GDT: HFBoards GDT | 3/10/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Surprised Perry wasn't involved in the dust up at the end. Sat on the bench the final minute of the game.
Well yeah perry is on the back 9... either way it was pretty much a nothing... not sure why doughty and quick got all crazy, had to be 1 of the softest slashes quicks ever received in the last min of a 1 goal game from the opposing team.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Well yeah perry is on the back 9... either way it was pretty much a nothing... not sure why doughty and quick got all crazy, had to be 1 of the softest slashes quicks ever received in the last min of a 1 goal game from the opposing team.

It was the 3rd poke that got him and everyone fired up and happened long after he had it covered in his stomach.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
It's fun that Calgary and the Sharks have built up a healthy rivalry so quickly this year. I think the Pacific race will go down to the wire. And I hope whatever team finishes 2nd beats Vegas.

Reactions: MartinJonesForPrez

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Or 7 million to a bottom pairing dman?

At least Vlasic was once a top-pairing defenseman who made Team Canada and who could still re-discover his game. The Flames have $7.43M tied up in Michael Frolik and Derek Ryan. And another $3.5M in Michael Stone.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It's fun that Calgary and the Sharks have built up a healthy rivalry so quickly this year. I think the Pacific race will go down to the wire. And I hope whatever team finishes 2nd beats Vegas.

Agreed. Just shows how pathetic people are when they said the Pacific Division is weak. It is just as good if not better than the central. Even Arizona is trying to sneak themselves into a playoff spot. That would be 4 teams from the Pacific represented in the playoffs.

Reactions: mooncalf

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
At least Vlasic was once a top-pairing defenseman who made Team Canada and who could still re-discover his game. The Flames have $7.43M tied up in Michael Frolik and Derek Ryan. And another $3.5M in Michael Stone.
Michael Frolik and Derek Ryan are useful players, lol. You have an argument for Stone, but he is still a serviceable player. He's been injured with a blot clot in his arm, so give me a freaking break. Both teams have players with bad contracts.

FWIW I think Vlasic is just having an off year. There's no way he's regressed that hard.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Michael Frolik and Derek Ryan are useful players, lol. You have an argument for Stone, but he is still a serviceable player. He's been injured with a blot clot in his arm, so give me a freaking break. Both teams have players with bad contracts.

FWIW I think Vlasic is just having an off year. There's no way he's regressed that hard.

Yeah, I’m also convinced something is up with Vlasic and he’s probably not a bottom pairing defenseman long term. But I’ve scapegoated him too much on the main boards to say he’s still good and have any sort of credibility. :laugh:

I don’t think he will ever be all that good again. He had already been regressing for 2 full seasons before this one.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Weird night to pick on Frolik with his 4 point performance...

4.3M for a single season for a player who's going to get ~40 points (pro-rated) while being defensively sound and for whatever reason gels with the second line better than most. Easy pill to swallow, especially with a 3.5M actual salary next year. Would be easy enough to move if they wanted to.

Ryan a bit of a disappointment but signed short-term for 3M, give me a break.

But maybe you guys have enough cap-space to sign Shirokov for 7M until he's 40. I mean he has a gold medal too just like Vlasic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad