OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I’d have to check
Ok thanks. Sorry, wasn't too clear, worked overnight with no sleep... except microsleeping at the job while reading the ending to 'color of magic' =P
Once xmp is enabled, you can A, boost clock speeds (for me 4800 -> 5200) and/or B, LLS (low latency support). At quick read do one or the other, productivity benefits the clock speeds, gaming benefits tighter timings. I didn't try both... just curious mostly. Read doing both may make unstable... but people said they did both, I have no idea heh.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Ok thanks. Sorry, wasn't too clear, worked overnight with no sleep... except microsleeping at the job while reading the ending to 'color of magic' =P
Once xmp is enabled, you can A, boost clock speeds (for me 4800 -> 5200) and/or B, LLS (low latency support). At quick read do one or the other, productivity benefits the clock speeds, gaming benefits tighter timings. I didn't try both... just curious mostly. Read doing both may make unstable... but people said they did both, I have no idea heh.
Don’t think I have the option. XMP runs at the best latency for mine.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Don’t think I have the option. XMP runs at the best latency for mine.
Weird. My timings are, stock: 42-41-41-77. With XMP and ONLY LLS checked, they still register boosted to 5200 and timings are 40 40 40 77 :dunno:
Stable and fine.
OH... also, I noticed my igpu was running with my gpu... not sure if this is detrimental or any sort of deal breaker, but to avoid confusion? Does it take resources to run (and not use)? I disabled integrated graphics in bios - was AUTO. But auto made it run with my gpu (I suppose for another added monitor support (or gpu death).

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Weird. My timings are, stock: 42-41-41-77. With XMP and ONLY LLS checked, they still register boosted to 5200 and timings are 40 40 40 77 :dunno:
Stable and fine.
OH... also, I noticed my igpu was running with my gpu... not sure if this is detrimental or any sort of deal breaker, but to avoid confusion? Does it take resources to run (and not use)? I disabled integrated graphics in bios - was AUTO. But auto made it run with my gpu (I suppose for another added monitor support (or gpu death).
I’d run with the better timings. I wouldn’t completely disable the igpu. It’s very marginally consuming power at ideal from the cpu. But if you have to troubleshoot issues you want it enabled.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Denis Villeneuve is an incredible filmmaker but the bloke wants to make movies without dialogue because no one remembers good dialogue, just great scenes, according to him. Also he feels television has corrupted movies..

No one remembers dialogue?

Offer he couldn't refuse
Say hello to my little friend
Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
I feel the need, the need for speed
What's in the box?!

This is as whiny as the super hero movies shit. Albeit marvel super hero movies over saturated the market and then Sony kept making shitty things and Snyder and Whedon did a squatty potty on DC. That makes super hero movies shit.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Denis Villeneuve is an incredible filmmaker but the bloke wants to make movies without dialogue because no one remembers good dialogue, just great scenes, according to him. Also he feels television has corrupted movies..

No one remembers dialogue?

Offer he couldn't refuse
Say hello to my little friend
Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
I feel the need, the need for speed
What's in the box?!

This is as whiny as the super hero movies shit. Albeit marvel super hero movies over saturated the market and then Sony kept making shitty things and Snyder and Whedon did a squatty potty on DC. That makes super hero movies shit.
Well, if you pay attention to hollywood-type you will be neck deep in nutty thoughts.
-----------------------------------------------

My favorite from S5 is MUNCH! He wins the season for me. Rest of season 5 fargo is pretty weak, honestly. S1 for the win, downhill from there.
Munch and his lines are gold.
'I live here, now'
'A man only has so many words to speak in his life'
Season should have been about him.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

My wife showed me this and I feel attacked. Then she said she tried to count how many times I say it to just "randoms" at Costco to find stuff and she lost count.

Rude.

And yes my Dad calls me mate and I do the same. It's normal.

• Haha
Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My wife showed me this and I feel attacked. Then she said she tried to count how many times I say it to just "randoms" at Costco to find stuff and she lost count.

Rude.

And yes my Dad calls me mate and I do the same. It's normal.
Well mate, look'n like you've a mate problem, eh mate? :laugh:
I say bollocks instead of the shite or fook... because hearing other people curse is not a good look in the least...so I refuse to say sh or fu (unless unexpected sudden pain or injury kinda deal .... it may slip =P)
Oh... but my point to the bollocks was thank goodness I don't use mate _and_ bollocks.... heaven forbid people thinking I'm british of all things! :biglaugh: :wg:

Last edited:

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
Im a masochist, so I'm working my way through my first playthrough of Sekiro. Might be even harder than Dark Souls, but man is it rewarding when you overcome a boss after 30+ tries...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Screenplay isn't even finished yet, and DV said he wants to take a break. You're gonna be waiting at least 3 years.
He was rumored to be interested in adapting Messiah or another novel, but I think the changes he made to the first book for the first two movies works and has a proper end. I mean it'd be almost a waste to adapt the other novels at this point and the books are definitely out there for the things that happen, DV would really need a few years to figure out how to fit it into his version of Herbert's story.

Messiah - if those that don't know, will be insanely familiar, to the point of knowing George Lucas straight up jacked most of his story elements from Herbert for Star Wars. It also gets pretty f***ing out there. It's great, but yeah, if DV is adapting that, I don't know how that would go with the whole twins thing and every bloke saying "Star Wars rip off!" without realizing what came first.

I think at the end, he was alluding to the fact that Chani was pissed and that she was going to kill him, but we all know in the books, she doesn't, she is his concubine in Messiah and they have 2 kids, Leto II being one of them, it's got issues - the novel, but it's a good continuation of the story but I don't know if that should be adapted at all. I wouldn't be shocked that at some point, DV decides to scrap it all together. Because he could go 12yrs ahead and go with a new cast and go from there and he's already skilled Leto II the Elder in its entirety, so the twins and then him pissing off while his nutjub sister and new Duncan "Hayt" get freaky with it while Paul's wife says f*** it all to her old life and decides to be teacher now....

But yeah, the end of Dune 2, I think it's fine, it shows Paul eventually becoming the thing he didn't want to be and showing just why Chani was fearful of his motives, it was a good end imo and sometimes things don't need to keep going. The Books, they are not easy to adapt, DV changed a ton for the 2 movies alone, he would essentially need to create 70% of the story anew at this point for a 3rd movie.

Last edited:

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
He was rumored to be interested in adapting Messiah or another novel, but I think the changes he made to the first book for the first two movies works and has a proper end. I mean it'd be almost a waste to adapt the other novels at this point and the books are definitely out there for the things that happen, DV would really need a few years to figure out how to fit it into his version of Herbert's story.

Messiah - if those that don't know, will be insanely familiar, to the point of knowing George Lucas straight up jacked most of his story elements from Herbert for Star Wars. It also gets pretty f***ing out there. It's great, but yeah, if DV is adapting that, I don't know how that would go with the whole twins thing and every bloke saying "Star Wars rip off!" without realizing what came first.

I think at the end, he was alluding to the fact that Chani was pissed and that she was going to kill him, but we all know in the books, she doesn't, she is his concubine in Messiah and they have 2 kids, Leto II being one of them, it's got issues - the novel, but it's a good continuation of the story but I don't know if that should be adapted at all. I wouldn't be shocked that at some point, DV decides to scrap it all together. Because he could go 12yrs ahead and go with a new cast and go from there and he's already skilled Leto II the Elder in its entirety, so the twins and then him pissing off while his nutjub sister and new Duncan "Hayt" get freaky with it while Paul's wife says f*** it all to her old life and decides to be teacher now....

But yeah, the end of Dune 2, I think it's fine, it shows Paul eventually becoming the thing he didn't want to be and showing just why Chani was fearful of his motives, it was a good end imo and sometimes things don't need to keep going. The Books, they are not easy to adapt, DV changed a ton for the 2 movies alone, he would essentially need to create 70% of the story anew at this point for a 3rd movie.

He confirmed it's Messiah based. I figure at least 4/5 years out. And I'd be shocked if he makes more than that. The material would be kind of difficult to translate to screen.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He confirmed it's Messiah based. I figure at least 4/5 years out. And I'd be shocked if he makes more than that. The material would be kind of difficult to translate to screen.
He's also taking a break from Dune before heading back to working on a script but also isn't sure if there's any good ideas for it and if there isn't then there won't be a movie. But he's stated as wanting to adapt Messiah for sure and that they had some rough idea but that it wasn't a guarantee at all.

I kind of hope he just leaves it as 2 movies.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
He's also taking a break from Dune before heading back to working on a script but also isn't sure if there's any good ideas for it and if there isn't then there won't be a movie. But he's stated as wanting to adapt Messiah for sure and that they had some rough idea but that it wasn't a guarantee at all.

I kind of hope he just leaves it as 2 movies.

I was just reading extra interviews with him earlier today and they all seemed to state the script was in process ...

"The screenplay is almost finished"

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was just reading extra interviews with him earlier today and they all seemed to state the script was in process ...

"The screenplay is almost finished"

In another he is more diplomatic - that they've started on the script but he's also tired from the back to back movies being filmed and the location and that the script has to make sense and it seems like wanting to take a break is showing they don't have one that makes sense.

The director has also gone on record expressing interest in making a third “Dune” movie, one based on Frank Herbert’s follow-up novel “Dune Messiah.” Back in August, Villeneuve told Empire magazine: “If I succeed in making a trilogy, that would be the dream. I will say, there are words on paper [for a third film].”

Speaking to South Korean press, Villeneuve said “Dune Messiah” is “being written right now. The screenplay is almost finished but it is not finished. It will take a little time…There’s a dream of making a third movie…it would make absolute sense to me.”

Villeneuve noted how he went immediately from making the first “Dune” movie into making the second and “there was no gap.” He doesn’t want to do the same thing in going from “Dune: Part Two” directly into “Dune Messiah,” plus the existence of a third “Dune” film probably depends on the box office of “Part Two” anyway.

“I don’t know exactly when I will go back to Arrakis,” Villeneuve said. “I might make a detour before just to go away from the sun. For my mental sanity I might do something in between, but my dream would be to go a last time on this planet that I love.”

I'm sure they are done sign the script and probably want to step away from it to come back with fresh eyes after a break. Then it's a who knows if he will or not.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Carnivore diet results so far...220-189, not bad for 3 months! Cheating for a few days and going back for another 3 months.
I had to log into this tracker happy site just to respond out of curiosity...
The what????! So, you are only eating meat diet or diet from meat?
Gotta look guuud now that the warmer weather is kinda sorta here :wg:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I had to log into this tracker happy site just to respond out of curiosity...
The what????! So, you are only eating meat diet or diet from meat?
Gotta look guuud now that the warmer weather is kinda sorta here :wg:
Ground beef, eggs, bacon, chicken, fish. Eat 1 meal to get all my calories in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad