HF's Official Devils Tickets Thread/Promo Schedule - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

holikwillfindyou

Jan 19, 2010
booville
Quick question guys,

I'm going to the Kings game on Friday, and will be bringing canned food to donate. Website says that If you bring 5 cans, you get a voucher for 4 tickets to another devils game. Any idea when/what game that will be?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Quick question guys,

I'm going to the Kings game on Friday, and will be bringing canned food to donate. Website says that If you bring 5 cans, you get a voucher for 4 tickets to another devils game. Any idea when/what game that will be?

Where on the website does it say that about the vouchers? We always bring food for this kind of thing but vouchers would be nice!

Edit: They had a similar thing for the Hockey Fights Cancer campaign. If you donated $10 you get a voucher for two tickets. We would go on the website and get re-directed to Ticketmaster and put in the voucher code. It was good for two tickets (lower level tickets included) to I think the Tampa game or the upcoming Winnipeg game. Get the tickets and print them out and it was totally free. Maybe that's what they are doing for this game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Where on the website does it say that about the vouchers? We always bring food for this kind of thing but vouchers would be nice!

Edit: They had a similar thing for the Hockey Fights Cancer campaign. If you donated $10 you get a voucher for two tickets. We would go on the website and get re-directed to Ticketmaster and put in the voucher code. It was good for two tickets (lower level tickets included) to I think the Tampa game or the upcoming Winnipeg game. Get the tickets and print them out and it was totally free. Maybe that's what they are doing for this game.

They have not mentioned which game(s) yet, but this is what they sent out via email on Friday:

• November 15: annual Jersey Hockey Fights Hunger canned food drive in association with the Community Food Bank of New Jersey. Every person in attendance that donates five(5) canned goods will receive a voucher for four(4) tickets to an upcoming Devils game along with a raffle ticket to be entered to win signed Devils memorabilia!

marty3035cory

Sep 23, 2013
Selling 2 tickets, section 212, to Friday vs. Kings, Saturday vs. Penguins.

Kings $35 each, 70 total.
Penguins, $50 each, 100 total.

Message me if interested.

marty3035cory

Sep 23, 2013
There are cheaper tix for both of those games on Stubhub.

Thank you for once again commenting on a post of mine with the exact same comment you always do.

Now if you took the time to look at Stubhub, you may notice something. The tickets I offered are right at center ice, so let's take a look at the sections that are also center ice.

For the Kings game, I will admit there are some center ice tickets for a lesser price. 8 total tickets. 4 for just over $30, and 4 for $33. 2 of those are UPS however, so that isn't very good. Wow, what a much lower price. What a shame it would be for people in the community to support each other.

For the Penguins game, there are also center ice tickets for a lower price. Assuming $57 is less than $50, which last I checked, it is not.

Please stop being so insistent on telling people there are cheaper tickets, especially when you're wrong.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Hey guys I have two tickets to tonight's game at MSG in section 104. (Lower bowl)
Face is $136.50 each.
Selling for $100 each.
PM for info.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Thank you for once again commenting on a post of mine with the exact same comment you always do.

Now if you took the time to look at Stubhub, you may notice something. The tickets I offered are right at center ice, so let's take a look at the sections that are also center ice.

For the Kings game, I will admit there are some center ice tickets for a lesser price. 8 total tickets. 4 for just over $30, and 4 for $33. 2 of those are UPS however, so that isn't very good. Wow, what a much lower price. What a shame it would be for people in the community to support each other.

For the Penguins game, there are also center ice tickets for a lower price. Assuming $57 is less than $50, which last I checked, it is not.

Please stop being so insistent on telling people there are cheaper tickets, especially when you're wrong.

Point taken, but I'm assuming most people will pay $40 or $42 for Balcony or Mezz than Upper Level middle for $50.

Not a totally uneducated assumption given I had ST on the better side of the ice from you for 5 years and know that it was much tougher selling tix there for X when there were X-$10 tix on Stubhub. At those lower price points, people tend to clear out the cheaper inventory first.

marty3035cory

Sep 23, 2013
Point taken, but I'm assuming most people will pay $40 or $42 for Balcony or Mezz than Upper Level middle for $50.

Not a totally uneducated assumption given I had ST on the better side of the ice from you for 5 years and know that it was much tougher selling tix there for X when there were X-$10 tix on Stubhub. At those lower price points, people tend to clear out the cheaper inventory first.

Thanks for the level headed reply, I realize I was being a bit dickish in my last post. I understand that there are cheaper tickets, but personally I think center ice is better than mezz end, but that's all very subjective. To each their own though, just trying to unload things I can't unfortunately use.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
did anyone else get this from the team?

is this legit? for free?

The Devils run to the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals was an incredible playoff run we will all remember. As someone who joined us at The Rock to experience Jersey's Team battle for the Stanley Cup, we want you to join us for the first time the Devils will face-off against the L.A. Kings since the 2012 Finals!

We've noticed that since that run, you haven't made it back to The Rock frequently. With new ownership and new management in place, we want you to experience all the great changes that are taking place. As someone who attended the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals, What better time to invite you back on us than this Friday, when your Devils take on the Kings at 7 p.m.?

Simply fill out this form and two lower level tickets will be left under your name at Will Call. This offer is non-transferable. A Fan Experience Representative will call you, once you have submitted the form, to answer any questions you may have. This opportunity is available up until this Thursday, November 14, at 5 p.m.

We look forward to hosting you for this rematch where the Devils look to even the score against the L.A. Kings!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol that's pretty freaking sad. I don't know if that's a fact since I 'go frequently' and wouldn't get that e-mail but I'd assume it is with how startlingly low secondary market prices are for this game (a Friday night against LA).

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It's a one-time good will gesture, why is anyone complaining?
They are trying to get people to buy some sort of ticket plan and there is no better way than to host them at a game on the house.
Good sales tactic.

A friend was asked to join the owners suite for the home opener since he did not renew this season. (He had goal bar season tix). Reason was he relocated to Dallas, but they still invited him which I thought was nice.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They are trying to get people to buy some sort of ticket plan and there is no better way than to host them at a game on the house.
Good sales tactic.

A friend was asked to join the owners suite for the home opener since he did not renew this season. (He had goal bar season tix). Reason was he relocated to Dallas, but they still invited him which I thought was nice.

One-time?! This is now the third voucher offer they've had this year, after the $10 donation on HFC night and the seperate future game voucher offer for Friday if you bring in five canned goods. They've had more vouchers given away than actual discounts lol

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
did anyone else get this from the team?

is this legit? for free?

lol that's pretty freaking sad. I don't know if that's a fact since I 'go frequently' and wouldn't get that e-mail but I'd assume it is with how startlingly low secondary market prices are for this game (a Friday night against LA).

I imagine they're pulling from the list of people that bought the individual tickets specifically for the cup finals that year. If you are/were a plan holder, or purchased more than individual finals games that year in the playoffs, its doubtful you would receive that email if I had to guess.

Pretty much this. Even though this team only does it so often, it happens a lot elsewhere to try to make a good will gesture to get someone back in the building and maybe persuade them to come back. Do so mostly with the hopes of either getting them more willing to purchase some sort of plan or at the very least to keep communication open with the individual in case of the chance for a future sales pitch.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
One-time?! This is now the third voucher offer they've had this year, after the $10 donation on HFC night and the seperate future game voucher offer for Friday if you bring in five canned goods. They've had more vouchers given away than actual discounts lol

HFC and the Food Drive are asking fans to help donate to great causes to help people in our area.
I'm sure more $$ was donated to the HFC because of the ticket voucher offer.
Same thing will happen Friday night.
Kudos to the Devils for dangling the ticket voucher carrot to entice fans to give back to the community.

This offer is as Scott said, try to get single ticket buyers to enjoy a game in hopes they then sign up for some part of ticket plan-even a partial one such as an 8 or 10 game plan.

Nothing to complain about or riducule.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I dont think he was complaining, just noting that it's kindof sad that it has come to this, papering the building on a Friday night. Check out Stubhub, still 700 tix up < 48 hours out. This is a mess of their own greedy (and incompetent) creation.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I dont think he was complaining, just noting that it's kindof sad that it has come to this, papering the building on a Friday night. Check out Stubhub, still 700 tix up < 48 hours out. This is a mess of their own greedy (and incompetent) creation.

Against star-studded LA in a SCF rematch that wasn't too long ago...this isn't even a Friday game against Ottawa we're talking about. This was one of their 'Elite' priced games (and I thought rightly so) rofl.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Our management sucks. A freaking RANGER GAME didn't sell out because of their RIVAL ticketing price tier.

They have to understand that people aren't sitting at home getting amped up because LA is coming to town so they will pay premium prices on Ticketmaster.. Anyone that wants to go to this game is going to wait for drops on Stub Hub and Ticketsnow. I hope this management group gets it pretty quickly. They will after they see the low number of morons that are buying these games on Ticketmaster at retail face value.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
1425673_695236144545_535572257_n.jpg

903188_695236174485_1525604247_o.jpg

902658_695236523785_2047079963_o.jpg

Let's not kid ourselves. This is embarrassing.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Chill pill folks.

Have fun at games, its not your money if its a sellout or not.

No but a horrible atmosphere where fans boo after goals, chants are infrequent and not a collective effort, and you can talk for most of the game with someone a section away without yelling is a problem.

It's no secret that a full loud building gives an advantage to the home team. We need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad