GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/30/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Columbus closes out Nashville to pick up a huge win on the road, which keeps the Blue Jackets in the 2WC spot in the East and within striking distance of Carolina for the 1WC spot.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
That was dumb Subban. Theodore had the puck and your plan was to do what?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Yes. The way they slumbered through the 3rd, they could have easily kicked that game away. There was little intensity, little drive, little desperation and the Devils had the Blues hemmed in and pressured several times - frequently because the Blues were lazy trying to clear the zone.

Blues fans [and others around the league] rag on Jake Allen, and often for good reason, but he bailed out his teammates in the 3rd because they really didn't do squat in the way of meaningful play those final 20 minutes of regulation.

Yea, but the Devils looked worse for long stretches. It was ultimately a pretty even game. The "argument" that they should have come away with zero points relies on their being truly outplayed or relying on extreme luck, neither of which happened. Anything beyond saying it was a fairly even game is hyperbolic.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Burns just got beat defensively. According to Sharks fans that rarely happens

Actually if you read the Doughty thread a lot of us agreed with what he said. But choose to ignore that and create your own narrative. Whatever makes the end of your shitty season better bro.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002

See, that's why we need goons like Reaves out of the game. Some skilled player would have stuck around and taken that hit like a real man and fallen to the ice stunned, and then one of his teammates would have had to come skating in to give retribution for a clean hit and started a fight and everyone else would have piled up around and the game would have come to a halt for several minutes while everyone picked up all their sticks and gloves.

f***ing Reaves. Had to go and ruin it for everyone.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That was dumb Subban. Theodore had the puck and your plan was to do what?

Subban is just bad.

Admittedly he is playing good this game, but there is still one period left.

He has the ability to make big saves, but he also lets in very weak goals as well.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Subban is just bad.

Admittedly he is playing good this game, but there is still one period left.

He has the ability to make big saves, but he also lets in very weak goals as well.

I agree. Didn't really care when Boston lost Subban. He's still young to where he can improve possibly, but he also has to eat a roster spot. He should go to New York and learn from Korn.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I agree. Didn't really care when Boston lost Subban. He's still young to where he can improve possibly, but he also has to eat a roster spot. He should go to New York and learn from Korn.

He did and now he sings ADIDAS before every game

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
It's been a great night. I put my pajamas on, played with my Star Wars toy, watched some hockey, and now I'm going to bed.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I hope he doesn't re-signed. I want to see how our other goalies do in a backup role. I have never been a big fan of Subban.

He just almost let the Sharks tie it up all by himself.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
How's young Quinton doing out there? Haven't been watching Canucks / Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad