GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/23/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Great game by Smith. Allowed 1 goal on 28 shots.

Canucks slink off to their dressing room to polish up their golf clubs.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Good win by the flames but come on, they are playing against a team that 4 of their dmen shouldn’t be in the nhl

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Soo the Canucks should be in the playoffs you’re saying.

Nah, I'm realistic and don't think that they could have made the playoffs even if they won all of their remaining games.

That being said, Calgary has been second best to a Canucks team quite often. I don't see them going far in the playoffs (especially with the goaltending they have). I wouldn't be too cocky if I were you.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The childishness of the majority of fans in this thread make me excited for a year or two from now when the Canucks are hopefully competitive again the this rivalry really means something. It's been a decade since both teams were actually decent at the same time (yes I am aware we played a playoff series only 4 years ago). Should be fun.

Reactions: Drop Shock

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Close game. Flames hung on for life the last half. Good game by the Canucks. Jhonny and SMith need to cut those diving antics out. Might not fly int he playoffs.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Good win by the flames but come on, they are playing against a team that 4 of their dmen shouldn’t be in the nhl
Actually the Canucks have been playing pretty well lately. Prior to tonight's game they won 5 of their last six and Markstrom has been awesome all season (he had a .921 Sv% in the last 12 games). Canucks always play big against the Flames. Lots of rivalry there.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Even as a flames fan i thought that was a dive, wouldve been totally ok if he got a penalty too. That backlund penalty tho was pure bs

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
You do realize that the Canucks have beaten Calgary 3 times this year?

You do realize the Flames have 101 points and the Nucks have 74 right. Congrats to the Nucks for beating the Flames 3 times, we'll be in the playoffs while you draft 7th.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
Nah, I'm realistic and don't think that they could have made the playoffs even if they won all of their remaining games.

That being said, Calgary has been second best to a Canucks team quite often. I don't see them going far in the playoffs (especially with the goaltending they have). I wouldn't be too cocky if I were you.

Yeah, 64% scoring chances for, 58% corsi for, 59% high danger corsi for, and a 2-1 record in regulation is really being second best. I really hope they don't come up second best like that in the playoffs.

Enjoy another bottom 10 finish, Canucks

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Holy shit. Just saw the Smith dive. Not really sure how anyone can say it wasn't. Dude tried to learn to fly on that play.

Kybb79

Sep 13, 2016
Nuck fans are acting like they're a playoff calibre team. Stop it enjoy the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad