OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
He's also taking a break from Dune before heading back to working on a script but also isn't sure if there's any good ideas for it and if there isn't then there won't be a movie. But he's stated as wanting to adapt Messiah for sure and that they had some rough idea but that it wasn't a guarantee at all.

I kind of hope he just leaves it as 2 movies.
Cast was signed for 3 I believe.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Cast was signed for 3 I believe.
I think option for three. Kind of a pay to play sort of deal. If nothing comes to fruition then it's whatever.

But I mean how the f*** do you justify a movie like Messiah adapted?

Starts the movie - "Paul, after killing billions with his war, has made a f*** ton of enemies, convinced Chani to be his side hoe, goes blind, has twins, kills an assassin through baby twin vision, then pisses off to the dunes to be a prophet talking shit about himself while his sister gets muad'dib'd by Duncan 2.0 and spares Paul's wife because she gives up everything to be a teacher to the twins."

Dune 1 + 2 are like 10/10 movies.
Dune 3 is so chaotic, DV needs to basically create a new story with bits of the original and the changes he made to make it make sense and even then, the story isn't even worth it for the two movies he made, lol.

You're better off watching the 2003 mini series with a Zesty af James McAvoy as Leto II.

Reactions: vodeni

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Apple already took a fat shit on Dark Matter's casting, might as well ruin another fav of mine.

Also it's Neuromancer, you necrophiliac.

Phone autocorrected. There was a brewery here called Necromancer.

That's kind of like not getting an adaptation.

Yeah we'll see. I didn't technically "read" it but I did listen to the audiobook.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Can NOT WAIT to play Dragons Dogma 2.
Game was so sick (and still is) it earned a second game long ago.
Anyone play Alan Wake 2?
Anyone play Factorio / Stardew Valley / Elden Ring?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Can NOT WAIT to play Dragons Dogma 2.
Game was so sick (and still is) it earned a second game long ago.
Anyone play Alan Wake 2?
Anyone play Factorio / Stardew Valley / Elden Ring?
dragons dogma is far enough down my to-play list and I haven't played anything new in so long that DD2 feels like something that simply won't ever happen :laugh:

Same with Alan Wake and it's sequel.

I should try Factorio too. Stardew is not my jam. Actually neither is Elden Ring. The Fromsoft games just don't do it for me even if I can see the appeal. It's not even the difficulty, I just don't enjoy the combat. Elden Ring is the third one I've bought and ended up not enjoying. At least I decided soon enough for this one to return it on Steam.

Reactions: LOGiK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
dragons dogma is far enough down my to-play list and I haven't played anything new in so long that DD2 feels like something that simply won't ever happen :laugh:

Same with Alan Wake and it's sequel.

I should try Factorio too. Stardew is not my jam. Actually neither is Elden Ring. The Fromsoft games just don't do it for me even if I can see the appeal. It's not even the difficulty, I just don't enjoy the combat. Elden Ring is the third one I've bought and ended up not enjoying. At least I decided soon enough for this one to return it on Steam.
I got ya. Playing CP2077 now (trying out a few for intense ray tracing. Alan wake didn't hold me, story seems to go and go and go for no reason when it could be much shorter... the HLTB (how long to beat) for wake 2 said 18 hours, bahaha... yeah... no. I'm about 30 and I'm not doing anything 'extra' wise. Too long for a story game where you are basically on rails. Good enough game... gets boring fast. Beautiful RTX.

Factorio is addicting in a .... production / assembly way... hah...
Yeah, I never finished a souls game either, play them for a bit then to the old game heap.
Yes. Why do you ask?
Curious, how much has it changed from say, 4 years back or so.... I married my chick, had it all mapped out.... built up the (place you renovate) ... Not sure I have that save now though... SO... how much added stuff was there / quality of life stuff... I need barone is _still_ working on the game..... impressive stuff. That game is so chill man....

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I got ya. Playing CP2077 now (trying out a few for intense ray tracing. Alan wake didn't hold me, story seems to go and go and go for no reason when it could be much shorter... the HLTB (how long to beat) for wake 2 said 18 hours, bahaha... yeah... no. I'm about 30 and I'm not doing anything 'extra' wise. Too long for a story game where you are basically on rails. Good enough game... gets boring fast. Beautiful RTX.

Yeah, I never finished a souls game either, play them for a bit then to the old game heap.

Curious, how much has it changed from say, 4 years back or so.... I married my chick, had it all mapped out.... built up the (place you renovate) ... Not sure I have that save now though... SO... how much added stuff was there / quality of life stuff... I need barone is _still_ working on the game..... impressive stuff. That game is so chill man....

Sorry, no clue. I only started playing it about a year and a half ago.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I want to play CP2077 but I have sworn off buying more games until I at least make some sort of dent in games I own :laugh:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
watching Loudermilk last night with my wife and here it comes the best scene ever: Date between recovering alcoholic and little woman in Seattle going wrong until by an accident they discovered that thye are big Penguins fan and that their favorite player is Malkin...lol I could not believe, the weirdist thing is that today I saw on Twitter Matt Vensel posting about the same episodeand he interviewed the writer and actor in that episode. Got to check it out

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sorry, no clue. I only started playing it about a year and a half ago.
Gotcha.
I want to play CP2077 but I have sworn off buying more games until I at least make some sort of dent in games I own :laugh:
Enjoyable. Can see where they over extended their vision. The game is absolutely massive in scope and density. I used to memorize GTA3 or 4 or even 5 map to some degree.... but a map like CP77 I just couldn't imagine with all the nooks and cranny's and such. It's much more fun action than alan wake 2.
I wanted to play this game 3 years ago, then was anticipating it since announce (around) 2014 or something. Literally waited a decade, and with all the bugs and bad talk about it I held out til they fixed it up. Phantom Lib is supposed to be the way the game should have been first time around (so I hear).... and with the 40 cards handling CP way better than the 30 cards I figured now is the time.

Hey, you think it'd be faster to install bgiii on this machine and breeze through bg III ----or power up ole sussy (old pc) to chug-a-lug through loading up and muscling through the final bit of the ending. I didn't put 300 hours into not seeing the ending through, haha....

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Gotcha.

Enjoyable. Can see where they over extended their vision. The game is absolutely massive in scope and density. I used to memorize GTA3 or 4 or even 5 map to some degree.... but a map like CP77 I just couldn't imagine with all the nooks and cranny's and such. It's much more fun action than alan wake 2.
I wanted to play this game 3 years ago, then was anticipating it since announce (around) 2014 or something. Literally waited a decade, and with all the bugs and bad talk about it I held out til they fixed it up. Phantom Lib is supposed to be the way the game should have been first time around (so I hear).... and with the 40 cards handling CP way better than the 30 cards I figured now is the time.

Hey, you think it'd be faster to install bgiii on this machine and breeze through bg III ----or power up ole sussy (old pc) to chug-a-lug through loading up and muscling through the final bit of the ending. I didn't put 300 hours into not seeing the ending through, haha....
hmm it is a pretty huge game but act 3 in general did stutter a good bit up in the main city.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
watching Loudermilk last night with my wife and here it comes the best scene ever: Date between recovering alcoholic and little woman in Seattle going wrong until by an accident they discovered that thye are big Penguins fan and that their favorite player is Malkin...lol I could not believe, the weirdist thing is that today I saw on Twitter Matt Vensel posting about the same episodeand he interviewed the writer and actor in that episode. Got to check it out

In looking for new series to watch, Loudermilk kept popping up. But now it's clear I need to add it to the list.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
In looking for new series to watch, Loudermilk kept popping up. But now it's clear I need to add it to the list.
So am I.

hmm it is a pretty huge game but act 3 in general did stutter a good bit up in the main city.
Just meant loading the game on my old pc took a pretty good while. And when loaded, stuttered here and there....
2060super is way way down the list on performance.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So I been working at the same job for almost 19 years, we have (like all the stores) made the company record profits and they are apparently rewarding us with massive cut hours...i'll go from 30-37 to 10-25 max at just under $21 an hour.

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO LIVE???? Victoria is the 3rd highest place to live in Canada ffs! extremly hard to find a place to live, or even a new job.

Company: Not our problem. :)

I guess it's time I stop being a little bitch and finally GTFO! I been wanting to get into a trade (probably plumber) for a long while now, now is my time to do it. No I am not blaming the company, I am where I am at in life because I been too lazy to improve myself, i'll never NOT blame myself.

• Wow

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So I been working at the same job for almost 19 years, we have (like all the stores) made the company record profits and they are apparently rewarding us with massive cut hours...i'll go from 30-37 to 10-25 max at just under $21 an hour.

HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO LIVE???? Victoria is the 3rd highest place to live in Canada ffs! extremly hard to find a place to live, or even a new job.

Company: Not our problem. :)

I guess it's time I stop being a little bitch and finally GTFO! I been wanting to get into a trade (probably plumber) for a long while now, now is my time to do it. No I am not blaming the company, I am where I am at in life because I been too lazy to improve myself, i'll never NOT blame myself.
Learning has occurred. Now you know not to put your life into a corp that which have one sole interest --- themself. If you're going to work for a corpo.... best to use and throw them away like they will one day do you.... but only to your benefit.

Reactions: 66-30-33

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm so pissed off at myself for not buying NVIDIA stock 10 years ago for mere 3-5 dollars.... I knew it I knew it I knew it they were going to take off and explode with computing.... now almost 900 a single share.... unbelievable.
That was one company I inadvertently followed due to gaming on pc.... so you kind of knew....

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I'm so pissed off at myself for not buying NVIDIA stock 10 years ago for mere 3-5 dollars.... I knew it I knew it I knew it they were going to take off and explode with computing.... now almost 900 a single share.... unbelievable.
That was one company I inadvertently followed due to gaming on pc.... so you kind of knew....

If you hold the right index funds, you hold NVIDIA. Also, you're not exposed to the risk of a single stock. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad