OT: HFJets Video Gamers Anonymous

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Been playing that new Avengers game on PS4 and it's pretty good, i just realized the guy voicing Iron Man is the same guy that voices the lead character in all the Uncharted games. Fun fact.:laugh:

Reactions: BatVader

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Was playing NHL 21 at my sons the other day and noticed that Samberg isn’t in the game.
He’s not AHL, and the game doesn’t have US NCAA hockey teams.
Very weird that EA leaves out those teams.
Also the game itself is pretty bad... annoying features involving challenges, interviews, and other stupid features.... EA is doing everything they can to ruin that franchise

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Anyone going to play Cyberpunk? Heard it's the new big thing. Debating getting it after I open my Series X on Christmas.

I'm going to wait until they release a proper next gen version before grabbing it (assuming I even have a PS5 for myself at that point). Apparently the game is also ridiculously buggy at the moment.

The developers also never sent any review codes for the base PS4/Xbox One versions of the game so I'm morbidly curious as to how terribly it performs on those consoles as well.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I’m very curious, but gonna wait for a few player reviews before buying

I'm going to wait until they release a proper next gen version before grabbing it (assuming I even have a PS5 for myself at that point). Apparently the game is also ridiculously buggy at the moment.

The developers also never sent any review codes for the base PS4/Xbox One versions of the game so I'm morbidly curious as to how terribly it performs on those consoles as well.
Good points.

I was surprised at the lack of a proper next gen version. I did read that if you buy the current version on your series X that they will upgrade to the next gen version for free, can anyone confirm/deny that?

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
GameSpot gave Cyberpunk 2077 a 7/10. Waiting for the video review on Youtube to see the backlash that occurs.

Like everything you should read / watch reviews from multiple sources. GameSpot has been really sliding these last few years. I heard the reviewer from GameSpot didn't do any side quests, crafting, weapon upgrades... Basically the core things that make an RPG game great.

RCAFguy

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Just finished a complete playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy and am currently 50 hrs into my 4th playthrough of The Witcher 3 :Wild Hunt.

If you haven't played The Witcher 3 yet, I can not recommended it highly enough! It's amazing!

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Believe it or not, I've never played the mass effect games. I know I should be shot - but with the remastered series in the works I'll definitely be picking it up when it's out

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
GameSpot gave Cyberpunk 2077 a 7/10. Waiting for the video review on Youtube to see the backlash that occurs.
That was a horrible review tho...

She barely played the game, and is not really at all part of the target group.

She is known for bad takes...

Said a pokemon game had "too much water"

And also that the Zombies "were too white" in days gone - Even tho the game has an explanation for why they are pale/white...

Last edited:
Reactions: YellowheadChiefs

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Believe it or not, I've never played the mass effect games. I know I should be shot - but with the remastered series in the works I'll definitely be picking it up when it's out
Andromeda was a shit show tho.

1,2 and 3 :clap::clap::clap::bow:

Never got my hands on a next gen console, but have been waiting for CP77 for 8 years, and I played the table top game back in the day.

Concerned that they never showed any current gen footage, and I hear there was a good reason..
Soo, I really want to get it, concerned that current gen will ruin the experience tho.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Andromeda was a shit show tho.

1,2 and 3 :clap::clap::clap::bow:

Never got my hands on a next gen console, but have been waiting for CP77 for 8 years, and I played the table top game back in the day.

Concerned that they never showed any current gen footage, and I hear there was a good reason..
Soo, I really want to get it, concerned that current gen will ruin the experience tho.

I thought Andromeda was decent, but compared to what had come before, not so good. Also no Commander Shepard, that's a hard sell (for me anyways. Especially since my Shepard possibly survived ME3!)

ME2 one of the best games I've ever played

Reactions: nhlpro

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I thought Andromeda was decent, but compared to what had come before, not so good. Also no Shepherd, that's a hard sell (for me anyways. Especially since my Shepherd possible survived ME3!)

Agree about ME2, absolute masterpiece.

Andromeda was buggy as hell, and was just all over the place storywise, plus full of wonky animations and facial expressions..

Did not like :(

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Agree about ME2, absolute masterpiece.

Andromeda was buggy as hell, and was just all over the place storywise, plus full of wonky animations and facial expressions..

Did not like :(

I played it about a year after it was released so I think most if the bugs were fixed at that point. I usually wait a good 6 months after a game is released precisely for that reason haha.

Really looking forward to playing the remastered trilogy someday.

I believe I did 4 playthroughs of ME2

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I played it about a year after it was released so I think most if the bugs were fixed at that point. I usually wait a good 6 months after a game is released precisely for that reason haha.

Really looking forward to playing the remastered trilogy someday.

I believe I did 4 playthroughs of ME2
I was on that game on release, and off it just as fast :laugh:

It does pay off waiting, some games I just cant wait for tho.

Yeah, I have done 3 myself, gets better everytime. Remasters will be brilliant!

RCAFguy

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I thought Andromeda was decent, but compared to what had come before, not so good. Also no Commander Shepard, that's a hard sell (for me anyways. Especially since my Shepard possibly survived ME3!)

Out of the 3 (won't count Andromeda as I've never played it) I liked 2 the least. Still loved it but found the leveling system to linear and hated the lack of customization.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Cyberpunk on PS4 and Xbox One is pretty bad... May want to hold off purchasing until they make some improvements. Pretty inexcusable imho.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't play alot of vid but the new Avengers game is very good. I haven't really played Last of us 2 yet, trying to remember all the moves in the Avengers game takes up all my memory. :laugh:

Reactions: BatVader

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad