OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Have a much needed bye week. Have some pretty significant injuries that need to heal up before I can even think about contending.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Have a much needed bye week. Have some pretty significant injuries that need to heal up before I can even think about contending.

I'm happy to have another week to see how my goalies shake out. Kinda foggy on how their usage will go down the stretch.

Should be a great playoffs here. I can honestly see any of the 6 teams walking away with it. It's all about hitting a hot week!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
feeling like a first round exit for my guys when I look at Spartys line up

Looks pretty even to me. It might come down to if Kyle Connor can continue his 5 game goal streak.

I didn't think he'd bust out so hard this year, good lord. Somehow I goofed that trade, even though the players I got back are still great.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
kevin fiala ... i traded for him because he had a nice little hot streak and duclair had cooled down in a big way. i thught maybe he'd help me slip into the playoffs....and now i might consider tagging him as a keeper

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
kevin fiala ... i traded for him because he had a nice little hot streak and duclair had cooled down in a big way. i thught maybe he'd help me slip into the playoffs....and now i might consider tagging him as a keeper

That's a tough call. I was honestly in the same spot with Bjorkstrand until his ankle injury. Was seriously eyeing him if his production kept going. Ah well, now I'll never know.

And right now Shea Theodore has entered the conversation. Picked him up as a depth guy in the draft but he's a lot more than that. Soared to #52 in our league and since DeBoer has taken over Vegas, he's way more involved in the offense.

Interesting note for those that like Gallant as a coach (courtesy of the Yahoo fantasy app)... The Knights blueline had 80 points in 49 games this year with him. Under DeBoer they have 50 points in 21 games. Nice uptick in production from their rear guards. Definitely a stylistic difference.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
feeling like a first round exit for my guys when I look at Spartys line up

The Yahoo projection has you beating me.

I am not going to get many goalie points this week I don't think. Rask should get two starts, Anderson will hopefully get two, I'll be happy if I get one from Rittich and Dell should get one in a back to back. If you have a good situation in net I think you'll probably come out ahead there.

Should be a nice matchup!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
@Hammettf2b

Just saw Tatar out indefinitely. Ouch. Sorry for your loss. I know he was the lynchpin that made you move Malkin. And until this injury, it was working out great for you.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
if its not one injury its another. story of my life

Hey man, I feel you. I think everyone is sleeping on how big a hit losing Bjorkstrand is for me. He was averaging more points per game than Tatar, for example, and was my leading goal scorer. I moved Petry for him, which seemed fair, but ya know... injuries.

I was feeling like a lock with him on board, but my fringe guys like Saad, Armia, and McCann have been... ehhhhh. Spotty to say the least. Going to end up living and dying on my blueline production.

There's a few guys like Backlund I regret dropping to keep some of them, that's for sure. Henrique is another. Damn my impatience!

I don't know who dropped Gusev and Fox, but those two have been money for me down the stretch. Win some, lose some.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
There's a few guys like Backlund I regret dropping to keep some of them, that's for sure. Henrique is another. Damn my impatience!

Backlund has been money for me. It's funny because I traded Tkachuk mostly for Rask and picked up Backlund around the same time. Then Calgary got Backlund and Tkachuk on a line together and they have both been on fire.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I think we'll be back, it will be interesting to see how long the rest of the season is and if Yahoo can slap together a playoff bracket with the remaining games. Even though the Wings fate is already decided I can't accept it's all done. I think they'll decide a champ this season somehow before they begin another season.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think we'll be back, it will be interesting to see how long the rest of the season is and if Yahoo can slap together a playoff bracket with the remaining games. Even though the Wings fate is already decided I can't accept it's all done. I think they'll decide a champ this season somehow before they begin another season.

I can't see the NHL walking away from the playoff revenue. I'm expecting the league to reopen and just finish out the season. How Yahoo will accommodate everything is anyone's guess. Pretty lousy way to end the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad