HFWF: The Reboot VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Listen here, Mr. Boring 5* Wrestler. You go and have your fun long matches where you kill your body. I'm what brings the crowd into the arena. When you can't walk in about 10 years, i'll be driving a boat in the gulf of Mexico. I'll throw money in the water and watch @Disclose swim after it to pay rent.

*AHEM*

6 STARS

And you can drive that boat, all these titles I win, as MR GRAND SLAM, i will hire a driver and sit on the bow

Reactions: UnrealMachine

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh cool. I'm sure in school you also got pass or fail instead of real grades to make you feel special. 5 stars is the top. You are an amazing wrestler. Nobody ever questions that. But all of your titles combined couldn't buy one of my suits. AND if it weren't for @El Dandy and the golden shovel, i'd still be YOUR HFWF World Champion.

Now if only I can remember who i took that title from.... hmmmph. Can your "6 star" memory remind me?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WON notes

- At one point, Mitchy was pegged to have “the big moment” at Night to Remember, but those plans changed at some point during Legendary AC’s heel run last year.

- MCG wanted to give the crowd a shock ending, which is why he was essentially squashed in the main event of Night to Remember. No word on what his status is going to be as an in-ring competitor moving forward, but early reports are he is fit into next years Night to Remember plans and will still be an on-screen character with the machine.

- End of Line was put over big by being - and Dave says he has to look this up for verification - but possibly the first wrestler to kick out of the GSC in the HFWF. End of Line may be next up for a title match, but there’s also rumours of an End of Line vs. El Dandy program. Dave speculates the logical path to End of Line’s arc is ultimately a match with MCG.

- There was a late push by some officials to have PWC vs. Outcasts open and then put SeidoN & Serac in the TLC match and win the belts, but MCG was not having that. It’s said all members of The Outcasts are going to have “big” roles in the KOW G1.

- Some bumps and bruises coming out of the TLC match, but somehow, no one was seriously hurt. Falco probably came out worse with his shoulder, but he now has 5 days to rest as he’s competing.

- Conflicting info Dave is being told is on one hand, numerous sources that he trusts tell him Legendary AC is going to have a long title reign as the undisputed “ace” of the HFWF. Not quite Okada long, but possibly the longest in HFWF history. On the contrary, different sources tell Dave that AC’s run may be shorter than expected. Dave doesn’t see how it ends before the KOW PPV as all of AC’s matches are tournament matches. Theoretically, Gong could cash in on the first night of Block B matches, but Dave’s heard that MCG doesn’t want to soil the tournament implications like that. There is a very good chance we see two briefcases floating around in the HFWF for a little is the impression Dave has gotten, and something most of his sources agree upon.

- At one point, before El Dandy returned at Limitless, El Dandy vs. PeterSidorkiewicz was being considered for Night to Remember. Dandy vs. Omni, and Dandy vs. CrimsonSkorpion were also considered but MCG couldn't track down CrimsonSkorpion.

- The Blueprint looks geared up to be a top heel stable and depending on what happens with The Machine, THE top heel stable. With The Outcasts pulling off that win against the PWC, cementing themselves as top faces, it seems that those two stables may be on a war path down the road.

- Dave takes time at the end of praise Disclose vs. Fro. He says Fro was already established, and Disclose has been on a great run but needed that something extra and this was it. He says it’s one of the greatest matches he’s ever seen, on the Okada/Omega level, and that it was a star making performance for Disclose. Dave doesn’t see how things work out at the top of the card on the face side with AC, Mitchy, SeidoN & Serac on top there, and the heel side may need something, but says there’s no way people are going to turn on Disclose now and they want to cheer him. Dave speculates if someone from the face side turns heel to pave the way to put Disclose in the upper echelon on that side, or if we just see a more crowded face side as the HFWF doesn’t strictly adhere to face/heel dynamics anyways. Dave says when he heard a match was going 60 minutes or so, he had a feeling it was this one or MCG/AC, and when he saw this one sandwiched in the middle, he automatically assumed MCG/AC and was happy to be wrong.

- Dave continues his opinion piece saying Fro winning the title opens up a path for brand new challengers now with excellent stories. Dave mentions Falco Lombardi, whose partner, Cor, is filming a movie around his G1 schedule and says that’s a possibility. SeidoN, Serac and Mitchy would all be intriguing matches for the All Class Title, and even wonders if Fro vs. End of Line may be in the cards.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Can't wait to superkick @ColePens

Only regret is it won't be televised so fans won't be able to YouTube it over and over again.

How do I know you make minimum wage? Because @Cor carries you week in/week out. And when @Cor is carrying ANYONE... then I know life is rough. I might donate some hand-me-downs to you because I feel bad.

Oh and tell @Cor his cool gas station sunglasses are super wicked.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
3B2E914E-D394-4087-ABD0-78730C7DB96E.jpeg

Join me my brother...

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Okay I got to absorb everything and some thoughts:
-My gut feeling from MCG's hints about an epic match was that match was going to be Fro and Disclose, and got that one right. I figured this was going to be the one since they both keep putting fantastic matches throughout HF's new history so it only made sense.

-That was probably match of the promotions history IMO, I wasnt around during old HF, but its definitely my pick for best match since the new iteration.

-As a fan of wrestling I love warring factions, and I have always loved managers here and there for select wrestlers. So I am absolutely loving faction wars/mini factions/ and allegiances between factions. Can't wait to see an allegiance breakup leading to a battle possibly

-A little torn on Gong vs. EoL. I love how strong EoL is built up, but as a huge fan of the diamond cutter or RKO, it makes me sad to see so many kickouts out of it. But it also makes EoL look like a badass so I get it

-ColePens is probably the best fleshed out character I can think of. The seemless transition from Flair to Edge to Jericho has been awesome, and it was just subtle changes over time that kinda morphed him. I am super curious as to where his character goes next, does he still hang with PWC? Does Dandy take over as their leader? Does PWC just start to crumble?

-Also, where do Bon and Paris go from here as a team? Curious as well. I love the gimmick but would like to see them get some W's as well

-Unsure about where Emp goes now too, I am curious if we continue as a team or not

-MCG vs. AC match definitely shocked me, I had to re-read and make sure my oldass phone didnt do a super frozen scroll or something. I like it because I have no idea how MCG is going to react to this match.

- An extra shoutout to Catalyst for all the extra stuff he adds to the whole experience. I don't think his t-shirt post got enough credit, the designs were awesome and it would be pretty funny to actually use a t-shirt company making website and make our own tees. :laugh: Shotout to El Dandy too for all the extra stuff he adds to make it fun here.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think the highest rated matches in HFWF history by Cid were 5 ratings for MCG/AC at NTR iirc.

Disclose/Fro is definitely the best match I ever remember writing tbh. That octopus hold into a Texas cloverleaf into a guillotine popped me.

Reactions: Fro

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yo that feeling when you wake up after a PPV and KIRK still missing, so you only have to read like 10 new posts.
i guess we're all wrecked from the war.

Ah realizing i dont have my ACC anymore makes me sad. but even after the defeat I think i won more than i could ask.
6* match against the best and blowing up the roof of the United Centre on the biggest night of the year.
Nothing to be ashamed here. Onto BIGGER things. Ill see you soon anyways Fro.

@PeterSidorkiewicz bring that stupid friends of yours. we're cracking that bottle with Brudda and Stash.
a year of love/hate!

ANIMO!

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
yo that feeling when you wake up after a PPV and KIRK still missing, so you only have to read like 10 new posts.
i guess we're all wrecked from the war.

Ah realizing i dont have my ACC anymore makes me sad. but even after the defeat I think i won more than i could ask.
6* match against the best and blowing up the roof of the United Centre on the biggest night of the year.
Nothing to be ashamed here. Onto BIGGER things. Ill see you soon anyways Fro.

@PeterSidorkiewicz bring that stupid friends of yours. we're cracking that bottle with Brudda and Stash.
a year of love/hate!

ANIMO!

I will bring the burrito bowls. Muy authentico from Chipotle.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
WOR Notes:

Gongshow is unhappy with what took place at NTR. He was aware of the outcome of EoL going over but that wasnt the issue.

He felt as though their match could have gone on another 3-5 minutes but was cut off at the 13 mark. Also wasnt particularly thrilled with 2 GSC kickouts. While he understands it's the biggest show of them all and needed some shocking moments, 2 seemed to dampen the finisher over all. #ProtectFinishers

With a rumored Okada like run in line for @The Catalyst it will be interesting to see where Gongshow and his Briefcase, that doesnt expire for another few months, go.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
KIRK still missing

HF Detective @LockerroomLawyer
People are overlooking this tragedy. Lost in NTR & KOW G1 hyp, people are forgetting a crime was committed. @KIRK was savagely attacked in the lobby of the Ritz-Carlton Chicago and the culprit is still at large.

I'm considering this an open investigation, and I'm naming my first suspects: @Mitchy @Serac & @SeidoN . They had the most to gain from KIRK being incapacitated. Second suspect (thanks to @Dr Pepper for the anonymous tip) is Guadalupe. Perhaps it was a lovers quarrel gone wrong?

Calm Jim Cornette @CalmCornette
@Lockerroomlawyer GOD DAMN @KIRK HAS MORE ENEMIES THAN TRUMP IT COULD BE ANYBODY! KIRK OWES PEOPLE A LOT OF MONEY FROM HIS BINGO HALL DAYS. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, NEW JACK HAS GONE ON RECORD SAYING "I'm gonna get that honky-lipped motherf***er unless he pays me the $200,000 he owes me."

excellent point, @CalmCornette. New Jack has made public threats against @KIRK so I'm comfortable naming him my 3rd suspect. If anybody has any more information on potential suspects PLEASE COME FORWARD #Justice4Kirk

QmBwRQ0.png

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The beautiful thing about AC/MCG is I’m sure half of you thought “swerve with the result line posted there.” :laugh:

I told someone the first time I did it that now people are going to expect it when they see AC beat me in 4 minutes and think it’s a swerve, except I gave that to Fro/Disclose instead and legit got squashed :laugh:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm curious to see the directions of a lot of people.

-Cor is filming a movie? Is Falco getting a singles push?

- Peter & Eddy have felt a bit in limbo. Maybe they step up as tag challengers? Eddy going to turn on Peter?

-Paris & Bon are now in a clear..."moral victory" streak. Something going to give there?

- and finally ColePens. Loses the title, loses both his NTR matches. What's next for him and the PWC? I agree with whoever said he's the best character in terms of being fleshed out.

Reactions: ColePens

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
The Outcasts had the most to gain from Kirk being out? Why? He doesnt do anything other than run his mouth smh
HF Detective @Lockerroomlawyer
AH HA! That's something someone who's trying cover up their tracks WOULD say
Outcasts had the most to gain because @KIRK is the straw that stirs the PWC drink. It stands to reason that the PWC were at a disadvantage because he wasn't at ringside to direct traffic and give his advice to his clients

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Tommaso%2BCiampa%2BBackstage%2BTalk.gif

Winning and losing is simply a concept perpetuated by the outdated standards of professional wrestling. Victory comes from within and how you elevate the other talent and the company you belong to therefore my best friend @Paris in Flames and I have really not taken a defeat at all since all we do is continue to make marks on the division for people to get excited over. Ya'll are very welcome for all of this.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
HF Detective @Lockerroomlawyer
AH HA! That's something someone who's trying cover up their tracks WOULD say
Outcasts had the most to gain because @KIRK is the straw that stirs the PWC drink. It stands to reason that the PWC were at a disadvantage because he wasn't at ringside to direct traffic and give his advice to his clients

KIRK is the walrus glue that sticks PWC together.
without KIRK the Outcast knew they were gonna have the easy victory.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wanted to give a quick shout to @M.C.G. 31 . Way to keep MY title for a long time. 4 minutes. 4 solid minutes. Great stuff.

PWC... I know i was the one pinned and my mind was on Dandy, but look at this. This is what the golden shovel did to the machine. So I got this. We got this. PWC 4 lyfe. Let's get my title back!

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
WOR Notes:

Gongshow is unhappy with what took place at NTR. He was aware of the outcome of EoL going over but that wasnt the issue.

He felt as though their match could have gone on another 3-5 minutes but was cut off at the 13 mark. Also wasnt particularly thrilled with 2 GSC kickouts. While he understands it's the biggest show of them all and needed some shocking moments, 2 seemed to dampen the finisher over all. #ProtectFinishers

With a rumored Okada like run in line for @The Catalyst it will be interesting to see where Gongshow and his Briefcase, that doesnt expire for another few months, go.

Gong gonna start shitting in briefcases soon smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad