We did it, @jbell886.

What a ****ing battle.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Via Cid Phoenix of WrestleBlog.net

My review of NIGHT TO REMEMBER 2020.

Hello all you true heroes of the internet. WOW. What a night. Truly lived up to its name as it is sure to be one I will remember for a long time. It really felt like MCG and the entire roster read my reviews and took it as a personal challenge to go all in tonight. Which as I found out this weekend might possibly be true as both MCG and El Dandy made comments that highly implied they do. But enough of that, let's get to what just happened. As per usual I will give my ratings for each match by Phoenix Fire which rates how on fire or “lit” it was. Let’s go.

COLEPENS vs. EL DANDY
My Pick = El Dandy

Really hot start to this show. Dandy and Cole did meet a few times in the old HFWF but nothing like this. This was really personal, which is really something as Dandy has not been back that long so to have this much heat between the two make you think the heat was legit. There were a few moments that legit looked like they were trying to hurt each other. One that really comes to mind is the DDT off the apron to the floor and I was sure Dandy was going to be paralysed. The near falls all were played to perfection and you were not sure if it really could be the end. That was of course until the actual end where Dandy drops Cole on his head using a double overhook pile driver...not once but twice, the first time onto the floor.
Rating - 4.5 Fires.
One last note was seeing Unreal and Scandale Upset by this outcome. If Cole does end up leaving the Machine over this the PWC could remain united.

THE GONGSHOW vs. END OF LINE
My Pick = End of Line

For End of Lines first match back it was an overall really good match. In hindsight I think people will say this was the “worst of the night” but really that is only possibly true in the context of the other matches as in my mind, this was still a really good match. Was there any over the top crazy spots like the other matches? No. Was it a fast paced free wheeling match? Again no. But given the combatants you should not have expected that as they are not known for that. I know some people will say this was “boring” but they would have been missing the story this match was telling. I Personally think this feud is not done yet.
Rating - 4.0 Fires.

HFWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH; TABLES, LADDERS & CHAIRS
FALCO LOMBARDI & COR (c) vs. EMPEROREDDY & PETERSIDORKIEWICZ vs. DR PEPPER & JBELL vs. BONMORRISON & PARIS IN FLAMES
My Pick = Jbell and Pepper (Blueprint)

The same people who said the last match was boring will probably say this was the Match of the Night. This was non stop action and high spots. It was hard to keep up with the carnage at times. But I’d be lying if I said I didn;t think it was non stop fun. All eight of these guys are going to need the time from now till Thursday to recoup. Well maybe not Jbell and Pepper as they were the only ones left standing at the end. One thing I want to say is watching a match like this on TV really limits you. The camera can only focus on what it wants you to. But live and being able to look at any one of the eight guys you wanted to at any moment really changes how you appreciate a match like this with so many guys involved. Yeah there are set spots that they have to hit to keep it flowing but there were a few moments where I swear I caught guys doing stuff on the fly because one guy literally could not make it to their next spot in time. It was a treat to watch and I don;t know if I will appreciate a match like this on TV anymore knowing what I know now goes on when the camera is not pointed at what they want you to focus on.
Rating - 4.5 Fires.

HFWF ALL CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
DISCLOSE (c) vs. FRO
My Pick = Disclose

…(Cid looks up and scratches his cheek that has a fine growth of five o clock shadow.. Cid claps his hands as he ponders what t say, Cid Scratches his nose still thinking what words will give this match justice. Cid Sighs and places his hands on the keyboard.)
Rating - 5.5 Fires.
Yeah 5 is the max but come on if you watched it you know. I was sitting there after the match with everyone else knowing I had just witnessed something that can never be duplicated. We had witnessed history and all I could think was, how do you go on after that? How will AC and MCG even top that? I know they could...but how? When I predicted Disclose I had said I felt Fro would win in the near future I just did not think it would be so soon. The Blueprint now has a lot of gold.

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
THE OUTCASTS (MITCHY, SEIDON & SERAC) vs. THE PENGUINS WRECKING CREW (COLEPENS, UNREALMACHINE & SCANDALE DU JOUR)
My Pick = Outcasts (Mitchy, Serac, SeidoN)

Pat of me was hoping this would be tornado rules but I think the regular tag rules worked well. After the early brawl once everyone was in their corner the match started slow which was probably a good idea. After that last match the crowd needed a cool down period. The match was paced perfectly as the slow start slowly began to build in tension and intensity. Then when the time was right it kicked back into high gear and the crowd was ready. The expected high spots were pulled off and in the end the Outcasts vanquined the PWC to claim the title of best faction...well in this match, The Blueprint may have a legitimate claim to the Best in HFWF. I can only hope Blueprint and Outcasts is the next feud and will settle that.
Rating - 4.0 Fires.

HFWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
IF LEGENDARY AC LOSES, HE MUST JOIN THE MACHINE
MCG (c) vs. LEGENDARY AC
My Pick = AC

Well as I said, after the Fro and Disclose match I had legitimate said to myself I know Ac and MCG can top that, but how. The answer seemed to be to not even try but instead throw a major swerve at everyone. Absolutely no one expected this outcome. After the spot where they went through the barrier I think the collective thought was they were going to throw everything at each other including the kitchen sink. Instead AC drops MCG with three Chaos Triggers and ends it in under five minutes.This was a shock to everyone and I think had a much better reaction than if it had been a one hour battle. It was the perfect choice to catch everyone off guard. So many people were shouting “what just happened?” I know there were a few people who had gone to the washroom or concessions because they were expecting an hour long battle and I felt bad for them they just missed that amazing moment of AC winning the championship. I mean you would think with my hatred of squashes I should dislike this but no. As I said this was the exact correct call by these two to get the perfect reaction to end this amazing show.
Rating - 4.0 Fires.

This was an amazing couple days and while I am sad I have to head home tomorrow morning this was indeed a night and weekend to Remember. I can’t wait to see the fallout on Thursday and of course the beginning of the G1 tournament. I’m Cid Phoenix, See you all Thursday.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Reports out of the locker room suggest Emperoreddy was despondent after letting yet another opportunity pass him by.

He allegedly sat for many minutes alone and unresponsive in the trainers room until a short time after the All Class match wrapped up. He then erupted in anger, trashed the room, and left the building refusing any further medical attention.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Going to have some downtime after that show obviously, maybe Thursday for the fall out show and G1 beginning.

Expect the build to KOW to be super wrestling heavy. 4 matches a show for the next 10 shows, plus live event recaps for the tournament.

I haven’t done any write ups to build the show yet other than have the KOW G1 planned and results all set. Super short backstage segments to setup other matches, and I will say now that a lot of people won’t be on the KOW card because of the way the tournament is set up, but as I said before, y’all still got storylines.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You're so bad I have to fight you at a live event...you drag me off tv

Listen here, Mr. Boring 5* Wrestler. You go and have your fun long matches where you kill your body. I'm what brings the crowd into the arena. When you can't walk in about 10 years, i'll be driving a boat in the gulf of Mexico. I'll throw money in the water and watch @Disclose swim after it to pay rent.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Listen here, Mr. Boring 5* Wrestler. You go and have your fun long matches where you kill your body. I'm what brings the crowd into the arena. When you can't walk in about 10 years, i'll be driving a boat in the gulf of Mexico. I'll throw money in the water and watch @Disclose swim after it to pay rent.
That’s 6* wrestler now!

Reactions: KIRK and ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad