GDT: HFBoards GDT 2/18/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
From the rule book:

When the net is accidentally displaced by an attacking player, and the defending side is in control of the puck and moving out of their zone, play shall be permitted to continue until such time as the nonoffending team loses control of the puck. The resulting face-off will take place at a face-off spot in the zone nearest the location where the play was stopped, unless it is in the non-offending team’s defending zone, and as such the ensuing face-off would be outside the blue line at one of the face-off spots in the neutral zone. It is possible for a goal to be scored at one end of the rink while the net at the other end has been dislodged, provided that the team being scored upon is the team responsible for dislodging the net at the other end of the rink

Makes you wonder why they waited so long to blow the whistle.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No you can't because you can't see white from the top of the puck and the goal line. This isn't that hard buddy.
Look at that last screenshot posted. Click on it. There's white there with the puck on it's edge beyond the red line. That's a goal. But you'll keep denying it and honestly at this point, I don't really care to keep this circular circus show going. Enjoy the loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pomee

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
No, these are pretty objective calls to be made. If you can't see white between the puck and the goal line, no goal is to be called. And the high touch was a pretty easy call to make since he touched the puck above his shoulders. Calls get missed which happens but it doesn't change that the right calls weren't made.

Look at the picture and zoom in. Seems like a really strange thing for us to say that is not a goal. If that isn’t a goal, it’s literally by a damn hair and that is an issue.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
LOL you're trolling at this point. Look at that last screenshot posted. Click on it. There's white there with the puck on it's edge beyond the red line. That's a goal. But you'll keep denying it and honestly at this point, I don't really care to keep this circular circus show going. Enjoy the loss.

I've seen it numerous times and there isn't white there and Toronto had plenty of time to view that and came to the same conclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
Look at the picture and zoom in. Seems like a really strange thing for us to say that is not a goal. If that isn’t a goal, it’s literally by a damn hair and that is an issue.

They need to make the line so extremely clear that people can't even argue. It's not, and that's where the argument seems to be.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

It may literally be by a hair but that's not an issue. That's just the rules of it. There simply isn't conclusive evidence of it being a goal and that has been the standard since they implemented review.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins didn't even deserve 1 point in that game. They were totally outclassed which makes the screw job even worse. I think the Bruins had like 7 shots the last 50 minutes.

Refs also missed two high sticks by the Sharks, 7 men on the ice for the Sharks during a PP, and 4 men on the ice for the Sharks during the GW sequence. They did not have a good game.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
They need to make the line so extremely clear that people can't even argue. It's not, and that's where the argument seems to be.

That’s a good point. They make the call so literal that the puck needs to be more over the line than what we saw yet that blurry line is under how much ice?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Bruins didn't even deserve 1 point in that game. They were totally outclassed which makes the screw job even worse. I think the Bruins had like 7 shots the last 50 minutes.

They made 2 of those shots count though.....

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
LOL you can clearly tell from that screenshot that it's a goal. Keep lying to yourself that it wasn't. It's all moot anyway; hockey justice was served.

And how do you know everything would have been the same had they counted that as a goal. 5 or 6 minutes would have been added to the clock, faceoffs would have been different, line's would have been different. Everything would have been different. And compare it to what happened at the end of the game and OT that had a direct impact on the game. Not some goal scored 5 minutes into the game.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
He took control in the 3rd and and OT. Chara is what 43?

McAvoy is stronger than I thought.

41. His regression is noticeable when you watch it night in and night out. Really slow out there now.

McAvoy had a slow come back from some of his injuries. Wasn’t playing that well for a little but recently and tonight he has been playing like the player all of us see as that future franchise Dman.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Bruins pulled the tights in a roll up victory. Full Heel move, tonight.
Charlie McAvoy after the OT goal:

ShowyFarawayBrocketdeer-small.gif

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
41. His regression is noticeable when you watch it night in and night out. Really slow out there now.

McAvoy had a slow come back from some of his injuries. Wasn’t playing that well for a little but recently and tonight he has been playing like the player all of us see as that future franchise Dman.

Chara is Chara, you won a Cup w him.

As for MaCovy, I’ve watched him a few times. Nice all around D man, first pairing potential. Very savvy, I’d say that’s his best trait.

SJGoalie32

Apr 7, 2007
TealTown, USA
It wasn't just the Sharks that were robbed tonight, it was the entire hockey world that was robbed.....

.....of seeing Joe Thornton's celly after he netted his 4th goal.

I'm telling you, you Bruins fans would have been FAR better off if your team had sacrificed at least one point to the cause and let JT score again.

You all should have been clucking for JT in the final 5+ mins & OT

Reactions: compan and Phu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad