GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/10/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Mike Tirico has been awesome calling this game.

Really goes to show you what GOOD play-by-play guys can do for a game.

Since hockey isn't A1 in a lot of the markets, they get a ton of less skilled guys doing games.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Winnipeg had a 6-on-4 and did absolutely nothing with it. If you shut a team down in a 6-on-4, you deserve the 2 points.
A 5on3, a 6on4 + other penalties ... + it was their better penalty killers taking the penalties....
And the Caps have hardly been a great PK team this season. Idk how the Jets have been more recently but aren’t they one of the better PP teams?

They were screwed?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Since hockey isn't A1 in a lot of the markets, they get a ton of less skilled guys doing games.

He deserves some playoff assignments

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Thought the Jets deserved a better fate. Played at least as well as the Caps but sometimes goaltending wins you games.

It’s the ultimate X factor.

See: Jets/Wild game 4. Without Hellebyuck, that series might have gone to a game 6

dig1

Mar 1, 2015

i hope you're not serious about Tirico . he has no skills. It almost feels his enthusiasm is forced. He mentions bane things, like when was the last time you had a game where Crosby didn't score> and of course Piere corrects him by stating that he has had his imprint all over the game.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
i hope you're not serious about Tirico . he has no skills. It almost feels his enthusiasm is forced. He mentions bane things, like when was the last time you had a game where Crosby didn't score> and of course Piere corrects him by stating that he has had his imprint all over the game.
I think it's obvious that his knowledge of the game isn't 100%. I didn't hear the Crosby scoring question. I heard him ask about shots. (Jan 11, was the last time Crosby was without a shot BTW).

But he's super super smooth, he's not over talking the play, he's getting the players names right, he's been slightly behind the play at times, but that's to be expected. I don't think anything is feeling forced, he's reading the crowd for cues he doesn't naturally know.

He's tossed out good information, either from a producer, or notes, and he's not forcing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad