OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
If Frk It and Sunshine don't have their hearts in it, could we propose moving the Sunshine's team to TZE and doing without an expansion for this year then invite them back in next year? Might be easier to get a draft done with 12 vs 14 people. Just throwing it out there...

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
If Frk It and Sunshine don't have their hearts in it, could we propose moving the Sunshine's team to TZE and doing without an expansion for this year then invite them back in next year? Might be easier to get a draft done with 12 vs 14 people. Just throwing it out there...

Good idea, was about to say the same. Commissioner @Bench , lets get this going!

Draft tomorrow or saturday and we have a clean start on monday.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Good idea, was about to say the same. Commissioner @Bench , lets get this going!

Draft tomorrow or saturday and we have a clean start on monday.

My first decision is to push it to next week simply so everyone has adequate time to tweak their auto draft settings. And like was just mentioned, move/add teams. Losing a week sucks, but blindsiding people with a terrible draft that lasts all year would be worse. I'm going to sit down this weekend and get everything setup for us. Stand by for more news!

Reactions: turkleton85

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
My first decision is to push it to next week simply so everyone has adequate time to tweak their auto draft settings. And like was just mentioned, move/add teams. Losing a week sucks, but blindsiding people with a terrible draft that lasts all year would be worse. I'm going to sit down this weekend and get everything setup for us. Stand by for more news!

Our hero!

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

It's nice that you float this extra week idea as a way for my roster not to suck. Challenge accepted.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Sounds good to me. I can do any day next week after Monday!

Good thoughts to our guys going through some stuff right now!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ya, the news is I have 3 players in the top 10 in points getting wasted away because we haven't started yet!!! LETS GO @Bench!!!

Haha, ouch. I do feel bad about that. But we are DRAFTING THIS SUNDAY! I got swamped the last few days but I'm sitting down with it RIGHT NOW.

SUNDAY! 8PM Eastern time is a good blanket time. I know that's late as hell in Germany, and I am sympathetic, but if I set it earlier OTHER people won't be around.

Also keep in mind this is my first time toying with the Yahoo tools. So bear with me, as tweaks will be coming throughout the week. EDIT: For example, I literally can't find any way to change the settings. The link from the Yahoo e-mail just leads me to last years results... which is... you know, it's cool. EDIT 2: Yeah I literally can't find a way to change a single setting. I can view everything like normal but I don't have control to change anything. I'm a powerless figurehead.

So I hate to bug the busy guy, but @Eternal Sunshine ...

lKeO0o5.png

I think I'm the 2018 co-commish or something weird. Doesn't show me having any powers in our 2019 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantha39

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Haha, ouch. I do feel bad about that. But we are DRAFTING THIS SUNDAY! I got swamped the last few days but I'm sitting down with it RIGHT NOW.

SUNDAY! 8PM Eastern time is a good blanket time. I know that's late as hell in Germany, and I am sympathetic, but if I set it earlier OTHER people won't be around.

Also keep in mind this is my first time toying with the Yahoo tools. So bear with me, as tweaks will be coming throughout the week. EDIT: For example, I literally can't find any way to change the settings. The link from the Yahoo e-mail just leads me to last years results... which is... you know, it's cool. EDIT 2: Yeah I literally can't find a way to change a single setting. I can view everything like normal but I don't have control to change anything. I'm a powerless figurehead.

So I hate to bug the busy guy, but @Eternal Sunshine ...

lKeO0o5.png

I think I'm the 2018 co-commish or something weird. Doesn't show me having any powers in our 2019 season.

sunday 8pm is good!

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I can't be at the draft until it's over probably, so I'll try to do some pre-draft rankings.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
DRAFT IS SET FOR 8PM EST / 5PM PDT.

If you are unable to make it, please set your team draft rankings in advance of tomorrow evening. The computer will select the next available player from your list. Tomorrow I'll be reviewing all the keepers and make sure that's good to go.

Reactions: turkleton85

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
DRAFT IS SET FOR 8PM EST / 5PM PDT.

If you are unable to make it, please set your team draft rankings in advance of tomorrow evening. The computer will select the next available player from your list. Tomorrow I'll be reviewing all the keepers and make sure that's good to go.
Is it normal to have an empty roste right now? When do the keepers appear?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah, if I'm going to pre-rank my players it would help a whole lot to know who's being kept so I don't have to waste my time pre-ranking guys who end up as keepers on other teams.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Is it normal to have an empty roste right now? When do the keepers appear?

I have to finalize the rosters and approve all keeper picks first. Not everyone approved their 8 keepers plus the 3 prospects. So... I have to comb through and figure out which is which. Also to make sure the prospect keepers adhere to our rules. There's a chance I will misidentify a prospect that the person wanted to keep for another. Oops. But ideally people have 11 keepers. Some teams have 8 picked. Some 10. So... I'll do my damn best.

I have a busy weekend, this why I was hoping to do it Wednesday night, but I'll work on it tomorrow before the draft. And huge errors I can fix afterwards.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I have to finalize the rosters and approve all keeper picks first. Not everyone approved their 8 keepers plus the 3 prospects. So... I have to comb through and figure out which is which. Also to make sure the prospect keepers adhere to our rules. There's a chance I will misidentify a prospect that the person wanted to keep for another. Oops. But ideally people have 11 keepers. Some teams have 8 picked. Some 10. So... I'll do my damn best.

I have a busy weekend, this why I was hoping to do it Wednesday night, but I'll work on it tomorrow before the draft. And huge errors I can fix afterwards.

Do @Frk It and I just have the first 8 selections or something, I know I had asked this before and it is usually how a keeper draft works on other sites... Running around a decent bit today until dinner time, but will check back if you need me to do something before 8.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Do @Frk It and I just have the first 8 selections or something, I know I had asked this before and it is usually how a keeper draft works on other sites... Running around a decent bit today until dinner time, but will check back if you need me to do something before 8.

We never decided a lot of things as a group so basically I'm going to let it rip making decisions and take the heat from people here.

I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Setting keepers now, sorry it's a little to the wire. But it's getting done, folks.

ALSO! MINOR RULE CHANGE! I'm making a big boy decision. Goalies are getting expanded to 5 years from draft or 55 NHL games for prospect status. This is a change we floated this off-season and seemed to have no objections.

I looked at all the goalie prospects and basically they all age out before they even play, save like... 2. This pushes goalie age out to around age 22-23 rather than 20-21. Keeping a player for 3 years on your bench to see them "age out" and take up a roster spot would be painful, so I'm creating more incentive to draft and develop goalies in our league.

We'll look at shifting goalie scoring/starts if required in the first few weeks, but not going to make any dramatic scoring changes right before the draft. Just letting you folks know if you want to draft a YOUNG goalie, don't feel like you're shooting yourself in the foot this year.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad