Hynes this intermission...

tenor.gif

It’s ****ing embarrassing.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Atlantic would have been a scary division

The top-4 teams yes... Ottawa and Detroit would be freebie points. Buffalo most nights too. Florida has beaten Detroit three times and Hawks twice. Lost to Detroit, Nashville, Columbus. I don't know if you can call them world beaters.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think the Oilers won a game last season when neither had a point, and it was the first time since November 2017 lol.

I just checked the logs, it looks like that didn't happen last year. Hockey-Reference says Oilers only won 1 game when Draisiatl didn't have a point (lol, 3/07/20 vs CBJ) and Connor wasn't scorless that game.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
First time the Oilers have won since November 2017 when both McDavid and Drai don’t get a point.
I can't tell if I should be more impressed by the two laugh at the rest of the team.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I can't tell if I should be more impressed by the two laugh at the rest of the team.

I mean... who can usually stop them? Tonight was one where they were definitely off from the start. Draisaitl was making bad passes and lost the puck a few times... that rarely happens. Bad game from them for sure. Khaira and the D-men scoring saved the game.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I mean, you could always lose against the Sens, which a couple teams have done.

Half-assing a game like tonight AND playing a sieve like Kosko.... and they still won.

Sens must have sacrificed a goat before the other games. Hockey Gawds must be appeased!

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
It's not that I care too much about "odds", but there's something really weird about how the Lightning were apparently back to the odds-on favorite at one point last week, they haven't lost a game since then (not that games at this point of the season really make much difference anyway, truthfully), and they're now back to #3 behind Colorado and Las Vegas.

It also doesn't make sense. Colorado and Las Vegas are in the same division. Only one of them can come out from there. The Lightning are in a much weaker division, You'd think their odds would be depressed just by virtue of that, by the 3rd round, at least one of them will be gone by default.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I just checked the logs, it looks like that didn't happen last year. Hockey-Reference says Oilers only won 1 game when Draisiatl didn't have a point (lol, 3/07/20 vs CBJ) and Connor wasn't scorless that game.
Yeah, you're right. I think they were close once last year, but one of them got a point late.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
The top-4 teams yes... Ottawa and Detroit would be freebie points. Buffalo most nights too. Florida has beaten Detroit three times and Hawks twice. Lost to Detroit, Nashville, Columbus. I don't know if you can call them world beaters.
They look much more complete, surprise dark horse for a top tier team

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

They're also getting by on a lot of 3v3 OT/SO wins. Whatever gets you two points right now but the bulk of their wins are in a manner that has zero translation to how you win playoff hockey games.

Reactions: voxel

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
It's not that I care too much about "odds", but there's something really weird about how the Lightning were apparently back to the odds-on favorite at one point last week, they haven't lost a game since then (not that games at this point of the season really make much difference anyway, truthfully), and they're now back to #3 behind Colorado and Las Vegas.

It also doesn't make sense. Colorado and Las Vegas are in the same division. Only one of them can come out from there. The Lightning are in a much weaker division, You'd think their odds would be depressed just by virtue of that, by the 3rd round, at least one of them will be gone by default.

Dunno... maybe bookies are trying get more bets on Tampa. Which odds are you checking?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It was just from a graphic NBCSN threw up before the second period. No research on my part beyond reading numbers on my television screen (hopefully correctly).
I thought it was odd the two favourites are from the same division. Logically they should cannibalize each other a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad