OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
At this point why don't we just do a slow draft? We did it last time and it worked great if I remember correctly. Or Friday night. I'm ready to draft whenever.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
At this point why don't we just do a slow draft? We did it last time and it worked great if I remember correctly. Or Friday night. I'm ready to draft whenever.

Heh, I thought the draft went pretty quickly... .

My week is pretty wide open. I have the occasional appointment and what not but most are in the morning or afternoon. If it can be set up to where we can go in ahead of time and just build lists to autopick from, I'm fine with that.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
At this point, i dont know when ill be free. All my time is being scheduled up. Going on vacation this weekend with the wife. Had an open spot on Tuesday night but got free tickets to the wings game. Why are we talking about this during the first week of the friggin season??!?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
At this point, i dont know when ill be free. All my time is being scheduled up. Going on vacation this weekend with the wife. Had an open spot on Tuesday night but got free tickets to the wings game. Why are we talking about this during the first week of the friggin season??!?

Because we all have things come up. Vacation with the spouse, kid's birthday parties (my past weekend), family illnesses, school stuff (my every weekend it seems), etc. Eternal Sunshine may have just been busy/had a lot of real life stuff come up over the past month or two. I have one kid who seems to have two or three different appointments every week for the past month with the dentist, the orthodontist, etc. but after this week there's nothing for another month.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I am referring to in general for this. Not right now. Shouldnt this be something worked out during the offseason? Or as soon as Yahoo! opens fantasy hockey for the year? Out of the 6 teams I have for fantasy hockey, this has the least amount of teams and is the only one not scoring points yet.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Because we all have things come up. Vacation with the spouse, kid's birthday parties (my past weekend), family illnesses, school stuff (my every weekend it seems), etc. Eternal Sunshine may have just been busy/had a lot of real life stuff come up over the past month or two. I have one kid who seems to have two or three different appointments every week for the past month with the dentist, the orthodontist, etc. but after this week there's nothing for another month.
We should have a co commish for this very reason.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Mantha keeps saying we did a slow draft last year but I don't recall that, we did a Sunday night draft I think and it was done in a couple hours. I'm game with a slow draft though, it sounds like we'd be able to start the season a lot quicker if we do that. How does that work, do you just get an email or app notification if you're on the clock?

Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Mantha keeps saying we did a slow draft last year but I don't recall that, we did a Sunday night draft I think and it was done in a couple hours. I'm game with a slow draft though, it sounds like we'd be able to start the season a lot quicker if we do that. How does that work, do you just get an email or app notification if you're on the clock?

I could be thinking of another league. Either way it seems like the best option given everyone’s availability. It will just be in between 10am and 10pm everyday or something. Three hours to pick for the first few rounds then speed it up in later rounds.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
we didn't have a slow draft. The regular draft takes about an hour if people don't take up the whole clock every pick. I have a hard time believing ppl can't set an hour out of their day to draft especially when you can do it from your phone.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Works best with something like Facebook messanger or some system where you can tag who is OTC (on the Clock). I think with Yahoo you can set it up to have a longer time for drafting per pick. I could be wrong. Could set it for something like 10 hrs that way it doesn't stall out and it will autopick if you don't have something queued up. Even if we had a 24 hr clock for drafting, that rarely will ever expire from my experience. And allows you to craft your team more methodically instead of rush to pick the best guy and screw up.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
My phone

34857747_FT.png

Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
we didn't have a slow draft. The regular draft takes about an hour if people don't take up the whole clock every pick. I have a hard time believing ppl can't set an hour out of their day to draft especially when you can do it from your phone.

then let’s pick a time and get this over with lol

let’s do a weeknight next week so we all have time to plan ahead.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd be willing to co-commish and spearhead this. Paging @Eternal Sunshine .

But yes, let's pick a day, normal draft, and that's that. No, not everyone will be there. That was true last year as well. But we'll set it at least a week out so everyone can have time to adjust their autodraft settings.

And to get this thing rolling, we'll just have to make some big boy calls about our new expansion teams and deal with imperfect systems. But luckily it's not a money league, it's for fun, and I think that goal is easily achieved.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'd be willing to co-commish and spearhead this. Paging @Eternal Sunshine .

But yes, let's pick a day, normal draft, and that's that. No, not everyone will be there. That was true last year as well. But we'll set it at least a week out so everyone can have time to adjust their autodraft settings.

And to get this thing rolling, we'll just have to make some big boy calls about our new expansion teams and deal with imperfect systems. But luckily it's not a money league, it's for fun, and I think that goal is easily achieved.
I second this

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'll prob have no internets this weekend.

Keepers

Mathews
Tkachuk
Trouba
Mantha
Gibson
Pettersson
Aho
Svech

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
yeah sorry guys i am having a super turbulent time in my personal life right now and ive been slacking on this

i will make bench co commissioner and will gladly play but yeah i just am super distracted with mental health and day to day stuff

Reactions: Winger98

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
yeah sorry guys i am having a super turbulent time in my personal life right now and ive been slacking on this

i will make bench co commissioner and will gladly play but yeah i just am super distracted with mental health and day to day stuff

You don't owe us shit. Take care of you. Truly. Pretend sports management will be here.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Going through something similar on my end. Sending some good vibes your way, buddy.

If anyone would like my spot for the league, they are welcome to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->