HF's Official Devils Tickets Thread/Promo Schedule - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
At least it's not the worst managed crowd disaster I've ever experienced.

That award goes to the Montreal Expos, and it's doubtful I'll see it eclipsed in my lifetime. I used to show up there all the time and buy tickets for about $6.50 ($10 CAD) off scalpers who had stacks of tix, then move down to the lower bowl, 10 - 15 rows from field. Some folks would move to the least crowded sections just so they could wh0re-out on foul balls. Kids loved that. Wasnt uncommon to see a motivated 12 year old with 2 or 3 balls by the end of the game.

apice3*

Yeah, as someone who usually buys tickets to 10 games or so per year, I don't really have the same passion to go this year. I didn't have that great of a time at the opener which is usually a blast every year. The atmosphere was lame. New owners took a one time fun arena and basically took a dump on it.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The shortened season was REALLY fun as far as crowd goes before the team took a giant dump on the ice. The playoff run in 2012 was AWESOME... even the Florida series. The fans aren't going to show up unless the team is winning, partially due to the prices. So if the team keeps playing like this, I would say by Christmas/January the building will fill up more.... but they can't ask us to pay this kind of money. 2/3 years ago those 100 level balcony seats were $56... now to see a Western Conference opponent on a Friday night they want $85? Get real...

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
anyone selling a pair below stubhub prices for this saturday vs the penguins pm me!

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Have a single for upcoming home games:

Sabres 11/30 - $30
Lightning 12/14 - $30
Wild 3/20 - $30

Section 120, row 5

All ticket prices are lower than Stubhub. Will forward the PDF within 48 hours of the game. PM me if interested.

Also selling a single for Stadium Series, had a friend back out:
320A - Row 5

Selling it for face value plus TM fees which is $312, as long as you are a Devils fan.

marty3035cory

Sep 23, 2013
Selling 1 or 2 for tomorrow vs. LA. Section 212, center ice. Make me any offer, I'm flexible. Message me if interested.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Yeah, as someone who usually buys tickets to 10 games or so per year, I don't really have the same passion to go this year. I didn't have that great of a time at the opener which is usually a blast every year. The atmosphere was lame. New owners took a one time fun arena and basically took a dump on it.

Me too man. I don't know what it is. I usually go to at least 10 per year, but I dont have the same passion to go this year. We aren't doing bad right now so that can't be the reason.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Me too man. I don't know what it is. I usually go to at least 10 per year, but I dont have the same passion to go this year. We aren't doing bad right now so that can't be the reason.

Maybe because we don't have a star player. I know this organization is al about the TEAM and I am all for that but we have had the privilege of watching some elite players for the past decade or so as Devils fans. Kovy the past few years, Parise during and before that, prime Marty and Patty, star studded defese in the early 2000s. These stars didn't exactly translate to consistent sellouts or even above average attendance but they made you excited to go to the rink and watch top 5/10 players in their respective position.

Now we have some nice pieces but no star in the league for sure.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
a ticket rep contacted me today, the free ticket offer I posted about yesterday is real. picking up the tickets at will call tomorrow.

pretty sweet.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
What was the jist of the conversation?

Let us know the seat location tomorrow night and have a good time.

He just said he was calling to let me know they received the form that I submitted and tickets would be waiting for me at will call in my name tomorrow.

He asked if I planned on buying any plans this season and I said probably not because I moved out of state. He said if I ever needed anything in the future to just give him a call

and thats it really

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He just said he was calling to let me know they received the form that I submitted and tickets would be waiting for me at will call in my name tomorrow.

He asked if I planned on buying any plans this season and I said probably not because I moved out of state. He said if I ever needed anything in the future to just give him a call

and thats it really

Low pressure sales and good customer satisfication, not bad.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

and thats it really

That's really cool. Have a great time. Maybe others here can call the Devils and say they heard from a friend about this offer? Guys who haven't been back at the Rock for a few years?

I'm glad the Devils are doing this. I hope they combine it with a dramatic drop in ticket prices to get more fans in the building.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh I agree it's definitely a good idea and I'm glad ZBC (among others) can take advantage of it.

They just better not turn around and RAISE sth prices next year after all these flat ticket giveaways. Especially without the Winter Classic carrot to get people to renew this Spring.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Quick question guys,

I'm going to the Kings game on Friday, and will be bringing canned food to donate. Website says that If you bring 5 cans, you get a voucher for 4 tickets to another devils game. Any idea when/what game that will be?

I just read this email, am really tempted to make that effort tomorrow night. Bring 3 guys, each with $10 worth of food(can go Ramen noodle but might as well do the right thing right?), walk out with 16 tix?

did anyone else get this from the team?

is this legit? for free?

Dude I want that.

lol that's pretty freaking sad. I don't know if that's a fact since I 'go frequently' and wouldn't get that e-mail but I'd assume it is with how startlingly low secondary market prices are for this game (a Friday night against LA).

One-time?! This is now the third voucher offer they've had this year, after the $10 donation on HFC night and the seperate future game voucher offer for Friday if you bring in five canned goods. They've had more vouchers given away than actual discounts lol

Man this is Devils hockey is it not? This is par for the course. At least owners are saying eff-it, lets just get people in here. I for one will easily spend $40 at a free game. And i'm loud. So why not invite me for free?

apice3*

Maybe because we don't have a star player. I know this organization is al about the TEAM and I am all for that but we have had the privilege of watching some elite players for the past decade or so as Devils fans. Kovy the past few years, Parise during and before that, prime Marty and Patty, star studded defese in the early 2000s. These stars didn't exactly translate to consistent sellouts or even above average attendance but they made you excited to go to the rink and watch top 5/10 players in their respective position.

Now we have some nice pieces but no star in the league for sure.

Star power has nothing to do with it. That's something that keeps casual fans in the building. I don't need to see a dominant figure to enjoy a hockey game. The atmosphere in the arena is just totally flat. Doesn't really help that every goal scored leads to booing because the owners are living in a politically correct world.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Star power has nothing to do with it. That's something that keeps casual fans in the building. I don't need to see a dominant figure to enjoy a hockey game. The atmosphere in the arena is just totally flat. Doesn't really help that every goal scored leads to booing because the owners are living in a politically correct world.

I've only been to the Canucks game and the booing was louder for the goal song than Schneider's weak goals. I've got no desire to spend more than like $15 to go to a game right now as it just isn't fun

marty3035cory

Sep 23, 2013
1 ticket available in section 212, center ice, for tomorrow vs. Kings and Saturday vs. Penguins.

Asking $20 for Kings ticket, $40 for Penguins ticket. Willing to hear other offers. Let me know if you're interested, can e-mail either immediately.

EDIT: Sold Kings. Penguins still available.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I just read this email, am really tempted to make that effort tomorrow night. Bring 3 guys, each with $10 worth of food(can go Ramen noodle but might as well do the right thing right?), walk out with 16 tix?

Dude I want that.

Man this is Devils hockey is it not? This is par for the course. At least owners are saying eff-it, lets just get people in here. I for one will easily spend $40 at a free game. And i'm loud. So why not invite me for free?

Yes, each person who brings 5+ food items (cans, peanut butter, etc) gets 4 ticket vouchers.

Yes, it's a given that most fans who get free tickets are more willing to shell out money on food and other concessions.
Plus, every seat taken adds to the atmosphere inside the rink, especially when it's a loud Devils fan such as yourself.

NJTIXX

Mar 3, 2011
Looking on the Ticketmaster Map I thought the lower level would be sold out with all those freebies given away.... Still looks like its gonna be 15K if that.

My friend submitted the form yesterday morning but never got a call I wonder if he'll be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad