OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
64bbb001-ed8a-450a-8826-b939f653b969_text.gif

c85d9afd-a029-4649-9d4e-1893c0506864_text.gif

i-love-you-awesome-nerds-beca.gif

Reactions: LOGiK

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Dont forget to wake up Green Day tomorrow:

I have tried. I just can't do the whole shtick personally. But hey if it gets more people into great novels, fine.

Some are certainly better than others. And my wife and I have each come across a couple we just couldn’t finish and then got them on kindle.

And yeah it definitely has me reading more. I’ve read more for fun the last two years than the rest of my life combined, or at least close to it. Probably around half of that is audiobook.

Which part you get turned off by? Being read to, or not reading yourself?
Or other......?

If you plan on living long --- reading is one way of avoiding dementia. Once you let the brain slip........ no recovery.
There are so many books out there -that there are dozens or more books that will entertain even the most peculiar subject matter interests...

----------

I found a new live streaming / replay site for all of sports over the world.... It is so weird watching TV in russia... england... austrailia.... poland.... HEH! Praise the internet!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I just saw this whole thing, hah... been busy... beautiful stretch of 80 degree sunny days.
Saw bright red lights in the sky, hard to explain really... on a bright clear blue cloudless day. Stopped on my cooldown walk from running when I spotted two planes --- and I looked in the middle and saw by chance this slightly moving deep, piercing red light (impossible to explain the deep pattern and all of it) but if I did have to explain it was like a laser point was in my eyes, but from the sky.... Watched for a minute or 3 and figured it'd vanish after not long. When it did not, I was so close to home, I sprinted to get the p900 else not a single soul believe me!!!
Spent 30 minutes plus looking for it armed with my proof maker.... nothing.... wahhhhhhhh. I seen it though and don't care much to prove it, but I want to show other people how wild it was... wahhhhh :whine:

Oh... should I not say something about BGIII ? =P

@Ogrezilla so did you finish act iii yet? I just fought the magic cats by the drunken kobolds at the old temple current creche temple. Not sure if I want to put MORE time into finding the ceremonial weapons to start up that puzzle or sky gun or goodness knows what. Not even sure if I HAVE TO do that stuff, I haven't actually spoken with the githyanki yet, I did the eagles in for the blue jay and then stealth taking out the kobolds ran into the magic cats :laugh: ...what the heck... must sound mental to anyone who doesnt play, haha...
:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: Zirakzigil

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just saw this whole thing, hah... been busy... beautiful stretch of 80 degree sunny days.
Saw bright red lights in the sky, hard to explain really... on a bright clear blue cloudless day. Stopped on my cooldown walk from running when I spotted two planes --- and I looked in the middle and saw by chance this slightly moving deep, piercing red light (impossible to explain the deep pattern and all of it) but if I did have to explain it was like a laser point was in my eyes, but from the sky.... Watched for a minute or 3 and figured it'd vanish after not long. When it did not, I was so close to home, I sprinted to get the p900 else not a single soul believe me!!!
Spent 30 minutes plus looking for it armed with my proof maker.... nothing.... wahhhhhhhh. I seen it though and don't care much to prove it, but I want to show other people how wild it was... wahhhhh :whine:

Oh... should I not say something about BGIII ? =P

@Ogrezilla so did you finish act iii yet? I just fought the magic cats by the drunken kobolds at the old temple current creche temple. Not sure if I want to put MORE time into finding the ceremonial weapons to start up that puzzle or sky gun or goodness knows what. Not even sure if I HAVE TO do that stuff, I haven't actually spoken with the githyanki yet, I did the eagles in for the blue jay and then stealth taking out the kobolds ran into the magic cats :laugh: ...what the heck... must sound mental to anyone who doesnt play, haha...
:eek:
I never went to the mountain pass at all so never met the gith people.

I am not finished with act 3 but I feel like I’m close. Been super busy lately though.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I never went to the mountain pass at all so never met the gith people.

I am not finished with act 3 but I feel like I’m close. Been super busy lately though.
Same with the busy... back is killing me from yard work. Had to get it in with the rain and temperature drop tomorrow. Did a close cut on the grass, hopfully being the last mow of the season.

BGIII, mountain pass and the section in the middle by the goblin patrol outside their base -both- lead to the githyanki section as far as I know, two points converge, and the other part says 'you will be leaving the area, etc' so I didn't feel like waiting to load twice just to see the goblin camp entrance. (maybe there is more though).

I hardly been putting in the time with the game that I'd prefer. Been playing, but short sessions. Almost level 7.
Oh and the area is a small map everything considered, I figure at normal rate it could be cleared in short time, outside of the fights (unless avoided, etc), but you know my pace... I been there a good 3 - 4 hours... and I want to do this story part because they are after THE WEAPON... and I'm curious to know what that dang thing is (no spoiler, but there could be a different weapon, no idea myself yet... so I'm curious).

How did you sub classes work out for you. I stick to just straight class leveling. Oh and also, should my barb -karlach- be bare-handed? I took the armor off her because of her buff and perks and been getting gear that buffs bare handed attacks...... and not sure if she has bare handed buffs and perks by class? dunno there...

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Same with the busy... back is killing me from yard work. Had to get it in with the rain and temperature drop tomorrow. Did a close cut on the grass, hopfully being the last mow of the season.

BGIII, mountain pass and the section in the middle by the goblin patrol outside their base -both- lead to the githyanki section as far as I know, two points converge, and the other part says 'you will be leaving the area, etc' so I didn't feel like waiting to load twice just to see the goblin camp entrance. (maybe there is more though).

I hardly been putting in the time with the game that I'd prefer. Been playing, but short sessions. Almost level 7.
Oh and the area is a small map everything considered, I figure at normal rate it could be cleared in short time, outside of the fights (unless avoided, etc), but you know my pace... I been there a good 3 - 4 hours... and I want to do this story part because they are after THE WEAPON... and I'm curious to know what that dang thing is (no spoiler, but there could be a different weapon, no idea myself yet... so I'm curious).

How did you sub classes work out for you. I stick to just straight class leveling. Oh and also, should my barb -karlach- be bare-handed? I took the armor off her because of her buff and perks and been getting gear that buffs bare handed attacks...... and not sure if she has bare handed buffs and perks by class? dunno there...
I think bare hand is mostly for Monks. My barbarian has used 2 handed weapons the whole game and it seems great. I also ended up preferring wearing medium armor on my barbarian even though it wasted some buffs because the best barbarian helmets and whatnot ended up counting as armor anyway.

My barbarian is multiclassed a bit. I'm a level 8 Barbarian (Frenzy) and level 4 Fighter (Champion) for the improved chance to crit and the two handed weapon fighting style mainly. And Half-Orc, which does more damage on crits. And barbarians do too. So he's just built to do insane damage like 1/5 hits or so, and he attacks 3 times a turn as Frenzy.
I made Wyll level 2 paladin and level 10 Warlock (Fiend and Blade I think are the two main choices), but starting him as Paladin. That lets him use heavy armor, use his charisma for attacks, and use his Short Rest recharging level 5 spell slots on Smites, so twice a short rest he can just blow someone up :laugh:
Gale is a pure wizard, Evocation so he doesn't hit my guys with his AoE spells.
Shadowheart is full Tempest Cleric so she can use plate armor and shoot lightning :laugh:

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
1I think bare hand is mostly for Monks. My barbarian has used 2 handed weapons the whole game and it seems great. I also ended up preferring wearing medium armor on my barbarian even though it wasted some buffs because the best barbarian helmets and whatnot ended up counting as armor anyway.

2My barbarian is multiclassed a bit. I'm a level 8 Barbarian (Frenzy) and level 4 Fighter (Champion) for the improved chance to crit and the two handed weapon fighting style mainly. And Half-Orc, which does more damage on crits. And barbarians do too. So he's just built to do insane damage like 1/5 hits or so, and he attacks 3 times a turn as Frenzy.
3I made Wyll level 2 paladin and level 10 Warlock (Fiend and Blade I think are the two main choices), but starting him as Paladin. That lets him use heavy armor, use his charisma for attacks, and use his Short Rest recharging level 5 spell slots on Smites, so twice a short rest he can just blow someone up :laugh:
4Gale is a pure wizard, Evocation so he doesn't hit my guys with his AoE spells.
5Shadowheart is full Tempest Cleric so she can use plate armor and shoot lightning :laugh:
1 Oh, monks, makes sense. Same, 2h weapons, she had most strength until barb didn't have a chance to level attributes at lvl 6 and fighter did so now lae'zel is 20 str and she is very, very strong, and with mithral heavy armor? Watch out boy! Same with the medium armor on barb, used it, removed it, used it, removed it again switching helmets (if it counts as armor I switch back, heh).
2. Sounds like a good combo. Frenzy is good, Got used to not using it unless needed and I went so long without using it I started hesitating if I would need it THIS fight haahahaha... then I even forgot about the soul coins to pump her up... have never done that...
3. Wyll is a mystery to me, he's collecting dust back at my camp. I like the sound of that though, that you have him super op for two or so casts per sleep. I have smite gear but have no idea how to use it haha... I'm going to have to re-learn how to play when I come back with new avatar and party. I don't think any of my party can blow anyone up in one cast or even two casts! Casting is my weak area. Just hording all my spells and all...
4. Gale, evocation... I like evocation. AoE is tough to deal with especially if you get taken unawares... enemy scattering around and really putting a quick hurting on ya. SPIKES is my only aoe... I use it when tactically sound to see no possible way around it, and enemies just sit and do nothing rather than walk through and die anyway haha.... (OK ONE, one enemy or two get smart and dash through it but not frequently --- if perfectly sealed / blocked in)...
5 SHE CAN SHOOT LIGHTNING!!! I love lightning spells (who doesn't love chain lightning =P (if thats even in this game)) I want it I want it!!! At what level? -- Mines Tempest likewise../

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You know whats the worst? Chocolate mint girl guide cookie season. I just spent $72 on cookies. :laugh: :facepalm: So much for my healthy eating....
Girl guide cookies?? Girl scout cookies? Or is it different... 72 d's on girl scout cookies.... so that'd be, ohhhh, around 3 boxes worth? :wg:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
1 Oh, monks, makes sense. Same, 2h weapons, she had most strength until barb didn't have a chance to level attributes at lvl 6 and fighter did so now lae'zel is 20 str and she is very, very strong, and with mithral heavy armor? Watch out boy! Same with the medium armor on barb, used it, removed it, used it, removed it again switching helmets (if it counts as armor I switch back, heh).
Yeah fighters just get more stats/feats than other classes, it's a nice bonus for them for sure. I gave up on switching back and forth on armor and just keep my barb in full armor.
2. Sounds like a good combo. Frenzy is good, Got used to not using it unless needed and I went so long without using it I started hesitating if I would need it THIS fight haahahaha... then I even forgot about the soul coins to pump her up... have never done that...
I think the soul coins are a specifically for karlach, my barbarian is my custom character. I would like to use her, one mark on the side of why I maybe SHOULD have read about at least some things before starting :laugh: Oh well, I'll use her next time.
3. Wyll is a mystery to me, he's collecting dust back at my camp. I like the sound of that though, that you have him super op for two or so casts per sleep. I have smite gear but have no idea how to use it haha... I'm going to have to re-learn how to play when I come back with new avatar and party. I don't think any of my party can blow anyone up in one cast or even two casts! Casting is my weak area. Just hording all my spells and all...
Yeah I like him a lot. Remember, warlocks only get 2 spell slots but they come back on a SHORT rest, not long. So he can do 6 big smites per sleep, 2 per short rest. Plus he has 2 level 1 spell slots from being a paladin. Not super strong, but better than normal attacks still. He also has some item that once per sleep he can make an attack auto crit, so at least 1 of those stronger versions I can make a crit.

Also I can still use any of these to cast spells instead of smite, so if I'm fighting groups of smaller guys he can throw out a fireball or some crowd control. And Eldritch Blast with the warlock invocations is for sure the best Cantrip in the game; probably close to an archer for damage. I'm a big warlock fan. I think the 2 levels in paladin for Smite makes them WAY better vs a single target though. I will likely use a full Paladin next time I play through.
4. Gale, evocation... I like evocation. AoE is tough to deal with especially if you get taken unawares... enemy scattering around and really putting a quick hurting on ya. SPIKES is my only aoe... I use it when tactically sound to see no possible way around it, and enemies just sit and do nothing rather than walk through and die anyway haha.... (OK ONE, one enemy or two get smart and dash through it but not frequently --- if perfectly sealed / blocked in)...
I have three that are all great at AoE. Your Shadowheart will get better soon. Actually if you're level 5 she should have Call Lightning. It's small AoE, but it's a great spell. One cast can get you 10 shots of it in a long fight. I forget when you get Sleet Storm (or ice or hail or something). It's a huge area. Spirit Guardians is strong if she's in the middle of the fight, and she gets some other big one centered around her in one big burst later too, forget what it's called.
5 SHE CAN SHOOT LIGHTNING!!! I love lightning spells (who doesn't love chain lightning =P (if thats even in this game)) I want it I want it!!! At what level? -- Mines Tempest likewise../
I think Call Lightning is the only lightning spell she gets, but it's a good one. But when you use it be sure to use the re-cast button on the far right of the bars, don't recast the spell. It lasts for 1 minute (10 rounds in combat) letting you cast another bolt each round, unless your concentration gets broken. And with her Wrath of the Storm reaction lets you get max damage from it, I think twice a day.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
They are some of the best store bought cookies out there.

girl-guide-cookies.jpg
They do look good.
Back when I was in Canada, the du maria's (spelling?) were better the beer was better, the women were beautiful and friendly the guy I knew was super nice... why shouldn't their cookies be better =]

Reactions: Zirakzigil

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
1Yeah fighters just get more stats/feats than other classes, it's a nice bonus for them for sure. I gave up on switching back and forth on armor and just keep my barb in full armor.

2I think the soul coins are a specifically for karlach, my barbarian is my custom character. I would like to use her, one mark on the side of why I maybe SHOULD have read about at least some things before starting :laugh: Oh well, I'll use her next time.

3Yeah I like him a lot. Remember, warlocks only get 2 spell slots but they come back on a SHORT rest, not long. So he can do 6 big smites per sleep, 2 per short rest. Plus he has 2 level 1 spell slots from being a paladin. Not super strong, but better than normal attacks still. He also has some item that once per sleep he can make an attack auto crit, so at least 1 of those stronger versions I can make a crit.

4Also I can still use any of these to cast spells instead of smite, so if I'm fighting groups of smaller guys he can throw out a fireball or some crowd control. And Eldritch Blast with the warlock invocations is for sure the best Cantrip in the game; probably close to an archer for damage. I'm a big warlock fan. I think the 2 levels in paladin for Smite makes them WAY better vs a single target though. I will likely use a full Paladin next time I play through.

5I have three that are all great at AoE. Your Shadowheart will get better soon. Actually if you're level 5 she should have Call Lightning. It's small AoE, but it's a great spell. One cast can get you 10 shots of it in a long fight. I forget when you get Sleet Storm (or ice or hail or something). It's a huge area. Spirit Guardians is strong if she's in the middle of the fight, and she gets some other big one centered around her in one big burst later too, forget what it's called.

6I think Call Lightning is the only lightning spell she gets, but it's a good one. But when you use it be sure to use the re-cast button on the far right of the bars, don't recast the spell. It lasts for 1 minute (10 rounds in combat) letting you cast another bolt each round, unless your concentration gets broken. And with her Wrath of the Storm reaction lets you get max damage from it, I think twice a day.
1 yeah... if a good set compliments her, i don't see why not use it.
2. Yeah that is true, I bet it is a world of a difference being that character as your main avy. That'd be cool, haven't thought about it that way. ***never gave her a soul coin yet either, I'm a stock piling hoarder with most everything.
3Interesting.
4. I don't know much about any of that stuff, but do want to paladin myself evil paladin in bogging down heavy armor with sword and a spell or two.... :D
5. she is level 5 i just checked she does not have Call Lightning.... she only has firebolt and the other radiant one, rest is regular cleric stuff buffs and debuffs. Yes with her one you mentioned if she is in the middle, beacon of hope or whatever the name, used it in the mob fight in the grymforge bit. Yes, recast is crucial for some spells. That is how my ranger gets by with MARK HUNT, kill them, recast, repeat repeat, til some swine hits me.
I haven't told you, I haven't slept since the blissful spores gives you 1-6 damage / dialog checks / etc etc until long sleep... haha... So every single thing I do is +6, hardly fail a dialog check or thieving or lock picking, I just can't lose that! haha... So we are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slogging by at this point. Have one short rest left, and maybe I could go quite a ways more before losing my +6 to everything !!!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
5. she is level 5 i just checked she does not have Call Lightning.... she only has firebolt and the other radiant one, rest is regular cleric stuff buffs and debuffs. Yes with her one you mentioned if she is in the middle, beacon of hope or whatever the name, used it in the mob fight in the grymforge bit. Yes, recast is crucial for some spells. That is how my ranger gets by with MARK HUNT, kill them, recast, repeat repeat, til some swine hits me.
if she's a level 5 tempest cleric she SHOULD have call lightning and sleet storm (and a few other spells like Shatter which is also a pretty solid lower level spell slot AoE). Is there a chance you need to make your hot bar bigger to show it? You may need to use the + down at the bottom right, or drag the dividers between the different sections to show more spells.

Also Ice Storm is the big damage spell I'm thinking earlier, sleet storm makes the ground hard to walk on mostly.

I haven't told you, I haven't slept since the blissful spores gives you 1-6 damage / dialog checks / etc etc until long sleep... haha... So every single thing I do is +6, hardly fail a dialog check or thieving or lock picking, I just can't lose that! haha... So we are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slogging by at this point. Have one short rest left, and maybe I could go quite a ways more before losing my +6 to everything !!!
I got that buff when I was basically about to die and REALLY needed to rest :cry:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
1if she's a level 5 tempest cleric she SHOULD have call lightning and sleet storm (and a few other spells like Shatter which is also a pretty solid lower level spell slot AoE). Is there a chance you need to make your hot bar bigger to show it? You may need to use the + down at the bottom right, or drag the dividers between the different sections to show more spells.

2Also Ice Storm is the big damage spell I'm thinking earlier, sleet storm makes the ground hard to walk on mostly.

3I got that buff when I was basically about to die and REALLY needed to rest :cry:
1 Nope, nothing. She's been mediocre on direct attacks so I'd really appreciate those spells. Karlach just hit level 7 and the rest are at 20 or so xp, actually I am mid battle with the githyaki patrol commander (the temple part you didn't get (yet)). So maybe she has it now. Karlach straight class is bump to initiative and can't be surprised, eh... I'll take that. Surprised is when we get whooped the most -- sometimes unavoidable. Bought some super good gear from the githyanki at the temple, a pink, I saw legendary for pink, unique for brown ultra rare... and gloves that bump dex to 18 so I gave that to lae'zel and shes ranged and melee really high damage for level 6 (now 7) at 20 str.

Yeah I know about the expanding toolbar / spell bar trick. No go being hidden. She has NO aoe. Good thing I level now so I can check whats the what and see 7 straight and the sub class options.

2. That sounds great... I have boots to utilize / take the advantage on difficult terrain. Now my archer / main wears the unique boots nothing difficult impedes her movement just so she don't get stuck in close combat, defensive utilization, but if I can control terrain in any manner I could put that on lae' or kar and use it offensively. So I hope for those spells.

3. OUCH! haha... I'd have reloaded :eek: haha... maybe... that is the single biggest buff you can have (that I've encountered) in the game. +1-6 on EVERYTHING... dialog checks, lock picking, trap disarming, attacks, you name it.... haha. I'm very much not using spells or anything that would require a long sleep refresh. I haven't slept since I did whatever it took to get that buff, cleared the dock maybe? My ranger is out of spell 1 and that hurts for her HUNT mark.... but I refuse to lose that blissful spores buff haha... It's going to be a sad day when I have to long rest. :eek:
Maybe it's better you never had it, haha... because losing it after so long is worse than not having it... ---- when I did dialog checks etc with my githyanki in the creche she was failing checks left and right. egh.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
1 Nope, nothing. She's been mediocre on direct attacks so I'd really appreciate those spells. Karlach just hit level 7 and the rest are at 20 or so xp, actually I am mid battle with the githyaki patrol commander (the temple part you didn't get (yet)). So maybe she has it now. Karlach straight class is bump to initiative and can't be surprised, eh... I'll take that. Surprised is when we get whooped the most -- sometimes unavoidable. Bought some super good gear from the githyanki at the temple, a pink, I saw legendary for pink, unique for brown ultra rare... and gloves that bump dex to 18 so I gave that to lae'zel and shes ranged and melee really high damage for level 6 (now 7) at 20 str.

Yeah I know about the expanding toolbar / spell bar trick. No go being hidden. She has NO aoe. Good thing I level now so I can check whats the what and see 7 straight and the sub class options.
Did you respec her? She starts as Trickery, which doesn't get any real attacks I don't think, just sneaky type stuff. I had to use Withers to change her to Tempest to get it.

• Wow

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Did you respec her? She starts as Trickery, which doesn't get any real attacks I don't think, just sneaky type stuff. I had to use Withers to change her to Tempest to get it.
Uh oh! I do have trickery... never use any of it. Will do that first order next session.
I'm not exactly sure what she is spec'd with, so many options make my head spin and after an hour of looking at it during the early important levels, I had no idea what to pick. Thanks for that because I could use those spells instead of using her as a ranged -and rarely attack spells outside of pray / bane spells---

---------------------------------------
auto double post merge:
Just found our post-rainy saturday film... SMILE...
Scary, I hope... so hard to find quality.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Uh oh! I do have trickery... never use any of it. Will do that first order next session.
I'm not exactly sure what she is spec'd with, so many options make my head spin and after an hour of looking at it during the early important levels, I had no idea what to pick. Thanks for that because I could use those spells instead of using her as a ranged -and rarely attack spells outside of pray / bane spells---
Tempest is nice for Heavy Armor for more AC and the spells I mentioned.

Light is also really good. It gets fireball and firewall instead of Call lightning and Ice Storm. Fireball is stronger than call lightning for that single turn, but call lightning lets you keep recasting it, so wins out in longer fights. Both are good options for your team I think. Light for more burst damage, Tempest for some more control and longer fight damage.

Either of those will help you with some more offensive magic. Both are 10x better than trickery I think.

I will say though, as much as I like how much magic I have there are definitely a lot of fights where I think a good archer would really come in handy.

Last edited:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I don't always delve into this thread, but I feel compelled to say how good it makes me feel to have Blink-182 back together and making banger songs again. My inner 18-year old feels like a kid again.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

Light is also really good. It gets fireball and firewall instead of Call lightning and Ice Storm. Fireball is stronger than call lightning for that single turn, but call lightning lets you keep recasting it, so wins out in longer fights. Both are good options for your team I think. Light for more burst damage, Tempest for some more control and longer fight damage.

Either of those will help you with some more offensive magic. Both are 10x better than trickery I think.

I will say though, as much as I like how much magic I have there are definitely a lot of fights where I think a good archer would really come in handy.
Have you attempted running a Monk/Fighter/Rogue combo yet? Strength based, Tavern Brawler feat.

Broken as f***.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't always delve into this thread, but I feel compelled to say how good it makes me feel to have Blink-182 back together and making banger songs again. My inner 18-year old feels like a kid again.

Yeah it’s awesome stuff and they just seem so emotionally into it and honestly just glad to have the chance to be back together. I saw them in Pittsburgh when they came through back in may and they were great. Seeing them again at When We Were Young in Vegas later this month too. Can’t wait. They were probably my first band I was really into on my own and not because my parents or older brother. Like you said, it’s a portal to being 18 again.

Have you attempted running a Monk/Fighter/Rogue combo yet? Strength based, Tavern Brawler feat.

Broken as f***.
I haven’t, no. I plan on using a monk my next play through so maybe then. I’m loving my barbarian/fighter combo though that Crits down to I think 17. With a bloodlust elixir and action surge up I get 7 great sword attacks all with advantage. Or thrown weapons/people :laugh: and I think I have like 60 ft of movement at this point too.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

I have fireball, I rarely use it for two reasons:
It is wildly inaccurate (maybe my SH just isn't good outside of buff and cursing / silencing / etc)
Even if it connects it has a 2-20 damage range. Not even considering if they have magic defense lowering the probability of even connecting.

Like I said earlier I have really splurged on ranged combat for everyone of them. My main's bow BANEs 2turns almost every hit. Karlach has REELING x2, lae'zel no buff but strength modifier towards ranged damage (now the dex gloves from the gith) ShadowHeart has FRIGHTENED x1 turn I think -- but the lowest ranged dmg out of everyone I think, now I'm guessing honestly, but roughly 6-13 or so. Right in the middle of the fire spell and is higher probability of success... no resting or otherwise on those ranged buffs.
Oh, I just read the last two lines of your post, yeah I'm not unhappy with archery at all... usually my main will tear people apart ranged with her mark hunt to boost, but if there are ranged defense heavy then karlach and lae'zel go to melee (which cut enemies down rapidly) I have a few ways of attack I suppose. SH ranged, spells, buffs, de-buffs etc...
SH just needs her identity I mean... everyone's main is either ranged or melee and specific... she doesnt really have a specific and if I had to I'd say she is just a buffer... if enemies dare to get in close she can unleash that close lvl3 spell and she can run around with it ( haha... i did it in grymforge bruhah it was quite fun)
Ok coffee, less talkey.
Almost halfway on crime and punishment, slow reading this summer.
SMILE SUCKED.
footy time =] city at gunners oh boy oh boy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad