OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
I was hoping Talbot would start instead of Rittich, Sards needs a goalie start more than I did right now.
My goalie depth scares me especially that Lehner went to Vegas. That and Stammer being out the rest of the season is going to hurt my chances.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't you start with me!

I will let another Wings fan explain it to you...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
They play again tomorrow.

But yeah, it's going to be razor close. Could determine the #1 seed.

Shame @The Zetterberg Era is tanking now and not filling all his spots, though. Don't make me kick more people! I've gone crazy with power.

If Talbot would have been in net yesterday he would have had one more goalie start this week, and he benched him today while he had a twenty point shutout. Tough decision. Might be the difference between a win and a loss.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If Talbot would have been in net yesterday he would have had one more goalie start this week, and he benched him today while he had a twenty point shutout. Tough decision. Might be the difference between a win and a loss.

Man, I thought I was done for when I saw the duds some of my guys have been putting up. Then Gusev comes out of nowhere and is my leading scorer this week. Um, hello? 35 points from Gusev this week, 7 from Malkin. Mostly I'm not going to win if Malkin puts up 7 damn points all week.

I have 4 players in the Kings vs. Knights game, so that'll basically determine everything. Plus Sards has Fleury in that one.

If I lose this one, it will come down to a points race between the two of us. You have a lead there.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I have a tough matchup next week with Hammett next week too, so I could tie it up this week and just as easily lose next week. You pretty much have a bye next week.

That was painful to watch Vancouver put all them shots on net and choke it away.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I have a tough matchup next week with Hammett next week too, so I could tie it up this week and just as easily lose next week. You pretty much have a bye next week.

That was painful to watch Vancouver put all them shots on net and choke it away.

I didn't quite expect a 34 save shutout from ol' Cory Schneider. Then Kopitar potted 2 goals to make it look like a sure thing. Whew. Sweating that one. I really wanted this first round bye!

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
Terrible decision in hindsight but Stalock has been hot lately. I guess I’m glad that it doesn’t look like it’ll end up deciding our matchup.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Terrible decision in hindsight but Stalock has been hot lately. I guess I’m glad that it doesn’t look like it’ll end up deciding our matchup.

Good example why goalies actually aren't as overtuned as I initially thought. I think a lot of those points end up on the bench, if you have more than 2 starters.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Do we want playoff reseeding on?

So after each round the top and bottom seeds remaining face off.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
This is it! The final week of the regular season!

Looks like the playoff spots may be locked now. I don't think Martinez or Prez could win the tiebreaker with Turk.

So the final 6 standing are the Bullmoose, Spartys, Hammett, sards, Timbits, and Turk.

I believe the only new playoff participants this year are myself and Timbits. Sparty is looking for his second title in as many seasons.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I should have been a seller at the deadline lol. I have 2 significant players on ir and I don't see them coming back for my playoff run lmao

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I should have been a seller at the deadline lol. I have 2 significant players on ir and I don't see them coming back for my playoff run lmao

That frustration must be amplified times a million for real life sports managers. Sometimes you can make all the right moves to put your team in a spot to win, but if your players get hurt, well, that's a lost season! And with a window being so short in the salary cap era, ugh, talk about frustrating.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm glad I made a deal for Rask but I'm still not sure it's going to be enough. My goalies are all going the wrong way right now, Rittich, Anderson and Dell are all now getting outplayed by their teammates and losing a bunch of starts.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm glad I made a deal for Rask but I'm still not sure it's going to be enough. My goalies are all going the wrong way right now, Rittich, Anderson and Dell are all now getting outplayed by their teammates and losing a bunch of starts.

Dude tell me about it. Now I have to worry about Cory Schneider stealing starts on a Devils team that has given up? That guy has been awful (sans last night) and now I might have to rely on him at the most important part of the season. The Devils are a tire fire without Blackwood but I don't think they really care at this point. Why kill your promising young starter at the end of a meaningless year.

Allen is stealing starts from Binnington as they rest him going into the playoffs. Korpisalo might get basically every start for Columbus if his knee doesn't explode. But they might start splitting with Elvis...

If everyone could just play one goalie 60+ games that would really help me out here.

Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Only nightmares with Karlsson anymore are all the games missed and the huge contract, but yeah that thing in Ottawa just really went sideways.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Only nightmares with Karlsson anymore are all the games missed and the huge contract, but yeah that thing in Ottawa just really went sideways.

He's still had 85 points in 109 games for the Sharks. That's an undeniably elite talent from the blueline.

He broke his thumb this year. Could happen to anyone. Not sure I'd call that a big career injury concern.

EDIT:

Looked up defender production over the last 2 seasons. Here's the list of guys who have played the last 2 years and have more production than Karlsson.

Carlson
Burns
Krug
Hedman
Josi

That's it. San Jose has been underwhelming, but I'd say Karlsson is producing about a top 5 level is about what you'd expect. You'll note his teammate is #2 on that list. It's not surprising when you have two elite options, they both won't produce at the same level as if they were the only option. They are the only teammates to appear anywhere in the top 20. Since Karlsson's injury, Burns' production has increased this season due to getting all the minutes.

So yes, it's a big boy contract, but he's still in elite company. We're not talking about the ghost of PK Subban here. The Senators are far worse off without Erik Karlsson right now, contract and all.

Last edited:

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Came up short but a marked improvement over last year. How many keepers for next season. Have to figure out my D sitch.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Came up short but a marked improvement over last year. How many keepers for next season. Have to figure out my D sitch.

8 keepers. 3 prospects. You can use "roll-over" prospects, too. What that means is if the prospect is still within 3 years since his draft but has just now eclipsed 55 games, he could be retained using one of your prospect spots.

If the player had over 55 games to start this season, he would not qualify. If he only hit over 55 this season, he could still qualify if a 2017 or later prospect.

You will always be forced to retain 11 spots exactly to keep draft picks equal.

Keepers can be sorted during the summer before our draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad