OT: HFJets Video Gamers Anonymous

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
My SeriesX came in but it's supposed to be my Christmas gift so my mom doesn't want me to open it until Christmas :oops:.

I think I'll be able to hold out a while, I don't have a 4k tv anyway until my new one comes in but this is going to be a long month lol.

Reactions: Jets 31

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I play exclusively on PS, (ps4 at this time, but looking at getting a 5), and I prefer off line games, as I have zero interest in competing against annoying 12-15 year old kids. This whole socializing gaming thing is stupid in my opinion.
I just bought Ghost Recon: BreakPoint and am enjoying the open world aspect to it.
Spider-Man was fantastic and I’m looking at getting the new Miles Morales game.
I liked the NHL games before EB started changing them to much and completely ruining the game with those changes.
Civ Revolution 2 is my go to game for when I’m bored and just not feeling like getting to involved.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I play exclusively on PS, (ps4 at this time, but looking at getting a 5), and I prefer off line games, as I have zero interest in competing against annoying 12-15 year old kids. This whole socializing gaming thing is stupid in my opinion.
I just bought Ghost Recon: BreakPoint and am enjoying the open world aspect to it.
Spider-Man was fantastic and I’m looking at getting the new Miles Morales game.
I liked the NHL games before EB started changing them to much and completely ruining the game with those changes.
Civ Revolution 2 is my go to game for when I’m bored and just not feeling like getting to involved.
Ya, i don't online game either and Spiderman was a great game. Also liked all the Batman games. I hope this new Avengers game is good, it looks good in the previews i've seen.

Reactions: BatVader

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Ya, i don't online game either and Spiderman was a great game. Also liked all the Batman games. I hope this new Avengers game is good, it looks good in the previews i've seen.
The Arkham series is one of the best superhero game series I’ve ever played... just amazing..and Spider-Man was close, very well made game. I have high hopes for the Miles game.
I’m curious about the Avengers game.... but I’ll likely wait for some player reviews before buying it

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Appreciate the input, I'll wait for a big sale for this one.

The hate is greatly overblown and stems from a myriad of illegitimate issues related to the story. It takes actual risks narratively and a lot of people didn't like that.

It got universal critical acclaim and sold exceptionally well. If you liked the 1st one I would definitely recommend it. I'm pretty sure it's on sale on the PSN store if you want it right now.

That's not to say the game is perfect by any means. I think it's a few hours too long and the combat encounters can be a bit more frustrating than the original. But anyone who paid attention to the "controversy" online knows to be weary of a lot of the so called criticism.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Atoyot

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
There's a pretty in-depth thread about the Last of Us 2 over on the gaming section of HF. A few of the guys over there really care about their games and there's some interesting discussion on both sides.

As for me I'm counting down the days until work is done for the year and I can put some time back into my PC and Switch.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Appreciate the input, I'll wait for a big sale for this one.
That's why i just bought it, it's on sale for 39.99 right now. For 39.99 if it's crap it's not that bad. The first was so good i have a hard time believing it's utter crap, i will let you know.

Reactions: Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
The hate is greatly overblown and stems from a myriad of illegitimate issues related to the story. It takes actual risks narratively and a lot of people didn't like that.

It got universal critical acclaim and sold exceptionally well. If you liked the 1st one I would definitely recommend it. I'm pretty sure it's on sale on the PSN store if you want it right now.

That's not to say the game is perfect by any means. I think it's a few hours too long and the combat encounters can be a bit more frustrating than the original. But anyone who paid attention to the "controversy" online knows to be weary of a lot of the so called criticism.
I figured, I've read a lot of complaints that are based in areas that I know wouldn't bother me, but it's not a game I'll be rushing to play right now regardless and that company has a solid history of giving away their games or giving really good sales after awhile so I'm content to just wait for that moment.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario

Critics praise the game but most gamers I know say the game is not good.

@Kyosama The 2nd video illustrates that this guy's opinion is worthless. Well, both of them do actually.

If you care about awards, it won 6 Golden Joysticks which are voted by fans. It's also on pace to be the best selling PS4 exclusive, and since the PS4 is obsolete now will likely get that record and retain it.

Was there a point to those videos?

Last edited:

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Yup and got rid of it.

Never would want to play it again.

Me and you will just have to agree to disagree.

You're allowed to dislike the game. Hell, I liked it less than 1st myself. Although I don't think it's bad.

Just don't mistake the hate it got for the actual opinion of the wider gaming community. It's a highly regarded game, and no amount of cringe YouTube videos from channels with clickbait thumbnails and videos that only ever just cross the 10 minute mark to get that sweet monetization will change that. Its success speaks for itself.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Majority of gamers aren't in favor of the game.

Last of Us 1 is loved by the majority of gamers while part 2 simply isn't.

Every winner at the Golden Joystick Awards 2020 | GamesRadar+

Those are voted on by fans by the way. Don't worry, it'll sweep most of the awards shows handed out by critics who are totally not gamers at all too. And it'll still be a record breaking game in terms of sales for Sony as well.

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt but I have a hunch you're one of those people who think it's impossible for Abby to have muscles.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone gamers streaming their gameplay with a capture card & OBS software AND consider themselves an expert on the medium?

I could use some advice on something, but its super techy...

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Yet when you look up the reviews there's tons of gamers giving the game a thumbs down.

What reviews? Metacritic? The site where you don't even need to own the game to post a review? The site where it was getting review bombed before it even came out? Or the YouTube videos where people also don't need to own the game to spout their nonsensical opinions.

All these gamers that you know so well hate it, but the record breaking sales, critical reception, and literal fan voted GOTY awards don't mean anything. Riiiiiiight.

This game must really live rent free in your head. Shoo, shoo.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Steam Fall sale is on. Picked up GreedFall for 66% off. It's been on my wishlist for awhile so glad to finally be able to pick it up. Still very early in but so far it's pretty good

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What reviews? Metacritic? The site where you don't even need to own the game to post a review? The site where it was getting review bombed before it even came out? Or the YouTube videos where people also don't need to own the game to spout their nonsensical opinions.

All these gamers that you know so well hate it, but the record breaking sales, critical reception, and literal fan voted GOTY awards don't mean anything. Riiiiiiight.

This game must really live rent free in your head. Shoo, shoo.
Just gotta say........ :laugh:

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I haven't really been feeling like taking on any big games, so I pulled out Wheel of Fortune for PS3. Pretty fun and a good way to entertain the braincells for awhile :laugh:

maxresdefault.jpg

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Recently started playing Sea of Thieves - it's better than I thought it would be (I'm not an MMO fan). The multiplayer aspect is well-implemented and I either sail a brigantine with my 2 teenage sons or run a 4-player galleon with my buddies. Nice graphics, decent quests. Occasionally you meet jerks/griefers out there, but you can always log off and switch servers. Been a fun way to connect during lockdown. (And if any of you play, my user name is the same over there)

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Got the Avengers game, only played for a little so far but it's pretty good, great graphics. I'm getting Last of us 2 tomorrow, UPS is horrible by the way, they said i was getting the game on Wednesday which then became Thursday which then became Friday which then became Monday, unbelievable. Had a different delivery company for the Avengers game and they were early, UPS get your shit together. :shakehead

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I played for quite a while. It's been at least a year - probably longer since I've touched it.

Only game I play now a days, I started back when it first came out in 2012 and played the same account since then. I still enjoy it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad