OT: HFPens Community Lounge: Or Ogrezilla and LOGiK's Nerd Thread ;)

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
In looking for new series to watch, Loudermilk kept popping up. But now it's clear I need to add it to the list.

I was dying when I saw the Pens reference on Loudermilk and my wife did too.
It's a very good show. Felt like it is the first time a show captured the nuances of addiction and such.

Note the last 2 episodes of Season 3 are not as upbeat. Threw us for a loop

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Went rucking today for 2+ miles before work for the first time, my 40 pound weighted vest came in the mail. Apparently I look like a kevlared up police officer and everyone just stares at me, kinda awkward. Ohwell, one day I will have on the entire 40 pounds instead of the 12 pounds I currently use. Anyone else here do some rucking? 12 pounds is too easy, but they say to start at 10 pounds.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Went rucking today for 2+ miles before work for the first time, my 40 pound weighted vest came in the mail. Apparently I look like a kevlared up police officer and everyone just stares at me, kinda awkward. Ohwell, one day I will have on the entire 40 pounds instead of the 12 pounds I currently use. Anyone else here do some rucking? 12 pounds is too easy, but they say to start at 10 pounds.

I just recently learned "rucking" was a thing when my company CEO mentioned it on a town hall. I was barely paying attention and had to double-take....wait she likes to spend her free time doing WHAT??! Ooooh...Rucking. Got it.

It seems a neat idea but it also seems like what we old assholes used to call "hiking." I actually want to get back into just hiking this spring/summer and find some good trails in my area. Homie needs to drop some fat and I'd just as soon do it in nature.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Hiking rules, can't wait for the hiking season to start here (though hiking in the Czech Republic is hiking on easy mode, tbqh). Rucking is basically if you want to make hiking worse on your joints for yourself or you want to become a professional soldier.

Been working out at this Vietnamese-Chinese San Da club lately, and it's a lot of fun to use judo throws against guys who don't see them coming. They have some really nifty setups too that I'm going to steal.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Dragons Dogma II reviews saying its a killer game... but marred by drm or poor .... poor.... development or design or something or other.... heavy on the cpu for nothing in particular, may wait a few months until a patch is up front and center.

Waited 3 years, or however long it's been, to play cybertpunk2077 and it was well worth the wait... game is a joy.

Hiking rules, can't wait for the hiking season to start here (though hiking in the Czech Republic is hiking on easy mode, tbqh). Rucking is basically if you want to make hiking worse on your joints for yourself or you want to become a professional soldier.

Been working out at this Vietnamese-Chinese San Da club lately, and it's a lot of fun to use judo throws against guys who don't see them coming. They have some really nifty setups too that I'm going to steal.
Do you have ticks there?
Ticks ruin hiking in PA. Being in the woods was a passion of mine.... but after picking off a couple dozen ticks from your clothes every single time you go out -and not even in the brush mind you---the bastards blow in the wind(THEY DO!)----
So yeah... hiking is only now on major trails, which are inherently populated by people, which hurts the experience.... but.... trade-off is no ticks.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Folks, Switzerland is super nice. I'm here for work and this was a picture from a walk we took at a lunch break.

IMG_1245.jpeg

Also I'm super jealous of their public transportation. I'm using all buses and trains all week and not a single one has been more than a minute off either direction from the scheduled time, it's incredible. It helps that there's hardly any traffic because people can use the public transportation :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If you hold the right index funds, you hold NVIDIA. Also, you're not exposed to the risk of a single stock. :)
I own stock that was bought in my name... never bought it myself.
So technically I don't know what that means =P
But I did research --- and I still don't know =]

I get the gist of it (I always used to type 'jist' and now I'm changing to gist). Money makes money.
No... I really don't get it outside of the basics.
:dunno:

------------------------------------

DRAGONS DOGMA II IS OUT (today? at some point at least!)
Heard it looks wild.... wonder how it plays.... anyone plays lemmeknow!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watched bottoms on the plane today and it was great. Such a fun and over-the-top silly movie that still knows how to occasionally let emotions happen without a joke.
Watched annabelle out of left field despite the ratings being 30% and 50% and it wasn't even half as bad as that, for a regular ole' horror flick.

Then we watched 'The Innocents' (from norway i think) and I can't stand superhero movies even though this wasn't technically a superhero movie though they had 'powers' .... and while shot beautifully and interesting enough (and decent child actor/actress) it was really good for a 'kids with powers' film.

Getting thin on my movie's available to watch and comment on... seen so many already :cool:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watched Annabelle 1, 2 (creation), 3 (unfortunately).... Can kind of watch 2 before 1 but doesn't really matter.... the third film will destroy any 'world rules' built between the first two.... really really crappy. The review that says its like a monster theme park is 100% accurate. Like it doesnt want to be a doll movie about Annabelle.

First movie wifey picked in a good long bit of time and the first two were actually good.... 2/3 is a winner =]

Now on to the next horror film(s)... anyone recommend anything I may have missed?

add:
Finished my third book, the light fantastic, wow... no... that is the second book from the discworld. 39 more to go! Just bought out the wizards/rincewind set. Looks like I'm all in on discworld complete set.

addadd:
eclipse monday and comet.... (which you can see just at -sunset- and just after for a short time) earthquakes are coming too.... everyone wants to look at an eclipse... I'm hiding from the whole event of it.

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I just keep reading about AI lately, it's so amazing. But...future might be bad when everyone loses their jobs and people are going to jail for fake AI videos of people getting framed. I wonder what will happen when nobody has a job anymore? we killing eachother off or will AI be used to do everything and we wont need to work anymore with our own AI bots assisting us?

• Wow
Reactions: LOGiK

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Anyone have an idea on who “Sketch” is? He’s been all of my social feeds lately. Best I can gather is he’s a streamer cosplaying as someone with autism.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I just keep reading about AI lately, it's so amazing. But...future might be bad when everyone loses their jobs and people are going to jail for fake AI videos of people getting framed. I wonder what will happen when nobody has a job anymore? we killing eachother off or will AI be used to do everything and we wont need to work anymore with our own AI bots assisting us?
Just came to say I'd watched 'ABSENTIA' and it was a great little mystery/thriller/scary bits type of film. Watching DOCTOR SLEEP tonight, or whenever we can muster up three hours for a film =P.

Then I read your post :eek2:

Me?
I'd prefer a quite life in the country. If I had lots of bread, or a way to produce my own, I'd have a sleepable yacht house boat type sail boat as well.
I haven't used or really even seen computer learning software or otherwise (knowingly that is).

On jobs.... sure. Most jobs can be wiped out or drawn back somewhat to automation. My job is completely one of those... I do nothing but read and sleep and stare out at the view for 95% of my shift and I get paid good to do it :laugh:
People should contribute something to society or the towns or communities they live in. If they go the route of everyone getting cost of living paychecks just to sit home and get fat and consume without contribution... that paves a dark path in blood.
Just kind of opinionating for sake of conversation... and this conversation can take a thousand different turns.... but it wasn't always going to end it disaster. Or was it?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
we have royally f***ed up with AI. It's taking our art jobs, not our shitty labor :laugh:
On jobs.... sure. Most jobs can be wiped out or drawn back somewhat to automation. My job is completely one of those... I do nothing but read and sleep and stare out at the view for 95% of my shift and I get paid good to do it :laugh:
People should contribute something to society or the towns or communities they live in. If they go the route of everyone getting cost of living paychecks just to sit home and get fat and consume without contribution... that paves a dark path in blood.
Just kind of opinionating for sake of conversation... and this conversation can take a thousand different turns.... but it wasn't always going to end it disaster. Or was it?
it's tricky because we are adding more and more automation so need less people to do jobs. If there just genuinely aren't enough jobs with the current system, you can't just say oh well go starve to death. The answer is that "contribute" doesn't have to be a 40 hour job. Well also way too many 40 hour jobs don't cover expenses but that's a different issue. But as we get more and more workers and less jobs that need them we need to start looking to adjust expectations of requiring the same things we do now to "earn a living".

also, is there anything better than having your last meeting of the day cancelled and you can just pack it up instead?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LOGiK

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Just came to say I'd watched 'ABSENTIA' and it was a great little mystery/thriller/scary bits type of film. Watching DOCTOR SLEEP tonight, or whenever we can muster up three hours for a film =P.

Then I read your post :eek2:

Me?
I'd prefer a quite life in the country. If I had lots of bread, or a way to produce my own, I'd have a sleepable yacht house boat type sail boat as well.
I haven't used or really even seen computer learning software or otherwise (knowingly that is).

I'm so excited for the future, but I am equally worried because how people are. Humans for ONCE should do the right thing and just use it for GOOD! make life easier, not use it for war or slavery, or scamming. Medicine and like Elon Musk says, use it for space travel to go out on other planets and have humans start going to other planets...maybe make some type of teleporter that can instantly teleport you from planets. That would be amazing!
we have royally f***ed up with AI. It's taking our art jobs, not our shitty labor :laugh:

it's tricky because we are adding more and more automation so need less people to do jobs. If there just genuinely aren't enough jobs with the current system, you can't just say oh well go starve to death. The answer is that "contribute" doesn't have to be a 40 hour job. Well also way too many 40 hour jobs don't cover expenses but that's a different issue. But as we get more and more workers and less jobs that need them we need to start looking to adjust expectations of requiring the same things we do now to "earn a living".

also, is there anything better than having your last meeting of the day cancelled and you can just pack it up instead?

I wanna keep "shitty labor jobs", I wanna start doing them. I hope we wont need "money" anymore, we just do what we want with our "bots", but that's just pure fantasy. That would be stupid enslaving us, what a waste of tech the rich would use AI for.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
1we have royally f***ed up with AI. It's taking our art jobs, not our shitty labor :laugh:

2it's tricky because we are adding more and more automation so need less people to do jobs. If there just genuinely aren't enough jobs with the current system, you can't just say oh well go starve to death. The answer is that "contribute" doesn't have to be a 40 hour job. Well also way too many 40 hour jobs don't cover expenses but that's a different issue. But as we get more and more workers and less jobs that need them we need to start looking to adjust expectations of requiring the same things we do now to "earn a living".

1 :laugh: BUT TRUE. Computers in the 90's -"they're going to make our lives easier." mmmhmmm. When would the easier part come in?

2. Yes. It is so difficult to watch society to tell me 'oh well, they don't contribute so they are useless' types of propaganda. Just a human being same as you and me. Hands down, end of story. Ya know, not everyone wants to slave their entire youthful lives away for 40 years just to _possibly_ _maybe_ make it to 65 years to maybe possibly collect a pittance (retirement) to live maybe a few more years.
But I'd imagine they are aware of it and need to push work work work work.... even if automation clearly can manage what would you say? 50% or more of today's types of jobs?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
1I'm so excited for the future, but I am equally worried because how people are. Humans for ONCE should do the right thing and just use it for GOOD! make life easier, not use it for war or slavery, or scamming. (2)Medicine and like Elon Musk says, use it for space travel to go out on other planets and have humans start going to other planets...maybe make some type of teleporter that can instantly teleport you from planets. That would be amazing!

3 I wanna keep "shitty labor jobs", I wanna start doing them. I hope we wont need "money" anymore, we just do what we want with our "bots", but that's just pure fantasy. That would be stupid enslaving us, what a waste of tech the rich would use AI for.
1. Don't make me get my spongebob infinite scrolling laugh gif out! =]
That just is not going to happen. The power percent .01 or whatever crap they are... ain't letting it happen man. Never. Never ever. Never ever never.
2. I personally do not believe we can leave earth. This is all we have and we better take care of it.
3. Yeah, crappy labor jobs nobody wants to do. I'm torn on days between automation and 'don't do it it'll backfire right in your face!' old-fashioned.
But I fear the future big time. I think it will be in the middle of bad and good, always seems the most likely course.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
New but similar job in same field and I’m watching about 10% of the sports I did for years. Otherwise not much :laugh:

You get into anything exciting in your time away from this pit?

Nothing much new same job, same place. I don’t watch much sports either these days. I discovered Red Dead Redemption 2 last Christmas and are a little obsessed 😂

1 big change, one of my pugs passed. Broke my heart (don’t think it’ll ever mend).

IMG_5811.jpeg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Nothing much new same job, same place. I don’t watch much sports either these days. I discovered Red Dead Redemption 2 last Christmas and are a little obsessed 😂

1 big change, one of my pugs passed. Broke my heart (don’t think it’ll ever mend).

View attachment 851071
RDR2 is great fun. The world itself is A+++++++ the story after a certain point goes from a, to b, c, to d, to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Literally just becomes, "go (indicated on map) here and kill (anywhere from 1 to 100 cowpoke) cowboys over and over and over and over.
The open world though, just wonderful.

where ya been anyhow

Reactions: Tom Hanks

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Rofl...I am always goofing off with the female co workers and get accused of harrassing them from customers even when both explaining we always goof off to eachother. I love being falsely accused of things. Didn't care what either of us said, I am a bad guy and I should be punished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad