GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Pete DeBoer is trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

NqK7Obr.gif

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Refs let the play continue and leave the net off like an advantage play in soccer? Then blow it down when play goes back the other way? I've never seen that personally but I would love to see your examples.

Didn't see the play but yes, if an attacking player knocks the net off and the defending team counters play continues. Once the attacking team gets possession the play is whistled and the net put back on.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
They really weren't handed anything, though. Regulation should have been 6-5, though had the first one counted obviously the rest would be different. The first one was supposed to count. The Wagner goal does count. It was a good goal by all counts. It may be an oversight in the rules, but by the rules it counts.
Okay hoss. Enjoy your two points.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
People wonder why the NHL is so far behind the other three sports it’s things that turn off the casual viewer.

There are many other reasons the NHL is behind, over probably this. Stupid shitty games like this happen in every single league. Do you not remember that robbed call on the Saints or whoever that was that cost them a Superboel berth?

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Why are Bruins fans bringing up the first disallowed goal that was inconclusive? Toronto initiated that review and call.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
I went back and watched the replay, paused and went frame by frame.

When Wagner makes contact with the puck, I am almost positive that his stick is at shoulder height (or extremely close).

Where his stick is in relation to the crossbar doesn’t matter in this case because he knocked the puck to the ice first and then put it in the net.

You are allowed to knock the puck down from shoulder height and it’s not a high stick. So I actually think the refs made the right call.

From a Bruins fan this is not what happened and the refs blew the call badly.

Reactions: Phu and saffronleaf

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
If I hear Jack Edwards go on a single tirade the rest of the season about the officiating after the Bruins were, and I don’t say this ever, legitimately handed two points tonight, I’m going to cringe so hard my face might fall off.

He called this win " a tainted win, but a win nonetheless "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad