36cijkx9n1qzhbquo3_500.gif

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I am more frustrated that i find out after the fact, i could have dropped my "prospects" and repicked them basically to pick sooner. I am ok with my team after i auto picked. Feel like i lost out on better talent because of this little hiccup that was found out after keepers were set and after the original draft time and for having the #4 overall pick.

Two other leagues i am in handle the draft/keeper similar, but without the ability of trading picks. Its a deep 16/18 team league and you only keep so many. If you keep less, pick sooner.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I am more frustrated that i find out after the fact, i could have dropped my "prospects" and repicked them basically to pick sooner. I am ok with my team after i auto picked. Feel like i lost out on better talent because of this little hiccup that was found out after keepers were set and after the original draft time and for having the #4 overall pick.

Two other leagues i am in handle the draft/keeper similar, but without the ability of trading picks. Its a deep 16/18 team league and you only keep so many. If you keep less, pick sooner.
Wouldn't someone else have the chance to draft your prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad