HFWF OT X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Imagine as a coach getting a point in 70% of the games you have coached in the past year, and fans wanting you fired because the team ran into a hot returning goalie and then had 1 stinker game after a 6-1 start.

I’m not surprised. Things are always wacky in October, things normalize by like December but it’s just funny that the same group of posters overreact about everything in the first two weeks of the season every single season.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
yo theres a posted called mitchmagic

dunno how I feel about this

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Please Read - Re: Politics

There will be a lot tighter of a watch on political talk. I just want to let everyone know up front because this thread is pretty heavy on politics. IMO - good riddance, it's toxic and too many people refuse to discuss it with rationale thought process and acceptance. As always - please keep this board awesome. If you want to have group private messages on politics - have at it. Just keep it out of the board.

How it pertains to WWE/SA - those obviously can be discussed as it directly relates to the product. However let's make sure we keep it in that bubble and not venture to a political discussion.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/political-discussion-forum-removed.2558803/

Reactions: BonMorrison

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ok now I'm really curious as to what brought about this change in policy.

I've been dipping my toe in the Poli board for years, strange to see it suddenly go AWOL. :laugh:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ok now I'm really curious as to what brought about this change in policy.

I've been dipping my toe in the Poli board for years, strange to see it suddenly go AWOL. :laugh:

It is clearly explained in the link..... but if you want simple breakdowns:

- It was causing more pain than offering a place to discuss politics.
- It's too toxic where people cannot have a stable conversation with understanding two sides of the conversation.
- It created wedges between posters that leaked out into the other boards, to where they would just simply attack one another's posts.
- It was taking up time of moderators because the board can be liable once the threats/attacks start.

There is no major situation or special "wow" moment. It's just what you see every day. The board is a hockey board. That's our passion. People cannot discuss politics with respect to one another, thus it is gone. The "traffic" it creates is not worth it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It is clearly explained in the link..... but if you want simple breakdowns:

- It was causing more pain than offering a place to discuss politics.
- It's too toxic where people cannot have a stable conversation with understanding two sides of the conversation.
- It created wedges between posters that leaked out into the other boards, to where they would just simply attack one another's posts.
- It was taking up time of moderators because the board can be liable once the threats/attacks start.

There is no major situation or special "wow" moment. It's just what you see every day. The board is a hockey board. That's our passion. People cannot discuss politics with respect to one another, thus it is gone. The "traffic" it creates is not worth it.

Fair enough, I was just assuming something nefarious had happened over the weekend to spark this decision.

The Poli board was always toxic, IMO, so I guess this move was a long time coming.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Fair enough, I was just assuming something nefarious had happened over the weekend to spark this decision.

The Poli board was always toxic, IMO, so I guess this move was a long time coming.

Naah it's simple. I remember seeing a debate between JFK and someone else. It was so respectful but two differing opinions. They kept saying they respected one another, but disagreed without yelling or getting fired up. They agreed to disagree at times. That's what it should be. I understand people who want taxes/don't want taxes, want war/don't want war, etc. I understand people who think one thing will work and why others do not. It really is an open discussion because I fully believe there is theory for both sides to work. I also understand some bad has to happen for good to come out of it. I also understand some good intentions are made with poor results causing even more bad. Heck.. I even understand why people hate certain candidates.

It's just not for this board and the lack of respect for one another in this world is brutal.

And I'm sure @BonMorrison is trolling me :laugh: but it's just better we move on and discuss awesome things like hockey and wrestling.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nice! I just assume people hate when I have to moderate this thread a bit. "Stupid ColePens ruining our fun!"

Reactions: Fro

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
We definitely go haywire sometimes especially with dragging people by name from the main boards so I do appreciate when you have to go full dad mode on us sometimes. :laugh:

We are delinquents.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So we aren't allowed to talk Politics here anymore?

Odd. I don't think we've had any issues.

Reactions: Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad