OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Drouin with another -1.60 as of now. Unless he does something in OT.

So for those playing at home, that's 7 games for a grand total of -1.30.

And yet, somehow, I still can't stay away because he's playing on a good line with Armia and Suzuki and he's on the top PP! Like what the hell.
Cry me a river!!!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Cry me a river!!!

Yes well, I also had Weber, Gusev, and Foligno on the bench and they had a bunch of points! Malkin with 1.3 points?! Dude is a BUST. THIS IS THE WORST DAY EVER.

MacKenzie Blackwood is life right now, though. NJ literally cannot stop giving up 40 to 60 shots a game. And he like... stops most of them. It's a fine time for his numbers at the moment.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Vilardi still doesn't have NA status. :madfire:

Yo, @martinez

Ricelund owns the rights to Vilardi. We let him drop his ass to waivers because Yahoo can't seem to figure out how to give him NA status and it was locking out his roster.

However, and this is an important however... Ricelund did fill all 3 of his NA slots in the meantime. Are you circumventing the rules? HMMMM?

Anyway, I just don't want our boy Ricelund to lose a player when I told him it was cool to drop him because Yahoo can't seem to figure out an AHL player should have NA status in their damn league.

Reactions: Ricelund

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Bjorkstrand out for the season now. Had 3 goals in the last 4 games and generated a million shots a game.

Big loss for the playoffs. Another injury and my super team isn't quite so spooky.
We just need this to happen to a couple of your top 50 guys and we might have a chance!!!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We just need this to happen to a couple of your top 50 guys and we might have a chance!!!

That's my secret, though. I don't have the super top players. I just have a ton of guys performing all around the top 50-100 any given time. And sneaky elite guys like Kopitar. I feel like nobody gives two shits about Kopitar but here he is plugging away rank 58.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
@Ricelund

Martinez was a bro and dropped your boy. Pick him back up when he's off waivers again. At this point in the season I'd just hang onto him until the off-season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yo, @martinez

Ricelund owns the rights to Vilardi. We let him drop his ass to waivers because Yahoo can't seem to figure out how to give him NA status and it was locking out his roster.

However, and this is an important however... Ricelund did fill all 3 of his NA slots in the meantime. Are you circumventing the rules? HMMMM?

Anyway, I just don't want our boy Ricelund to lose a player when I told him it was cool to drop him because Yahoo can't seem to figure out an AHL player should have NA status in their damn league.

Can we use this same logic to draft college hockey players or would it become too big of a pain? Like you make it known in the 8th round next year your actual pick is Alex Turcotte (Zegras whomever) and draft a really low ranked player that nobody wants... Just an idea. I really hate that we are blocked from certain prospects, especially my Team USA guys...:laugh:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Last year Phil Hughes was signed at the end of the year and I think we initially agreed that nobody could claim him and then someone did and we didn't really fight back on it and I think we allowed them to designate him as a keeper rather than cause a fuss.

We probably should think about whether we just want whoever has highest waiver claim get Zegras/etc and decide whether or not it's fair to allow these players to be designated as keepers straight out of college if they get signed and play right after their college season is over. Since you can only get them by having the highest waiver claim that's not always going to the worst team and not everyone really has a shot at them.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Last year Phil Hughes was signed at the end of the year and I think we initially agreed that nobody could claim him and then someone did and we didn't really fight back on it and I think we allowed them to designate him as a keeper rather than cause a fuss.

We probably should think about whether we just want whoever has highest waiver claim get Zegras/etc and decide whether or not it's fair to allow these players to be designated as keepers straight out of college if they get signed and play right after their college season is over. Since you can only get them by having the highest waiver claim that's not always going to the worst team and not everyone really has a shot at them.

If it's up to me (and it might be), I don't want any players like that claimed until the draft.

It's a Yahoo issue, honestly. So we have to work around it.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

we were sort of wishy washy on making decisions last season. We'd spitball ideas and then not really go with anything and then someone would step in and just claim someone and sort of make the decision for us.

Because of Yahoo's system it seems hard to enforce, but for guys who aren't signed by our trade deadline, I think they should be pushed into next season's draft. Just not sure how to enforce it outside of constant policing by the powers that be. Which kind of sucks for the powers.

edit: what Bench said.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Obv I meant Quinn, sorry.

Looks like we're just playing for seeding now. Won my last ten now and I still can't catch the Bullmoose.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Obv I meant Quinn, sorry.

Looks like we're just playing for seeding now. Won my last ten now and I still can't catch the Bullmoose.

When one of my guys runs cold, another one goes fire. It's pretty crazy. I've been super lucky that way. FOR EXAMPLE...

Elvis just left the game with an injury... that's bad.
Korpisalo is back from his 2 month absence... that's good!

Elvis, after shredding everyone with that massive win streak and tons of shutouts, hasn't won a game in 7 starts. But during that time, who is now the big dog? The demi-god himself MacKenzie Blackwood (#6 in points last 30 days). Dude is single-handedly ruining the Devils tank.

Reactions: Sparty

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
damn, so now markstrom goes down...my goalies, at one point all ranked in the top 40, are all on IR

Markstrom
Kuemper
Ulmark

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I was hoping Talbot would start instead of Rittich, Sards needs a goalie start more than I did right now.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I was hoping Talbot would start instead of Rittich, Sards needs a goalie start more than I did right now.

They play again tomorrow.

But yeah, it's going to be razor close. Could determine the #1 seed.

Shame @The Zetterberg Era is tanking now and not filling all his spots, though. Don't make me kick more people! I've gone crazy with power.

Reactions: Sparty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad