HFWF OT X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Had a job interview two weeks ago. Called me yesterday for a second interview. Set it up.

Then got an email that the position no longer exists but my interview is still on for another spot. Yay?
Ask them exactly what this other job would involve before you go, and get it in writing. They might being trying to trick you into a lesser position or a roll that you've no interest in. Or just getting you at a lower level to try and pay you less.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Also last year I lost my fall jacket at a show so this year I decided to order and delve into the leather jacket world. It arrived today and its super tight fitting, but it shouldn't be. :(

I think I am going to keep it as motivation to begin a diet.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Both my girlfriend and my best friends wife (their wedding is the one I was best man at) love Good Charlotte and the last time they played Toronto they didn't even know about the show so they were disappointed.

Being the sweet dude I am I suggested to my buddy that we buy tickets and not tell them until the last minute but make it seem like they missed the show again etc.

Very sweet gesture. The ladies loved it. Me not so much.

Though I will say The River is a banging song but that's only because it has M.Shadows and Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold. It was kinda sad to see the Good Charlotte guitar player try the solo that was done on the album by Synyster Gates. If it was a game of Guitar Hero he might not have passed

Reactions: BonMorrison

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
"dragged"

giphy.gif

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
That is very noble of you. One of the people I was carving pumpkins with is actually a GC fan and was complaining about not getting to go but also was like "it was 70 dollars, why tf is a GC show 70 dollars"

Reactions: Paris in Flames

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I think I am going to get red dead redemption today, and it will be added to a long line of video games I never actually end up finishing.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Ask them exactly what this other job would involve before you go, and get it in writing. They might being trying to trick you into a lesser position or a roll that you've no interest in. Or just getting you at a lower level to try and pay you less.

Did this. It's the exact same position, just on another team within the same division.

Guessing the guy i interviewed with liked another candidate more, but liked me enough to recommend to another executive

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Did this. It's the exact same position, just on another team within the same division.

Guessing the guy i interviewed with liked another candidate more, but liked me enough to recommend to another executive
That's good then. I've just heard too many stories from friends who would get interviews before being offered lower jobs in other departments. Then when they'd question it they'd be spun lies of 'chance to work your way up' and whatnot.

But being recommended is usually a good sign.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

That's how I got my first job in the advertising industry. It usually just comes down to fit and not preference tbh.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Both my girlfriend and my best friends wife (their wedding is the one I was best man at) love Good Charlotte and the last time they played Toronto they didn't even know about the show so they were disappointed.

Being the sweet dude I am I suggested to my buddy that we buy tickets and not tell them until the last minute but make it seem like they missed the show again etc.

Though I will say The River is a banging song but that's only because it has M.Shadows and Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold. It was kinda sad to see the Good Charlotte guitar player try the solo that was done on the album by Synyster Gates. If it was a game of Guitar Hero he might not have passed

I took me until the 4th paragraph to realize you were talking about a band and not the wrestler?!?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

You were the best man at your girlfriends and best friends wife, wedding?

That must of been awkward

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
@Cor a month later... how's NHL 19? I heard the tuners are f***ed but I'm looking at maybe getting a PS4 + the game around Christmas time. Mostly just play franchise mode and would use the 1st tuner.

I heard their roster updates are garbage though and have made guys like Zadina disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad