HFHabs 2020 Mock Draft - Completed

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
:nashville select...

ckp-p202001020631801.jpg

C Kristian Tanus

"A double overager, Tanus' selection is long overdue. The undersized Finn shares a lot of similarities with Ruslan Iskhakov, the New York Islanders draft pick: he's fast, but not too fast, quick, but not too quick- it's between the ears where Tanus sets himself apart. He thinks the game ahead of everyone else and makes excellent offensive plays. Given his size, it's no shocker that Tanus struggles with the physical part of the game, though he has managed to stick at the top men's level in Finland. He has some severe flaws and some impressive strengths, a true wildcard pick."

PMing

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
1 (16): D William Wallinder
2 (37): RW Tyson Foerster
2 (47): LHD Alexander Nikishin
3 (73): LW Antonio Stranges
3 (78): RW Maxim Groshev
5 (140): C Parker Ford
6 (171): C Kristian Tanus

Not too shabby.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With pick #172, the Vancouver Canucks select, from Calgary of the WHL, defenseman Luke Prokop
60-prokop,-luke-(10)-ep.jpg

''Luke Prokop is a strong player who utilizes his size to his advantage in corner puck battles. The 2017 seventh overall selection in the WHL bantam draft is definitely defensive-minded, however, he exhibits a further offensive upside. Prokop has shown terrific gap control and the ability to make outlet passes to be a strength. While in the offensive zone, Prokop is terrific when it comes to sending hard low shots to the net which are often redirected, the young defender showing all this while playing minimal power play ''

@Vachon23 is up next for Columbus, I'm sending him a message right now.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Colombus take Xavier Simoneau
He seems to be a popular late round gamble around here ! I'm fine with it if it ends up being the case IRL, this organisation could stand to gamble more on local overagers with some upside with the late rounders . I'd take that over the super long term highschool guys, we never seem to hit gold on those.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He seems to be a popular late round gamble around here ! I'm fine with it if it ends up being the case IRL, this organisation could stand to gamble more on local overagers with some upside with the late rounders . I'd take that over the super long term highschool guys, we never seem to hit gold on those.

I never understood why he wasn’t draft last year. Yes he’s small but he has alote of skills and great character. He’s like Gally/Marchand on the ice sometimes

OriginalCanadian

May 13, 2015
The Hammer
With pick 175, the Islanders select...Axel Rindell RD from Jukurit in Liiga

axel-rindell.jpg

Axel led all U20 defensemen in Liiga this year with 22pts in 47gp while playing for the low scoring Jukurit squad. We really like the offensive mindset that he brings to the rink every day. He's the type of defenseman that can piggyback a powerplay unit with both his passing ability and a strong shot from the point. He has no problems getting around the ice and his overall speed and footwork is above average. As a U20 player already producing in a men's league it is hard to pass on the potential here.

NYI draft so far:
82: Jack Finley (C) 6'5" 207lbs Spokane WHL
113: Carson Bantle (LW) 6'4" 201lbs Madison USHL
144: Zachary Uens (LD) 6'2" 185lbs Merrimack NCAA
175: Axel Rindell (RD) 6'0" 176lbs Jukurit Liiga

PMing @Hope Of Glory

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I'm gonna go completely off-rails with this one, but for nepotism's sake, and the slightest of chances that he could turn out to be anywhere near as good as his dad, Toronto picks, the "Brett Hull" of this year's draft: Danny Weight from Boston College - NCAA!

Weight_cropped.jpg

Toronto's picks:
50. Nico Daws - Guelph Storm (OHL)
112. Alex Laferriere - Des Moines (USHL)
117. Colby Ambrosio - Tri-City Storm (USHL)
148. Landon Slaggert - U of Notre Dame (USNTDP)
174. Luke Reid - U of New Hampshire (NCAA)
178. Danny Weight - Boston College (NCAA)

@CapSpace has been PMed.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah guys, this is the home stretch, let's finish this up with a bang ! This site used to be 100% dedicated to prospects and drafting way back in the day , let's go back to that spirit a little ! :jump:

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad