HFHabs 2020 Mock Draft - Completed

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
I used to check multiple times a day, but not having a 6th rounder, I skipped 4 days and honestly, I wasn't even nervous I'd had missed my pick.

Still plenty of people on my list and I'm picking twice at the end of the 7th, so yeah people, let's keep this going please!

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
The Pittburgs Pinguins are very happy to complete their 2020 draft with the selection of Maksim Kroviyakov from SKA-1946.
Logging significant minutes as a 17 years old center in key situations for one of the better teams in the Russian junior (With my boy Marat) while showing impressive offensive tools.
Krovyakov’s combination of size and skating ability draw attention. His acceleration is very good and he has good foot speed for a his frame, he can still work on his technique and stand.
Krovyakov use his size well in the corners along the board to protect the puck and in front of the net to provide screens and hunt for rebounds.
Show good play making abiilities but he is more of a finisher with a great and quick shot.
He is more a complementary player, augmenting and complementing what is created by his teammates.

Recap Pitt (No 1st/No 2nd)
87 - Pittsburgh: Kasper Puutio
118 - Pittsburgh: Juuso Maenpaa
149 - Pittsburgh: Maksim Beryozkin
180 - Maksim Kroviyakov

Kinda happy went some projects but I see NHL upside in everyone of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
:flyers is proud to select Kyle Crnkovic!
D_-EjmnUIAAs2SL.jpg

He's a skilled and speedy winger, and at this point in the draft, we would like to gamble on his high end skill.

26: John-Jason Peterka
57: Luke Evangelista
119: Adam Wilsby
150: Elliot Ekmark
181: Kyle Crnkovic

@Natey is up and pmd

Reactions: Carl182

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I'm gonna go completely off-rails with this one, but for nepotism's sake, and the slightest of chances that he could turn out to be anywhere near as good as his dad, Toronto picks, the "Brett Hull" of this year's draft: Danny Weight from Boston College - NCAA!

Weight_cropped.jpg

Toronto's picks:
50. Nico Daws - Guelph Storm (OHL)
112. Alex Laferriere - Des Moines (USHL)
117. Colby Ambrosio - Tri-City Storm (USHL)
148. Landon Slaggert - U of Notre Dame (USNTDP)
174. Luke Reid - U of New Hampshire (NCAA)
178. Danny Weight - Boston College (NCAA)

@CapSpace has been PMed.
This guy looks like he is 5 years old.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The Washington Capitals are proud to select, defenseman, David Aebischer.

GAT_BilodeauGabriel_Action_201819-1024x683.jpg

I'm almost certain I drafted Aebischer last year, but he's an extremely talented defenseman. He'll be playing in Fribourg this season, which is a very good league after spending the last two seasons in Gatineau. Before Gatineau, he was brought up in the Fribourg system, so he should be well equipped to jump right in. Very excited to get him yet again. If he doesn't make the NHL, he'll still be a huge part of the Swiss defensive corps for years to come.

PS. Apologizes for taking longer than half an hour. I sat down the the couch with every intention and crashed until my dogs wanted out.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With pick #183, the Tampa Bay Lightnings select, from the Everett Silvertips of the WHL, forward Michal Gut .
62-gut,-michael-(3).jpg

''
Czech centre with good size, feet, and hands. Displays decent hand in tight spaces. Has enough speed to get separation and shows good footwork. He is a goal scorer first and foremost, and puts himself in position to receive pucks and place his shots in small openings. A little too deliberate and might take a bit longer before teeing his shots up. Can handle punishment to succeed offensively. Has a willingness to go head on one to one against defenders, highly confident in his capabilities in that end. ''
''His rookie season in the Dub ended up coming a bit short of expectation, more so since he already had some experience in the senior league back home. We do like his overall potential though and feel he's well worth the late round gamble''
@A Loyal Hot Dog is up next for Toronto. PMing him right now.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Toronto selects Ethan Bowen.

Big framed centre He is able to compact his frame and gain balance while frequenting small spaces. Good on the cycle on downright deceptive and will step up undetected from the outside. Natural strong and selfishness holds the biscuit in scoring areas and it usually needs up being the right thought. He is a very skilled centre-wing squares up to receive pucks and ramp his tempo up at the proper time. Lean and athletic, and a dangerous shooter who can pick the corners. Was somewhat disappointing after his return from broken wrist injury. Committed to the University of North Dakota. His physical tools and high hockey IQ seem to process well and a bit more momentum might seal the deal on misname being called.

Toronto's picks:
184. Ethan Bowen - Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)

@MarkovsKnee is next, and PMed!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With their last pick of the draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select Charlie Desroches (RD).

1. Tim Stutzle (C)
2. Quinton Byfield (C)
3. Braden Schneider (RD)
4. Ryan O'Rourke (LD)
5. Zion Nybeck (LW)
6. Sam Colangelo (RW)
7. Carter Savoie (LW)
8. Luke Tuch (LW)
9. Sean Farrell (RW)
10. Eamon Powell (RD)
11. Calle Clang (G)
12. Leo Loof (LD)
13. Charlie Desroches (RD)

Pretty happy with this draft. I feel like the first 5 picks are guaranteed NHLers. After that got some talented and high upside forwards and organizational depth on D and in goal.

I can take over some picks in the 7th.

Reactions: Habs76

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With pick pick #186, the Boston Bruins select, from the Kamloops Blazers of the WHL, Goaltender Dylan Garand.
1-Dylan-Garand_1028.jpg

''Garand does a good job of staying square to the shooter, moving well on his feet with good body control. He is laterally quick and has a solid base when in the butterfly. He needs to get stronger, especially in his core and lower body to help stay upright while getting a good push side to side. He's a bit smaller size wise than what teams are typically looking for nowadays but at 6 ft 1 he's not painfully short either ''

@WeThreeKings takes us into the 7th round .

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
:habs

MTL is happy to select Billy Constantinou!

11-constantinou,-billy-(63).jpg

1 (8): Alexander Holtz
(39): Marat Khusnutdinov
(40): Martin Chromiak
(61): Daniil Gushchin
(70): Mitchell Miller
(89): Brandon Coe
(98): Samuel Knazko
(101): Samuel Hlavaj
(105): Yegor Sokolov
(132): Marko Stacha
(139): Ian Moore
(163): Hugo Styf
(188): Billy Constantinou

PMing

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
With their last pick of the draft, the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select Charlie Desroches (RD).

1. Tim Stutzle (C)
2. Quinton Byfield (C)
3. Braden Schneider (RD)
4. Ryan O'Rourke (LD)
5. Zion Nybeck (LW)
6. Sam Colangelo (RW)
7. Carter Savoie (LW)
8. Luke Tuch (LW)
9. Sean Farrell (RW)
10. Eamon Powell (RD)
11. Calle Clang (G)
12. Leo Loof (LD)
13. Charlie Desroches (RD)

Pretty happy with this draft. I feel like the first 5 picks are guaranteed NHLers. After that got some talented and high upside forwards and organizational depth on D and in goal.

I can take over some picks in the 7th.
I think calling O'Rourke and especially Nybeck surefire NHLers is a stretch but that's a really good draft nonetheless.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think calling O'Rourke and especially Nybeck surefire NHLers is a stretch but that's a really good draft nonetheless.

I think Nybeck can make it as a competitive middle 6 forward who adds offense, and O'Rourke as a bottom pairing transition D, although not immediately.

The first 3 picks will transition Ottawa to a top team. I can easily see the Sens bring in a half dozen rookies next year or the year after and become suddenly good like the Leafs.

They had the top team in the AHL last year and it's all prospects. Then add 2 top 5 players in this draft along with Tkachuk and Chabot already on the team.

I can't see Sens not having a good draft. They have three 1st rounders, four 2nds and two 3rds and their own 4th. 10 picks in top 100 including 2 in top 5. Unbelievable.

Reactions: kevsavard95

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
:leafs are proud to select from the Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL the giant, Louis Crevier.

louis-crevier-of-the-chicoutimi-sagueneens-skates-against-the-armada-picture-id1177853034

Toronto's picks:
184. Ethan Bowen - Univ. of North Dakota (NCAA)
189. Louis Crevier - Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL)

@Schooner Guy has been PMed.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
With pick pick #186, the Boston Bruins select, from the Kamloops Blazers of the WHL, Goaltender Dylan Garand.
1-Dylan-Garand_1028.jpg

''Garand does a good job of staying square to the shooter, moving well on his feet with good body control. He is laterally quick and has a solid base when in the butterfly. He needs to get stronger, especially in his core and lower body to help stay upright while getting a good push side to side. He's a bit smaller size wise than what teams are typically looking for nowadays but at 6 ft 1 he's not painfully short either ''

@WeThreeKings takes us into the 7th round .

Noooooo! That's why I hated not having a 6th... Even guys I picked in the 5th might have been better suited for the 6th, but I only had so many picks.

I actually hope the Habs get Garand of Hlavaj late. Unless they pick Daws in the 3rd or something that is.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Noooooo! That's why I hated not having a 6th... Even guys I picked in the 5th might have been better suited for the 6th, but I only had so many picks.

I actually hope the Habs get Garand of Hlavaj late. Unless they pick Daws in the 3rd or something that is.
With so many picks I wouldn't mind a goalie in the later rounds as well. There are some decent ones that will most probably still be on the board way past where they should.

Who got picked 1st?

Lafreniere.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With pick #191, the Vancouver Canucks select, from the Oshawa Generals of the OHL, defenseman Lleyton Moore.
12-moore,-lleyton-(27)-ep.jpg

'
'On talent alone, Moore certainly deserves to be ranked higher. His mobility is a major asset, as he's a downright terrific skater. However, the production hasn't quite materialized yet for the former high pick out of the famed Toronto Marlboros minor midget program. Moore defends quite well for a 5'8, 170lbs kid, by using his mobility to stay ahead of attackers . We believe he's worth a late round gamble on the basis of his boom or bust potential ''
@calder candidate is up next for the Devils. I'm sending him a message now.

Reactions: Carl182

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad